My Favourite Air Guns

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
kangarooscope
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

My Favourite Air Guns

Post by kangarooscope » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi Guys,

In my introduction thread some of you wanted to see my air guns. Well, here are some pictures of my favourites in action.

All of the pictures were taken during club competitions, hence the "serious" look on yours trulys face as he squeezes the trigger :lol:

Air Arms TX200 MK2 .22 calibre. As you can see we shoot in all weathers, snow this time, back in January this year.
TX200 MK2 .22.JPG
Air Arms TX200SR MK1 .177 calibre.
TX200SR MK1 .177.JPG
Air Arms TX200SR MK2 .177 calibre
TX200SR MK2 .177.jpg
What do you think?

Any questions? Please ask.

More to follow soon hopefully.

Cheers Roo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
ramtiger
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: My Favourite Air Guns

Post by ramtiger » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:07 am

nice pics and rifle

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:49 pm

NIce guns, thanks for sharing.
Do they suffer any loss of performance in the cold?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:53 am

Nice TX-200,Roo. Good to see you guys shooting even in the snow.

Used to have the same rifle in .22.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

kangarooscope
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kangarooscope » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:44 am

xl_target wrote:NIce guns, thanks for sharing.
Do they suffer any loss of performance in the cold?
As far as performance is concerned, I have never chrono'd any of my guns out in the cold, the results could be interesting, I will if/when it turns cold here again.

As far as accuracy is concerned, I find this quite often goes to pot in the cold, especially with a springer that is hold sensitive, such as an Air Arms Prosport ( as being shot by the guy in the back ground in the first photo). I am sure this phenomenon is more shooter related than gun related, Being all wrapped up when it is cold must affect the way you shoot.

Cheers,

Roo

kangarooscope
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kangarooscope » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:57 am

Vikram wrote:Nice TX-200,Roo. Good to see you guys shooting even in the snow.

Used to have the same rifle in .22.

Best-
Vikram
Yes, some of us shoot at our club in all weathers, but when the weather turns poo, it's always the same ugly mugs that turn up :D

It may interest you to know that my TX200 .22 (photo 1) was an engagement present from my wife to be. She wanted a ring and I wanted a gun! Back in 1995 this cost around £170 less the scope, they now cost around £370. That's inflation for you.

Cheers

Roo

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:19 pm

It may interest you to know that my TX200 .22 (photo 1) was an engagement present from my wife to be. She wanted a ring and I wanted a gun! Back in 1995 this cost around £170 less the scope, they now cost around £370. That's inflation for you.

Need to discuss this with dear wife as anniversary is not too far... as long as she takes the hassle of finding an Air Arms here... ROTFL
Great photos Roo and lovely rifles. To me the Air Arms rifles are the best money can buy. My favourite is the Prosport though, the springer that could give centre fires a run for their money in the looks department :D

Cheers
TC

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:54 pm

TC wrote:

Need to discuss this with dear wife as anniversary is not too far... as long as she takes the hassle of finding an Air Arms here... ROTFL
Great photos Roo and lovely rifles. To me the Air Arms rifles are the best money can buy. My favourite is the Prosport though, the springer that could give centre fires a run for their money in the looks department :D :agree:

Cheers
TC
> Lucky You :D
> Great Pics - Tks for sharing :D
Briha

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Nice stuff.

I think you are missing a TX200HC in your collection. Are you into HFT ? Nice collection. I am craving for a TX200 for us too, but the Weihrauch underlevers will complain. :-)

M.
kangarooscope wrote: Yes, some of us shoot at our club in all weathers, but when the weather turns poo, it's always the same ugly mugs that turn up :D

Cheers

Roo
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:23 pm

Gorgeous Air Rifles Kangarooscope.

I wish the Air Arms TX200 and the Air Arms Pro Sport came with open sights. I love the way they shoot. Such outstanding air rifles, but saddled with the addition of a scope. The only reason I havent bought one as yet is because I wanted to shoot it at the 10 mt range. I actually toyed with the idea of using a peep sight on one, but sadly, I guess the Weihrauch will continue to be my preferred AR. But i am also sure that someday, the Air Arms will be mine :)
There is no downside to Freedom!