Tiger-Killer Sansar Chand Meets His End

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:37 pm

http://www.sanctuaryasia.com/conservati ... ts-his-end

Sansar Chand, arguably the most lethal poacher of tigers India has ever seen, died on March 18, 2014, in Alwar's SMS hospital as a result of complications from lung cancer and other sundry ailments.

He was 60-years-old and was credited with wiping out all of Sariska's tigers. He had been transferred to the Alwar hospital from the Tihar jail hospital to enable him to attend a court hearing.

[ Image ]

One individual that doggedly pursued Sansar Chand to bring him to justice, was veteran conservationist Ashok Kumar, of the Wildlife Trust of India.

In an interview with Sanctuary Magazine Editor, Bittu Sahgal, Ashok Kumar was asked: "Did Sansar Chand or Ratiram Sharma ever threaten you?" And this was his reply: "The threat perception is always there, but not necessarily overtly. After all I used to work undercover for many years, until it became obvious to me that only young people really buy skins these days, so I shifted gears to train youngsters to do the job. It’s the nature of the job to work under threat and suitable precautions are taken. Once in court for a Sansar Chand case, in earshot of me he said to a wildlife official that “Maine to uspar (pointing to me) supari lagayi hai.” (I have put a contract on his head)… and in jest I replied, “uspar to maine bhi supari lagayi hai” (I, too, have placed a contract on his head!)."
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Tiger-Killer Sansar Chand Meets His End

Post by shooter » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:05 am

Usually a death is a sad event but I say in this case:

good riddance to bad rubbish.
Couldnt have come sooner.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:27 am

shooter wrote:Usually a death is a sad event but I say in this case:

good riddance to bad rubbish.
Couldnt have come sooner.
X 1,000,000
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

caracass77
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by caracass77 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:42 am

I hope he is transferred to Tiger heaven. Where they merrily feed on him, preferably every few hours. Until he is transferred to much lesser heavens. Like ant-heaven. Yay.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:47 am

Vikram wrote:
shooter wrote: Usually a death is a sad event but I say in this case:
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Couldn't have come sooner.
:agree:
Briha

Lanceman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lanceman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:05 pm

Well Sansar Chand met his desserts, just or not, it could be divine retribution. However we all tend to miss an important point in that there were so many people colluding with Sansar Chand to make him successful. For the years that Sansar decimated tigers in Sariska, forest officials continued to show tiger populations, even when there were none! What has happened to them? There were others too, middlemen, buyers, what happened to them?
Till we address such low level questions, poaching is going to continue.
It is better to die on one's feet than live on one's knees.

BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by BowMan » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:10 pm

We live in a civilized world else his bones should have been turned into balm...