IOF 315 rifle and cartridge

Posts related to rifles.
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:57 am

Go for it Vikram, post pics and also the groups.
Have A BIL styudying in warwick, next time I come down to see him, you're going to be the reason...
best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:51 am

Thank you very much gentlemen, for the kind words and the encouragement. Mehul, you really are a star.Shall grab it as soon as the kind Grumpy can start the process. Can you please talk to him about this? I shall correspond with him as soon as you do that. Hope you wouldn?t mind this trouble.

When I checked last, it was taken off the listings on www.guntrader.co.uk
My heart skipped several beats. As I was searching for it, I found a similar rifle on T Stensby's website.But, the rifle is priced at ?750 and the wood seems different.

Asif, speak of this world being small. Give me the name of your BIL.Shall meet him. I shall be finishing my course by Septembre, but will be lingering here for sometime. When you come, it shall be a pleasure to meet you.You can shoot the rifle to your heart?s content. BTW, What is this Phillippe?s website where you saw this beauty? Can you please post the link? Thanks.

Once again, thanks everyone. Mehul, now the ball is back to ye.

Best- Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:27 am

Vikram,

E-mail Grumpy and discuss it with him. He would then put you on to the seller.

You have a PM.

Good luck and I hope you get the beauty,

Mehul

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:49 pm

vikram,
meant
http://www.jagdwaffen-ollendorff.com/
good luck and see you in 'crow in the oak' in coventry-the owner's a friend of mine...
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:11 pm

That Lee-Speed is a stunner. In the meantime I`ve found another rifle to tease Mehul with........if it`s as good as it sounds it should be superb. ( Hint: It`s a British built .303 but not an SMLE. ) If Mehul can get pictures from the vendor I`m sure he`ll post them here.
So the trajectory of the .315 IOF is a parabola ? Well I`ll go to sea in a bucket ! Who would have thought that a bullets` trajectory could be a parabola ? Manufacturers talk such s*** !
I`m trying to remember IOFs claims for accuracy for the .315 rifle. I believe that they quote 4" groups @ 100 yards ( certainly no better ) and they discount one `flier` in that group..................? !!!!!!!!
NO other gunmaker on the planet allows for fliers ! Either the rifle is rubbish or the ammunition is - or both.
My new rifle - which will be arriving not long after I return from vacation - will shoot 1" groups at 100 metres straight out of the box. The 26" heavy-barrel version will shoot 1/2" groups. That`s a factory built hunting rifle not a dedicated target rifle and it doesn`t cost a fortune either.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:57 pm

The manufacturer itself is rubbish and rubbish comes out of rubbish :cry: :x :evil:
Take care,
penpusher

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:58 am

Vikram. I haven`t got the contact details of the guy who is selling the Lee-Speed but you might remember that Winnie on the IGC was going to buy it until he discovered that military calibre rifles are not allowed in France ( Allan is an Australian resident in N.France ) so he might still have the guys contact details. I`ve just sent Mehul Winnies` email address so that he can ask.
If you get the contact details don`t rush to buy it........and don`t offer him the full price he`s asking - try an offer around ?500. Remember also that I`m out of the country for the next month ( from Friday 28th July until Sunday 27th August inclusive. )
If you manage to buy the rifle the vendor will have to transfer it to a local dealer so that it can be sent to me - private individuals cannot transfer firearms via mail or carrier, only person-to-person.
That third party dealer will probably charge you around ?25 for handling the rifle and the transfer to me by ParcelForce 24 will cost ?17.85. If they have to store the rifle for you the charge is usually around ?25 for the first month, ?10 per month therafter. Easier - and cheaper - to ask the vendor to hang onto it for a few weeks until I`m back.
I can`t remember where the vendor is........ - my memory is shot ! - but if it`s somewhere near to where I go when attending auctions I could pick it up myself - I have guns that I`ve bought awaiting collection all around the country !

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:17 am

OOPS! :oops: Grumpy, thanks a bunch for trying to help me. I just shot off a mail to you before I saw this post. You addressed all I wanted to know. Thanks again. Let us hope, we will be able to locate that beauty.I shall start the search as soon as I can.

Best- Vikram

Pee Yess: If I am not being overly curious, which make of rifle would that be shooting 1" groups out of box?

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:13 am

No problem Vikram. I`ve replied to your email - how do you fancy attending the auction I mentioned ?

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:06 pm

Thanks again Grumpy. I shall most certainly be there and look forward to meeting you there. :D

Best- Vikram

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:23 pm

Vikram,

Good luck and do let us know how the hunt for the Lee Speed goes.

I am reminded of a line from Dryden's "Alexander's Feast - Only the brave, only the brave, only the brave deserve the fair. 8) :lol:

Mehul

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:09 am

Vikram, managed to find the details whilst I was clearing up all the guns that were laying around the place - all properly locked away now.
Southams next auction will be held on Thursday 14th September at the Bedford Auction Centre ( W & H Peacock ) in Newnham Road, Bedford.
Viewing is from 10.30am - 4.00am on Wednesday 13th Aug and from 10.00am on the day of the sale. The auction commences about 1.00pm and finishes about 6.00 pm.
There`s no need to view the day before - there`s plenty of time on the day. There`s a good Italian cafe next door, a chippy next to that and a pub straight across the road.
What will turn up is anyones guess - the selection always ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous. There`ll be shotguns, rifles and antiques......and some junk. Prices can be ridiculously cheap on a good day. I do know that there are three Browning A5 semi-auto shotguns entered - one FN and two Japanese - and all three are pretty good.
Hope you can make it.
John.

pwm
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: IOF .315 rifle and ammo

Post by pwm » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:42 am

can anyone give me the metric designation for the .315 IOF, I understand that this is a special indian development under your gun law not knowing outside of your border.
is it only a .303 case with a .315 instead of a .311 bullet so it cant fired in a .303 military rifle?

mehulkamdar

Re: IOF .315 rifle and ammo

Post by mehulkamdar » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:06 am

PWM,

It is a 303 case altered to fire a J bore 8mm bullet. A complete piece of crap by all reports and indications.

Mehul

penpusher

IOF 315 rifle

Post by penpusher » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:49 pm

This would give you an idea of how the IOF functions http://pmindia.nic.in/listbody.htm
Scroll down to
SHRI ANANTA KUMAR NATH

penpusher