game recipes?

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: game recipes?

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:09 pm

Per section rs. 5 only. :D :D
Regards

Shivaji

For Advertising mail webmaster
Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:10 pm

Opps.. due to some problem I am not able to attach the pics here..
Regards

Shivaji

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:41 am

A mouth-watering teaser nonetheless
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

Mr.Shome
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Mr.Shome » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:11 am

Folks, on a cheesy note, this thread has triggered the primiveal urge for gourmet delicacies, irrespective of my ability or inability to go out and hunt for meat... anyway, I will make do with Deshi Murgi cooked at home
Mil Sake Aasani Sey Uski Khwaish Kisko hai. Zid toh uski hai, jo muqaddar mein likha he nahin

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:01 am

Yeah. Due to the upcoming Makar sankranti/ sankrant. Here in Jharkhand Orissa and parts of Bengal locally more popular in tribal area is Tusu festival or Tusu parav. All sort of forest products which usually consumed in this festival is coming in market regularly. Honey. Dried Mahua. Kusum. Home made liquor etc are in market now. Ant larva and wasps are also on sale. I heard that venison is also available apart from some bird meat in some areas though I have not find any of these. Only pork lamb and mutton. I will try to send pics of some of the forest products usually consumed in these areas.
Regards

Shivaji

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

What is the hottest chilly you’ve eaten/ recommend?

Post by eljefe » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:42 pm

As above.
Seems to be apt for the recipes section
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

ofbiro
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ofbiro » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:08 am

Roe deer liver.
Yesterday I received the visit of a neighbour (a fellow hunter as well), offering me liver and kidneys of a roe deer he was complled to kill.
The poor deer (a yearling buck, to be accurate) was hit by a car on a secondary mountain road in our village. Someone noted the wounded buck and informed the hunters. The gamekeeper was'nt available, being busy in a distant place, so somebody asked my friend to dispatch the deer and stop its pains.

My wife cooked liver and kidneys in the simplest and easiest way:
- split the kidneys and wash them under the fawcett
- cut the kidneys in strips
- fry kidneys and liver with butter (ghee not available here) or oil if fear you colesterol

It is not the first time that we have fresh liver and kidneys (sometimes heart as well) as they are the first meal from the animals I shoot, but this time the taste was special.

ofbiro
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: game recipes? and censorship

Post by ofbiro » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:19 pm

It seems that all messages are put in quarantine for a couple of days before being published.
Question:
Is this precaution imposed by law or is it a policy decided by the gentlemen managing the site?

pgupta
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pgupta » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:26 pm

If you guys are really looking for a real game recipe then look no further than the authentic junglee maans. The story behind it is that when royalty used to go for hunting their entourage used to carry only 3 ingredients they were
1. Salt
2. Red rajasthani dried chillies. Mathenia
3. Ghee.

In the present time we replace game with mutton.

Use a heavy bottom degchi.

1 kg mutton fat removed.
100 grams of whole dried red chillies.
250 ml ghee
Salt to taste.

Put all the ingredients in a degchi add 50 ml water every 3-5 mins and stir and let it cook for at least 45 mins or till it is well done.

Trust me you won't believe that it doesn't have any other spices and the taste is subjective but in my house parties especially in winters its a very big hit.

Try once it's a very easy recipe and enjoy your meal just like those kings of yesterday.
Safety First, Aim Last, Freedom Always

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:51 pm

One more recipe I am posting here. Not very much known or popular. It's meat cooked with raw mango or roasted meat with Mango chutney.
First, Any sort of meat with basic ingredients for making a roast and here mostly wild mangos were used. Small in size and test highly sour. Make a rough paste mostly with skin and added only salt and dried or fresh chili. Use it as chutney or Dip with the roasted meat.

Secondly, making a grevy with raw mango, the raw mangos grind in a rough paste. Chicken or mutton need to be marinated. For chicken first take sufficient qty of ghee or Musterd oil, when the oil is ready put few cloves, Dalchini sticks, bay leaf Ginger garlic and onion paste, rough Mango paste 1 or 2 dried red chili. Fry for few min. And then add chicken. Fry for sometime, add water and salt to taste, cover with a lead and cook for 15 min. Mango chicken ready.

For mutton, mango paste needed to add after the mutton is half cooked and then it need to cook for 15/20 minutes more. If the mango paste added at first place then it will turned bitter in taste.
This is less popular as hectic to prepare and only can be prepared when raw mangos are available.

Mahua meat is also very popular in my area but again it can be prepared for a very short time. Without fresh mahua it will not reach to its best taste and mahua is available for a short time in whole year.
Regards

Shivaji

Devasheeshgarbyal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Devasheeshgarbyal » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:24 pm

tried making momos from meat its really good

LouisHowe
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by LouisHowe » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:53 am

Shivaji.Dasgupta wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:51 pm
One more recipe I am posting here. Not very much known or popular. It's meat cooked with raw mango or roasted meat with Mango chutney.
First, Any sort of meat with basic ingredients for making a roast and here mostly wild mangos were used. Small in size and test highly sour. Make a rough paste mostly with skin and added only salt and dried or fresh chili. Use it as chutney or Dip with the roasted meat.

Secondly, making a grevy with raw mango, the raw mangos grind in a rough paste. Chicken or mutton need to be marinated. For chicken first take sufficient qty of ghee or Musterd oil, when the oil is ready put few cloves, Dalchini sticks, bay leaf Ginger garlic and onion paste, rough Mango paste 1 or 2 dried red chili. Fry for few min. And then add chicken. Fry for sometime, add water and salt to taste, cover with a lead and cook for 15 min. Mango chicken ready.

For mutton, mango paste needed to add after the mutton is half cooked and then it need to cook for 15/20 minutes more. If the mango paste added at first place then it will turned bitter in taste.
This is less popular as hectic to prepare and only can be prepared when raw mangos are available.

Mahua meat is also very popular in my area but again it can be prepared for a very short time. Without fresh mahua it will not reach to its best taste and mahua is available for a short time in whole year.
I think this is the next recipe we will do with the guys the next time we go hunting