eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:36 pm

Bless you AC, Hope dreams dont die...
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: IOF 30-06 Rifle

Post by art_collector » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:56 pm

I havent been able to lay my hands on the pictures. However someother information which I forgot to share is as follows:

Calibre ofcourse is 0.30"
Bolt Type : Direct lug locking with the barrel
Barrel inside is chrome flash with 4 groves (this i think i mentioned)
Magazine capacity is 3 rounds
Trigger pull is 1.5 kg (adjustable) though I have no clue what it means
Fore sight is an adjustable ramp type and the rear sight adjusts from 100 mts to 400 mts,
Range ofcourse is 400 mts.
Weight I think my frend told me 3 or 4 kg im not really sure. Think it was 3. Something ...dovetail he did mention for the optical sight ....what exactly can't recollect

AC

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:02 pm

Barrel life will be exceptional with a chromed bore.......providing it is done properly.

Is there any indication what the rate of twist is ?

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:30 pm

AC,

You said that the mag capacity would be 3 rounds. Now thats a little disappointing, I was kinda hoping that it would be atleast 5 :( . What would be the circumstances which made the great IOF blokes keep the capacity to just 3 ??The rifle that they took "inspiration" from has a capacity of 5, I think, though not sure. Would the IOF 30.06 sell more if the capacity was 5 ??
Experts what do you say ?

best,

RP.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:49 pm

The range is just 400mtrs??? I have no idea about that but thought it was more.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:50 pm

If it's half decent, it will sell well irrespective of the magazine capacity.

Considering they are to have a removeable mag you may just find larger capacity mags being made for it by the likes gunaccessory.com
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:51 pm

This is the inspiration !!!!!! It comes in both 3 and 5 mag capacity .
IOF blokes even managed to copy the checkering on the front but messed up with the pistol grip checkering. Desi Monte Carlo also is not as good :( . Wonder why they never got "inspired" by the sights of this Sauer ?

AC do you know the barrel length of OUR BANDOOK ? :)

best ,

RP

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:47 pm

hey guys, i am india,last week people fromfactory came along with the rifle to lucknow, for demonstration to dealers ,i met the engineers and had a deep discussion, i will write in details,the rifle seems good from look wise,
i am in hurry will give all the details in few days.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:27 pm

Hi AC,

Any new update about the IOF 30-06 Rifle??

-NM

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:53 pm

Hi NM,

The latest update is that the factory has produced 15 (F I F T E E N) 30-06 rifles.Lets wait and see who are those lucky few!

AC

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:02 pm

Thanks.....

Please do post the pics as and when you are able to get them.

-Nishant

bobbysidhu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bobbysidhu » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:16 am

i am surprised at what all is written about this rifle!do you know that IOF always copies the designes, nothing that comes out of IOF plants is indeginous this too is a copy of one of the best brands in the world(i will disclose later the brand)like all other products,however let me breif you all that this rifle has safety at the top of grip area just behind the bolt.this probably has double action trigger(adjustable to feather touch)there could be holes drilled and tapped for scope bases with detachable magazine possibly four round capacity.
this can be a very good rifle if coustomised properly.the barrel can be tapered to a nice profile and installing coustom sights and giving good stock and forend to this rifle in walnut.this type of two piecestock configuration is very stable as the thrust vector is guided directly to the stock root and that also at a typical included negative receiver angle!
i get close to 1"group on my own coustomised .315 rifle! at 100yards that also has two piece stock configuration but ofcourse with new stock and coustom sights.
you can get to m eon all your gunsmithing quires at peerlessfirearms at yahoo.com
Edited.Writing email addresses in public is unsafe.
WEAPONS BY THEMSELVES ARE NOT HARMFUL,
IT IS THE ANGER WITHIN A MAN THAT IS DANGEROUS !

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:56 pm

bobbysidhu";p="33830 wrote:i am surprised at what all is written about this rifle!do you know that IOF always copies the designes, nothing that comes out of IOF plants is indeginous
HI! Bobby Yawn! :oops: :roll: tell us something we dont know - whats there to b surprised about ?
this too is a copy of one of the best brands in the world(i will disclose later the brand)
O great chief we await enligntenment with bated breath - now if you bother to go through the post you WILL already be aware of the brand - we got it straight from the horses mouth ;) UNLESS you want to declare that its a -Mosin Nagant :shock: TY we already know the brand its ripped off from and we also got the specs and have discussed em to death ;) Mate brand is a bery generic term and a lot of times the best "brands" also make dud models and what we are looking at is a obsolete "model" so the perspective changes if have a ripp off of the best brands dud model :)

bobbysidhu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bobbysidhu » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:49 pm

OH!thats great! can you give me some details regarding obsolete model of the rifle and the specs that you have so that i can do my research on those?thanks in advance

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:34 pm

Since when has the Sauer 200/202 been obsolete ?
Whilst the IOF might look superficially like the Sauer you can guarantee that the bolt does not lock into the barrel - the major design feature of the Sauer.