19th June 2013 Uttrakhand

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

19th June 2013 Uttrakhand

Post by Biren » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi,

This june 19, 2013 travelled by road from Pithoragrh (This district bordering nepal & china in the state of Uttrakhand). The route was via Almora, Ranikhet, Bhimtal, Haldwani, Rampur, Gajraula, Delhi.

While travelling by road keep checking with trafic cops and local taxi guys. Since at some places roads were swept by rains so took detour. Posting some of interesting pictures (Taken from cell).There is Kumaon Regimental Centre at Ranikhet, Gun Shop at Haldwani, Scorpio (National Rifle Association Of India, Shooter written) on road at 1800 mts from sea level, IOF 30.06 rounds. These 30.06 rounds are easy on IOF Rifle Magazine, shoot well.

Cheers
Biren

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: 19th June 2013 Uttrakhand

Post by Vikram » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:31 pm

Some very nice and some intriguing photos there, Biren. Do tell us more.Thank you.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Very interesting! Do write more..

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Is that the factory finish on the gun?
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:55 pm

Biren,
Please tell us more about your trip. It sounds like you had a good time.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi,

Thanks Vikram, Sumit.. XL for going through my post.. Pithoragarh is a small place on tourist map though its a big district in terms of area. One side it borders nepal and the other tibet.. Old mule route is though not used by ppl.. now... one can approach it either through tanakpur or nanital.. almora.. (Both Motorable)..it terms of valley area its second to kashmir..My grandma told my ansestors came on pilgrimaze to mansarover.. & the route is followed till date.

This time it was raining when we reached pithoragarh on 12th June.. it rained whole day & night for 6 days.. and then there were news about landslide.. roads vanishing.. then on 19th morning it seemed that sky cleared, so we started back to delhi on 19th 6 am remembering our gods (one needs to be humble while travelling in hiils).. will cut short the whole thing excpet it was nice to see a lone scorpio with NATIONAL RILE ASSOCIATION OF INDIA written... rain swept mountains.. greenery all around..and we reaching 1.30 night almost driving 19 odd hrs.. buts fun to pull one:)

Pithoragarh has lots and lots of places for masher fishing (i happens to own a 40 kg pull fishing rod:))... lots of lots of place to track... . to just sit and feel.

Shyman its a factory thing.. attaching close up for you..
Photo-0029.jpg
..This thing needs one using it puts something on ears. IOF 30.06 is a nice rifle (My state dealer allowed me to select among pieces as well was nice enough to put the price charged on bill)

My younger brother (a diehard shotgun chappie) after two shots was tugging my arms.. asking for shoot..then he went around telling everybody what a goddamm thing is RIFLE. IOF rounds are perfect fit and work well.. the patch after five shots (IOF) came clean..

Cheers
Biren
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Biren on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:39 am

Hello Biren,
Superb photographs and interesting narration. Please do keep it up and thanks for sharing.
Regards

INSAS556
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by INSAS556 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:52 am

:cpix:
Very lovely pics that you have posted. and the rifle u shown is good too.
loved the scenic pics of the valley.
Thanks a lot,
INSAS556
I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.
-- CHE GUEVARA.