Shoot for his legs,I say

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
ak27
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Shoot for his legs,I say

Post by ak27 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Raptor wrote: Erm sir, that's exactly what soldiers are trained to do for bayonet charges ...Madras Regiment trained the entire world's infantry ,now, seriously? :P
BTW good video
But, Soldiers are not trained to attack CIVILIANS with bayonets or SMGs. Are they?! :evil:

My comments were made regarding BAD GUYS who would attack innocent civilians on the streets. If you are still having trouble figuring out who these BAD GUYS are: they are Thugs, Criminals, Muggers, Carjackers etc but not SOLDIERS. :wink:
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin

For Advertising mail webmaster
Raptor
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raptor » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:36 pm

ak27 wrote:
Raptor wrote: Erm sir, that's exactly what soldiers are trained to do for bayonet charges ...Madras Regiment trained the entire world's infantry ,now, seriously? :P
BTW good video
But, Soldiers are not trained to attack CIVILIANS with bayonets or SMGs. Are they?! :evil:

My comments were made regarding BAD GUYS who would attack innocent civilians on the streets. If you are still having trouble figuring out who these BAD GUYS are: they are Thugs, Criminals, Muggers, Carjackers etc but not SOLDIERS. :wink:
just giving you the reason why it's effective to yell while running amok with a knife/cutlass/sword/bayonet/spear/iron pipe/hatpin/safety pin/board pin/corkscrew/thumbscrew ....... :D
"It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it."

ak27
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ak27 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:12 am

Raptor wrote:just giving you the reason why it's effective to yell while running amok with a knife/cutlass/sword/bayonet/spear/iron pipe/hatpin/safety pin/board pin/corkscrew/thumbscrew ....... :D
You are unconditionally right on that Raptor. Yelling hysterically while charging will pump-up the adrenaline of the opponent, which when uncontrolled, leads to disorientation, loss of composure or even worse. BTW, my favorite war cries are that of the Khukri wielding Royal Gurkha Rifles. :)

Safety Pin/Board Pin?!! ROTFL You made my Day!!
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Ben Franklin

Raptor
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raptor » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:14 am

thank you sir AK27, i was merely invoking some rather vivid experiences of marital(yes marital NOt martial) discord that I have witnessed or been a party to . I would have included 'sticks/breadsticks/chickendrumsticks/dipsticks/broomsticks/lipsticks/assorted pots and pans/other household appliances such as mixer/juicer/grinder.....,'the list is practically endless; but the forum rules explicitly prohibit sexist remarks and more importantly , being a timid married soul , i didn't want to risk the wrath of 'the almighty'! ;) I am glad I could get the point accross without resorting to extreme measures...... Anytime anyone starts screaming and waving things around my knees turn to jelly, my palpitations skyrocket, i become disoriented and utterly confused. So it's my personal opinion that in such cases , whether I am armed or unarmed, my response time will be effectively slowed down and i would probably choose to turn tail and run rather than try and pull my gun! After all as the adage goes 'discretion,is indeed, the better part of valor! :D
Last edited by Raptor on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:04 pm

LOL ROTFL Good one Raptor!!

:cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Raptor
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Raptor » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:07 pm

thank you kalyan sir.....sometimes i get these terrible urges .... :p