• Advertisement
Ballistol.in - one stop shop for gun care

Suggest a knife for self-defence please

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.

Re: Suggest a knife for self-defence please

Postby kenhypno » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:50 pm

.32 wrote:I've been using a Victorinox Knife, looked fine but wears very fast. The blade doesn't hold its edge well.
A very less than ordinary knife but expensive.

i carry a Victrinox Tinker myself and yes agreed expensive and right about the blades too!
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -- The Dalai Lama, (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times)
kenhypno

Postby Priyan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Someone said, "The winner of a knife fight is the one that makes it to the hospital" Avoid it when possible, also don't try to do anything fancy you see in movies. I once talked to a veteran who said slice attacks won't do any good if both are prepared to fight (common in knife fights) the best way is to stab them multiple times at vitals like chest and throat (I'm not sure if India has the "excessive force" law though) and gut when you get a chance. Stabbing them in shoulder multiple times is good too. Almost any knife would work except those "10 rupiya" knives. The most important thing about knife fighting is to stay fit, so going to gym or a little bit of exercise at home would help.
When I'll get to shoot a gun?
Priyan

Postby kenhypno » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:07 am

my suggestion SAK Soldier Alox Imagejust about the right size in length and breadth 93 milimeters 3.66 inches not too slim and small like small SAK Tinker 3-1/4 inches / 8 cm (too flimsy) or big like Locksmith 111 mm or 4.37 inches (which i think is illegal to carry)! i can carry it as a neck nife with a special pouch and a string around my neck too!
here is its history !
Code: Select all
http://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Soldier+1961
"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." -- The Dalai Lama, (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times)
kenhypno

Postby thebrowningeffect » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:43 am

nagarifle wrote:best form of self defense is laughter. you tell a joke so funny while they are craking up you ride away on your bike. :D

some things in life can not be avoided and some can so best learn to avoid those things which can be avoided.

take a base ball bat, it has many uses, with it you can teach a new game or two as baseball bats are not well known in this country. :D and no licence is needed for it. just take along some balls as well. :D

good sense of humour nagarifle. :D
”An armed society is a polite society.”
~Robert Heinlein~
thebrowningeffect

Previous

Return to Self defence/ Home defence