wheel Gun

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
mashh1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

wheel Gun

Post by mashh1 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:21 pm

hi
my police positive special (can say bed room gun or night stand gun)
]ImageImage[/img]

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:15 pm

Nice looking gun Mash.I am partial to revolvers as well. Would you mind if I say that the pistol would look great with a bit of bluing?Anymore details you would like to share with us about it?Thanks.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:27 pm

Very ingenious light mount.

mashh1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: wheel Gun

Post by mashh1 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:31 am

hi vikram i inherited this gum from my father in this finish, so never thought about altering it. moreover i dont like the hot bluing treatment used for bluing guns in our part of world. this is a colt police positive special in 38 special chambering. barel is 5" long and grips are stag horn minus the pony medillion( i got the gun w/o it), according to serial # it was made in mid thirties. very accurate and best double action triger, actually its so good u just cant describe it and u actually feel this when u fire it along any other wheel gun. in past i had S&W K frame 357 a ruger sp100 then a rossi 357 magnum. best trigger of all. i love .22 magnum cartridge as an all around intermediate cartrige and after a long search i found a taurus revolver in calibre to accompany my adler .22 magnum but sold that revolver for horrible trigger and very poor lock up.
now Sharief u said right about the mount, it is a laser but i used same mount for fixing a light on my winchester defender. now u can got the logic of those two long bolts to adjust for the barrel of 12 gauge. after broking my wrist due to a free fall from SUZUKI GSXR, i abondon shot gun as night gun.
Hey any body here also in Sports Bikes ( 2nd love is roar of bike after the bang)
thanks

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:55 am

Hi,
The pic seems to be missing - can you please reload.
/S/
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:45 pm

Sharief,

If interested you could pick up a similar second hand light mount for a fiver off the Airgun BBS. Pretty common in the U.K. and you may find similar ones on some U.S. airgun retail websites.

Mashh1, since you are no longer using this clamp on the shotgun, why don't you shorten the length of the screw?

Mack The Knife

mashh1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by mashh1 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:19 pm

Mack The Knife i think rather than clipping off i will buy new smaller one.(its a very old habit as parts are not easily availble at my side of pond for guns).i have removed lanyard loop of this gun but is stickered and lying in some box in my store. i actually do not carry this gun , else they have gone previously. thanx for tip anyway
mashh

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:31 pm

In 95, i brought in a very expensive laser + mount with a thumb touch pad etc , which was a dream fit on a cz75
On my ppk/s here, the convexity of the triggerguard prevented a firm seating and required milling an area for good lock up of the mounting screw.sadly , gave it away to a friend who had a cz back in s.africa
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:45 pm

mashh1";p="23724 wrote:Mack The Knife i think rather than clipping off i will buy new smaller one.(its a very old habit as parts are not easily availble at my side of pond for guns).i have removed lanyard loop of this gun but is stickered and lying in some box in my store. i actually do not carry this gun , else they have gone previously. thanx for tip anyway
mashh
Hi Mashh,

You may not to be too chuffed with your arm laws but you chaps still have it better than us.

Yep, go for a pair of new machine screws (makes sense actually - just in case you have to use the clamp on the shotgun) but I have feeling you will need to trim those down as well.

You may not have carried this revolver on your person yet but being a bed-side firearm, you may just slip it into your kurta pocket (for whatever reason) only to find the screw/s snagging on the fabric if you have to withdraw it urgently (God forbid). Better to be prepared.

Mack The Knife

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:48 pm

Asif,

Lasers were definitely expensive in 1995 but today one can get some pretty economical trigger guard mounted lasers.

Mack The Knife

mashh1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by mashh1 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:02 pm

Mack The Knife you are absouletly right about the gun laws, if i have any grievnces that are gone since i start reading on this forum. actually i was talking about parts, they are not available readily and if something breakes u have to get it fabricated. I bought a pair of Allen screws and will fit them tonight. too horrible to think about that torn kurta. LOL
thanks
mashh

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:25 pm

Mashh,

Can't you import parts for a licenced firearm?
I bought a pair of Allen screws and will fit them tonight.
That was fast!
too horrible to think about that torn kurta. LOL
Imagine if that screw had snagged on the naara, then you would really be caught with your pants down. :mrgreen:

mashh1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by mashh1 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:44 pm

Mack The Knife
no its not possible to import w/o a imprt licence and thats, very long and resource taking project to get one for few parts. and i think cost will become so high that whole project become meaningless.
and if that screw cuts the narra, sir je, that potential threat will brust into laughters and situation can turn out to normal nad calm.
jokes aside, i think it is very tough on nerves when u get up from sleep to face a situation like this and u never tug ur gun in naara or pocket.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:35 pm

Rusty... Rusty .. Rusty.. got everything in his Pitara..... :D

Do you have only one mount like that? What torch is that?

Mashh.. Nice gun dude and nice one about pyjama dropping and threat laughing... :D

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:32 am

Rusty... Rusty .. Rusty.. got everything in his Pitara.....
LOL.

That's a Surefire E2O Outdoorsman. Now don't try and play copy cat and order one because if you need a small flashlight, I can recommend something better (in terms of output and runtime, though probably a tad behind in quality) for less than half to quarter the price.

At the moment I have just one but you can either pick one up from the Airgun BBS or have Lloyd send you one.

Mack The Knife