.45 Caliber Incident

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: .45 Caliber Incident

Post by xl_target » Tue May 06, 2014 8:52 pm

though it has a 1911 style safety I have accidentally pulled the trigger many times in the process of taking my gun out of the holster. Its just natural to hold down the palm safety when we handle the gun. Had there been a round in the chamber this exact incident would have happened. We need to understand that almost every one of us may have strong presence of mind when we carry a gun. Its just human to error.
If that is the case, Farook, you are doing something seriously wrong.
Pulling the trigger in the process of unholstering? You need to totally evaluate how you carry a handgun, otherwise you are just an accident waiting to happen.
YOU DO NOT PUT YOUR FINGER ON THE TRIGGER when handling a firearm, no matter how many Hollywood or Bollywood celebrities you have seen doing this.
If you are pulling the trigger when unholstering, you are a serious danger to yourself and to everyone around you. You should not be handling a firearm. you should be nowhere near a firearm.
You need to totally re-examine your gun handling knowledge and skills.

You didn't "accidentally" pull the trigger. You frickin' pulled the trigger. Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Let me reiterate something about those four rules.
You must live them; breathe them. They must be aware of them at all times, consciously or unconsciously.
if not you will end up killing or wounding either yourself or someone near and dear to you.

1. All guns are always loaded. Treat them as such.
2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941