The "Do's" and "Don'ts" of Open Carry Part I

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
rahul_does
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Location: Yamunanagar, India, My bike, wherever I keep my bag.

Re: The "Do's" and "Don'ts" of Open Carry Part I

Post by rahul_does » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:10 pm

rajveer wrote:
But to my shock, when I visited Delhi six months back at the entrance of a mall in Saket I was treated like a terrorist trying to get in with 100kg of TNT. I showed them my license, travel permit duely endorsed by the local Delhi police but it was of no avail. Yes it can be said that the security guards will not have that much knowledge and the are just trying to save their skin just like their bosses.

But my question here is can we carry (conceal) our legitemate weapon to these kind of places. If the argument here is going to be about public place, then during that visit to Delhi I carried my weapon some 15 times while travelling in Delhi Metro. Everytime before the security check I disclossed the CRPF that I have a weapon on myself . They politely asked me to enter the details in a register that they maintain and allowed me to travel.

Whether similar practice will be followed if on my next I wish to visit Red Fort, Kutumb Minar and places like that, It is a type of compulsion for me to carry my hand gun during visits to other places as mostly they are business travel involving Money .
Not at Kutub Minar. It was THERE that I was treated like the aforementioned terrorist. They were about to arrest me!!! At least their demeanour suggested that.

About Metro, here is my take on it.

More, as it happens,

Ra.
Time heals many wounds and time wounds many heels.