Elderly Customer Shoots Internet Cafe Robbers

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Elderly Customer Shoots Internet Cafe Robbers

Post by Vikram » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:11 pm

I will let the video speak.

[youtube][/youtube]

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/surveil ... e-robbers/
SURVEILLANCE VID SHOWS 71-YEAR-OLD CONCEALED CARRY HOLDER OPENING FIRE ON WOULD-BE ROBBERS
Posted on July 17, 2012 at 8:59am by Jonathon M. Seidl Print »Email »
Comments (200)
Samuel Williams could soon become a poster child for concealed carry. Or rather a poster senior citizen.

Williams is being hailed as a hero this week after he sprung into action on Friday to thwart an armed robbery at an internet cafe. Williams was present when two masked thugs walked into the Palms Internet Cafe in Marion County, Florida. One of the men was brandishing a gun while the other had a bat. They started ordering patrons around and one smashes a computer screen. That’s when Williams took action.

Ocala.com explains what happened:

Williams was seated toward the back of the cafe dressed in a white shirt, shorts and baseball cap.
One of the masked men, identified as Duwayne Henderson, 19, comes in pointing a handgun at customers. The second man, Davis Dawkins, 19, is seen swinging a bat at something off screen, which was later identified as a $1,200 computer screen.
As Henderson turns his back, Williams pulls out a .380-caliber semi-automatic handgun, stands from his chair, takes two steps, nearly drops to one knee, and fires two shots at Henderson, who bolts for the front door.
Williams takes several more steps toward the door and continues firing as Henderson and Dawkins fall over one another trying to exit the building. The two eventually run off screen.
Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
lakecity_shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Elderly Customer Shoots Internet Cafe Robbers

Post by lakecity_shooter » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Indeed Good Treatment ........!!!!!!!!!!!
"Defeat is a choice so as victory,You are never beaten till u decide"

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:10 pm

A shot to the head of each would have taken these fellows out of the gene pool and been more economical for the govt. as well.No money wasted on housing and feeding the thugs.Thanks for posting this Vikram.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Excellent Find, Vikram.
I especially liked how they practically ran over each other in their haste to get out.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:26 pm

very nice video! I wish it was a .45 hollow point instead of a .380 that would have been like "Take no prisoners" :D

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Hilarious.They ran fast enough to compete with bolt.Gotta love the way the old man stealthily gets up and pops off rounds lol.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

Georgian21
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Georgian21 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Classic..!!

the video can be used as an true example of armed robbers meeting armed Citizens. A 180 degree full reversal :)

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:33 pm

> Vikram, thanks for sharing this interesting video recording.
> Hats off to Mr. Williams for his courage & spontaneous reaction.
Briha

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:17 am

I noticed a couple of things in the video which we should also think about as we are in india.
In a country where people are in jail for firing at robbers who were in their houses/properties, it would be very unwise to wield your firearm in a manner so as to cause deadly injury to the burglars, especially when its not your property and your life is not being threatened.
While the gentleman in the video deserves plaudits for his act, i dont think we should be back slapping each other and wishing for hollow points etc.
Brins to my mind that old adage, when in rome, do as the romans do.
American legal point of view and public sentiment is far different than over here and we all need to appreciate that as well.
To Excellence through Diligence.

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:40 am

Safarigent wrote:I noticed a couple of things in the video which we should also think about as we are in india.
In a country where people are in jail for firing at robbers who were in their houses/properties, it would be very unwise to wield your firearm in a manner so as to cause deadly injury to the burglars, especially when its not your property and your life is not being threatened.
While the gentleman in the video deserves plaudits for his act, i dont think we should be back slapping each other and wishing for hollow points etc.
Brins to my mind that old adage, when in rome, do as the romans do.
American legal point of view and public sentiment is far different than over here and we all need to appreciate that as well.
Well I don't know about the self defense laws in India but here in the US, yes if a burglar is on your property, it is classified as an intruder and you can shoot to kill.

Well then this brings up the question, under what self defense scenario, in India you can shoot ? or shoot to kill?

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:52 am

Bhargav,
Have a look just in this forum in the legal section and you will find many cases where people who merely shot at and injured burglars on their property were found to be on the wrong side of the law.
While this gentlemans actions are praiseworthy the might not be duplicated here in india without a lot of trouble to the good samaritan.
This is the kind of video we should email to our hon. Home minister.
To Excellence through Diligence.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:07 am

Arjun makes a good point, laws and perceptions are different in the US.

I did read a follow up of this.
http://www.gainesville.com/article/2012 ... 109/sports
They interviewed the perps. It is pretty funny at times.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Bhargav
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Bhargav » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:09 am

Safarigent wrote:Bhargav,
Have a look just in this forum in the legal section and you will find many cases where people who merely shot at and injured burglars on their property were found to be on the wrong side of the law.
While this gentlemans actions are praiseworthy the might not be duplicated here in india without a lot of trouble to the good samaritan.
This is the kind of video we should email to our hon. Home minister.
I can understand, its sad state of affairs. This means that a person can never defend himself, as per the law :?

YogiBear
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by YogiBear » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:24 am

Aloha,

Just because the robber is "down" doesn't mean he's out for the count.

Young men like him are extremely resiliant when full of anderenalin.

One has to keep shooting until movement stops.

Like hunting. Never let a wounded Animal go off to harm another hunter.

Disparity of force/age. Young andrenalin filled man vs Older physically Weaker old man.

Remember, this also happened in Florida.

A 380 in hand beat no gun at all.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:57 am

I can understand, its sad state of affairs. This means that a person can never defend himself, as per the law :?
No it is not like this. Please read this http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 30#p168030 and http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 23#p156759
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992