Stun guns- Is it legal in India

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:57 pm

mundaire";p="51216 wrote: Spraying perfume into a persons eyes could potentially cause permanent injury
I know someone from the fairer sex who did that on a certain person's advice :oops: . The eve teaser ran off so the after effects couldn't be verified. She was thankful that the advice was passed on about a week before the eve-teasing event happened at a bus stop :evil: on ring road around 2 pm, with other folks watching from a distance :x . Only when the guy ran off did the folks muster courage to walk up to her and verify if she was ok.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

For Advertising mail webmaster
MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:50 am

Most pepper spray is desinged to spray and run...

Else you have someone who is very angry and determined for revenge.

Taser's simillarly are to incapacitate and then imobilise...

Effecteve elimination is generally the effective use of lethal force.

archer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by archer » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:02 am

i got my sister a pepper spray, but was curios about it. so i actually sprayed it in my room(in the air). just a little bit, not aimed at anyone, it was so strong, i started sneezing immediately. my eyes started watering and were red in minutes. it took me about an hour to settle down.

pls donot try this at home. I am not sure of their shelflives, as my sister has not used it since then.
Yeh dil maange more.....!!!

Shamsher
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Shamsher » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:59 am

Recently bought some pepper spray from Mr. Rana Singh in Banglore. [email protected]
they have a website too, & ship by courier
nice people to deal with.
They have small & big pack, i bought the Mag version. tried it on a monkey, not seen him since.

SS

island-miami
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Stun guns- Is it legal in India

Post by island-miami » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:51 pm

Stun Guns are available in India for more info contact [email protected] for more info visit http://security-office.us

-- Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:14 pm --
perazzi wrote:I heard this pepper spray thingy has a shelf life like 06 months or so ???

A friend of mine once used this on a highway trucker , was pretty damned effective :lol:
Stun guns and stun batons are cheaper in the long run and they do not have a shelf life :wink:
http://security-office.us/documents/mini_stun_gun.html

Kalra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Kalra » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:40 am

Now whom do I contact for stun guns in Bangalore

Looked almost everywhere
No luck
Very very very very disappointed..!! :(

indistun
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by indistun » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:59 am

Law or set by the state, Indiana is no exception.

sudhaiob\";p=\"51163 wrote:strangeky enough a thorough perusal of section 2 (h) and(i)(ii) reveals the following.
2 (h)"prohibited ammunition" means any ammunition containing or designed or adapted to contain, any noxious liquid, gas or other such thing, and includes rockets, bombs, grenades, shells,(missiles,)articles designed for torpedo service and submarine mining and such other articles as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify to be prohibited ammunition.
The Lightings Digital Cameras Decorations Safety Patron saint

indistun
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by indistun » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:31 am

I'll try that and let you know how it works out!
but not every state allows you the right to self-defensestun gun. Stun guns are restricted in: Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Wisconsin, the restrictions in some cities. If you are a stun gun has been exposed, you may have to pay a fine.
Last edited by indistun on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lightings Digital Cameras Decorations Safety Patron saint

n_j596
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by n_j596 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:56 pm

I bought 1 from Mangal Computers and components, Faridabad.

http://www.mangalindia.com/Electric-Sho ... India.html

Krishnadhamodharan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Krishnadhamodharan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Dear users, Stung gun is strictly prohibited in india!
The mere posesion itself can ruin your life beyond your imagination and causes big trouble ,sentence you-to 3 years in imprisonment and a hefty fine is demanded.
kindly knowledge the companies selling or marketing these products in india,they are all illegal. Several restricted products such as handheld portable walky talkies are also flooding the market. In the same manner stung gun are also imported under the toys category by smuggling and by tricking the customs, If u are in possession of these then hide it immediately or throw it out, the district department dosen't need a court order to raid your house.
Jai hind

-- Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:47 pm --
n_j596 wrote:I bought 1 from Mangal Computers and components, Faridabad.

http://www.mangalindia.com/Electric-Sho ... India.html
-- Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:48 pm --
Kalra wrote:Now whom do I contact for stun guns in Bangalore

Looked almost everywhere
No luck
Very very very very disappointed..!! :(

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:50 pm

AFAIK they are legal. Can you please elaborate more on this from the legal angle, like it is violative of which law, sections etc.? If you can provide some judgments related to stun guns, tasers.
Several restricted products such as handheld portable walky talkies are also flooding the market.
Can you provide the details of the law that restricts them? We used to make walkie talkies in our school labs many years ago. Are they not the tools needed for freedom of speech and expression guaranteed under Article 19 of Constitution of India?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:56 pm

goodboy_mentor,
I have made one too following a tutorial found online. I think even if government made portable walkie talkies illegal there would be tons of them floating in the black market as they are easy to build and we're close to China.

Krishnadhamodharan,
First of all welcome to IFG :) Could you please provide more info on the legality of portable walkie talkies? I think they are important in boats and remote areas. Maybe you're talking about Radio Scanners, Radio Scanner and walkie talkies are different. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scanner_%2 ... _in_the_US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkie-talkie
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:22 pm

If u are in possession of these then hide it immediately

Dear krishnadamodaran, if you are sure that having walkie talkies is illegal, why are you giving illegal advise to members. You are encouraging them to hide illegal stuff :!:
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:44 pm

AFAIK it is not illegal to possess walkie talkies or stun guns.(If someone disagrees, please share information with proper legal citations) One may read the following post by Swajan, he is a lawyer and got his walkie talkie cleared from Customs http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 46#p142578
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:46 pm

AFAIK it is not illegal to possess walkie talkies or stun guns.(If someone disagrees, please share information with proper legal citations) One may read the following post by Swajan, he is a lawyer and got his walkie talkie cleared from Customs viewtopic.php?f=4&p=138146#p142578
:agree: with what you say.
my point was that IF one is convinced that it is illegal (like krishnadamodaran's post above), then why give 'illegal' advise to fellow members.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.