Does anybody carry in New Delhi?

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Does anybody carry in New Delhi?

Post by aadhaulya » Wed May 20, 2015 10:22 am

Thanks GBM, it is very clear.

Regards

Atul

For Advertising mail webmaster
Chandan22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Chandan22 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:25 pm

Hello,

Atul, you needn't even go to the post office and terrorise the poor postal workers with your openly carried revolver !!
Just go to https://rtionline.gov.in/ and post the RTI online, after making the due payment of Rs. 10/-

Thats how I did it.

You on for shooting this weekend?

~C

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed May 20, 2015 10:15 pm

Chandan,

Now this sounds very simple.

Unfortunately I am off to Kolkata on an official tour, so won't be around this weekend. Some how missing out on all the fun.

Regards

Atul

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:10 am

aadhaulya wrote:
harshit89 wrote:Carrying firearms in Delhi is not a task of easy way through as compared to the boundary states like Gurgoan and UP.
Harshit,

I did not understand, why would it be a task (easy or not) as unlike the USA, in India you get a license for a firearm and there is no restriction if you want to carry it openly or concealed, unloaded or loaded including the cartridge chambered, ready to fire.

Regards

Atul
Hello Atul,

You are not getting my point. I am not saying that carrying licensed guns in India is a difficult task to do. But I am saying that in India, the guns are considered not as a regular tool by the common people. They might have seen these guns being carried by the cops only. And If they see these guns in the hands of some civilians then there might be chances of chaos although the person might be carrying the licensed guns.

Regards

Harshit
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Thu May 21, 2015 7:03 pm

Harshit,

It is not anything like that at all. There is no chaos and people normally, try not to be rude by staring at it. Only a cop may pointedly stare at it for a moment but wont bother to ask any thing about it.
This is from my personal experience as I always 'open carry' my revolver and some times a telescopic rifle as well.

Regards

Atul