Random Snaps of my Guns and Blades

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Random Snaps of my Guns and Blades

Post by captrakshitsharma » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:29 am

Cheers guys... Safarigent and Baljit had a hand to play in tricking out the shotgun ... We shared a good laugh thanks to safarigent. @TC dada it is a laserlyte laser site for J frames. The ML is a Lee Enfield smooth bore Triband musket belonged to my great grand dad still shoots true and straight.@ SS the handguns are broom handle C96 and S&W J frame snubby.
The Get together was celebrating Baljit's India visit giving us company with Dr.Prashant along with other usual suspects from NAGRI and IFG. @Baljit yes you were very generous Sir to grace us with your company and bring gifts for IFG members. @ Pran the Fairbairn Sykes is a neat knife and my favourite , nostalgia for a lot of us (commando comics) who grew up in the 80's. @ XL sure will post a close up with the stock and 100 plus year old leather holster /sheath for the stock soon.
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

For Advertising mail webmaster
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:58 am

Thanks Rakshit. The Enfield muzzle loader is the most beautiful piece and priceless too now that you told me its history

:cheers:
TC

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:32 am

TC da it is indeed priceless as a family heirloom . My father especially has a soft corner for this smokestick for this was what he was allowed his hands on as a teenager being the youngest in his family.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:30 pm

captrakshitsharma wrote:TC da it is indeed priceless as a family heirloom . My father especially has a soft corner for this smokestick for this was what he was allowed his hands on as a teenager being the youngest in his family.
Wonderful ... those were the days :D

TC

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Yes sir.. Those were the days when teenagers bagging partridges with MLs or .22s didn't raise eyebrows and unsettle people. In my childhood growing up in a small cantonment town ,me running around as a 7-8 yr old with an air rile and air pistol also didn't bother people. I can't imagine what hell may break loose if my 6 month old moves around the neighbourhood shooting squirrels, pigeons and crows by the time he turns 8-9.

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:32 pm

captrakshitsharma wrote:
image.jpg
image.jpg
Excellent collection of weapons Captain.

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:33 pm

captrakshitsharma wrote:...ML is a Lee Enfield smooth bore Triband musket...
No "Lee" in that one, Captain. Just an Enfield. Had one of the rifles, my first "big bore", used it for both ball and shot, and wish I still had it. Nice collection! Cheers.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:16 am

Fine collection Caprakshitsharma.what is that band on the guns?just inquisitive.
regards
dr.jk