20 men molest 17 year old in Guwahati!!!!!

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

20 men molest 17 year old in Guwahati!!!!!

Post by Skyman » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:47 am

Hello Friends,

I am sure you must be aware of this incident by now.It is a national shame.To drive home the point , here is a video clip of the incident.This happened ON A ROAD WITH HEAVY TRAFFIC GOING BY.THE MOB CHASED THE GIRL AND ASSAULTED HER AFTER SHE ESCAPED AND RAN A SHORT DISTANCE.WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

WARNING: IT IS A DISTURBING VIDEO.IT SHOWS A MOB PUSHING A GIRL AROUND, PULLING HER HAIR ETC.

[youtube][/youtube]

I started a discussion on how to avert such incidents a while back, but my god, what is to be done when faced with such a crowd of animals? More importantly, how can you or me intervene in such situations? If only gun licenses were not such a hassle, maybe an armed citizen would have intervened?

Your thoughts on this shameful tragedy are solicited.
Last edited by Skyman on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

For Advertising mail webmaster
miroflex
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: 20 men molest 17 year old in Guwahati!!!!!

Post by miroflex » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:57 am

It is indeed shocking and shanmeful that such an incident took place on a busy road of a large city in broad daylight. The guilty deserve the strongest punishment.
"To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived." Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure Of The Copper Beeches" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:48 pm

Here is the best part- the cops rescued her but made no arrests!!!

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:40 pm

There is not much that can be done against the Mob its a standard modus operandi in India for lynching, molesting and riots- folks change on a dime. Its always weaker folks who bear the brunt. What will Police do ? Just have good running shoes and stamina like triathlon athlete..I speak from experience mate lived through this and many more must have encountered such a situation.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Looks like the so called moral police aka a bunch of sexually repressed perverts in action. Probably they caught her indulging in an immoral act i.e. patronising a pub.

What can one do? I do not know the precise answer but I know what I would like to do. :evil:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

hillsman
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by hillsman » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:47 pm

something like this probably happens everyday in india. this is one of the very few instances where it was caught on camera. really shameful.

skeetshot
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by skeetshot » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:27 pm

I would like to comment on this terrible and shameful incident by going to the far shores of New York City. New York has one of the most stringent gun laws, called the Sullivan Law.

Many years back, an office girl was returning home in the subway when a huge maniac assaulted her, grabbed her by her leg and proceeded to drag her from compartment to compartment towards the end of the train while she screamed and passed seated onlookers.

The girl reached into her handbag while being dragged, and shot her assailant with an unlicenced weapon.

As I recall, she got away scot free because inspite of a Grand Jury, no charges were pressed against her.

Now if this unfortunate girl was armed or an armed citizen had intervened, I for one feel the outcome would be different.

The assailants acted knowing they were a superior force. If there was any chance of them knowing that she might be armed, or that some other armed person might react against them, they would not have acted as freely.

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:38 pm

She went to a birthday party i gather.What chills me is the look on their faces while they molest her.And more men gather and take turns!!!!

I ask myself- what if i sent my daughter to a birthday celebration and she got molested by a mob on the main road? I wonder what parents in guwahati are feeling now.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:49 pm

skeetshot wrote:The girl reached into her handbag while being dragged, and shot her assailant with an unlicenced weapon.
I would have loved to see that happen.However, even a small knife/punch dagger would have been better than being empty handed.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Something fundamentally going wrong with moral and social values of the nation. What to say now?

Another 'molestation' case in Assam, this time by Army jawans

SIBSAGAR ( ASSAM): Close on the heels of molestation of a girl in Guwahati that generated national outcry, a teenager met the same fate allegedly at the hands of Army jawans in Assam's Sibsagar district, police said on Saturday.

A team of Army personnel headed by Lance Naik were on patrol duty near a forest in Dolopa where they spotted a teenaged girl collecting firewood, Sibsagar additional superintendent of police S K Dutta said.

When Naik and his team allegedly tried to molest her in the forest, the girl created a furore which was heard by the nearby local villagers who rushed to the spot and managed to free the girl from the armymen clutches, Dutta said.

The Army personnel posted in the Nitaipukhuri camp managed to flee from the spot.

The area is flood prone and militant-infested for which the camp of the Army was set up.

Army sources, when contacted, said that there was no information on the matter with them.

Source http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 912256.cms
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:19 am

Vikram wrote:Looks like the so called moral police aka a bunch of sexually repressed perverts in action. Probably they caught her indulging in an immoral act i.e. patronising a pub.

What can one do? I do not know the precise answer but I know what I would like to do. :evil:

Best-
Vikram
Your emoticon is called "evil," Vikram, but in your context, I think that the emoticon should be called "righteous." I would have no trouble pulling the trap lever for every one of these criminals, and I feel that such punishment is exactly what the situation demands.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

furqan
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by furqan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:48 am

The girl is minor so I hope they get strict punishment for abusing a minor it did shock the whole nation as how these bunch of cowards happily were doing the crime.
When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state".
-- Robert A. Heinlein.

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:48 am

Great, now army jawans are molesting the people they are sworn to defend.They should be hung.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Skyman wrote:Great, now army jawans are molesting the people they are sworn to defend.They should be hung.
Was it not that a girl was raped in Delhi by men including some from the President's Bodyguard? Okay found it

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/unc ... 36531.html

sowmiyamoorthy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sowmiyamoorthy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Dear Friends
Do you know difference between INDIA and FOREIGN

In Foreign country YOU CAN KISS IN PUBLIC BUT YOU CAN'T PISS but
In INDIA YOU CAN PISS IN PUBLIC BUT YOU CAN'T KISS :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sowmi
"Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter"