My Ladakh trip(pics heavy)

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

My Ladakh trip(pics heavy)

Post by Kittu » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:55 am

Most important thing is which can bring you back from rough terrain safely.it will be criminal act if you dont mention about it
here is my scorpio at zojila top

mods can you make photo visible its showing as attachment
thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kittu on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: My ladakh trip

Post by ckkalyan » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:07 am

Uploading Pictures / Images
mundaire wrote:See pages 1 & 2 of http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5211
HTH Cheers! Abhijeet
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:11 am

Ashok,

Looks like we have quite a few Scorpio fans here, me being one of them too. To upload pics, you need to first upload them to flickr,photobucket etc and then copy the links here.

Cheers,
SS

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:56 pm

ADS,
I prefer the Safari, it is a heavy car and can navigate the terrain better, I feel.I own two of them one is a two wheel drive and the other one is a four wheel version and am happy with the performance.

Atul.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:56 am

AgentDoubleS wrote:Ashok,

Looks like we have quite a few Scorpio fans here, me being one of them too. To upload pics, you need to first upload them to flickr,photobucket etc and then copy the links here.

Cheers,
SS
i have accounts on both flickr and photobucket but none is displaying images here. :deadhorse:
i will post my TL and attach link to all images
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:35 am

Ashok,
Keep posting.
That is a beautiful panorama!

Tell us some of the conditions that you encountered on your trip.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Rrahulkumar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rrahulkumar » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:22 am

Nice pics Ashok..

Now I'm tempted to post pics from my last trip to Ladakh [emoji14]

Cheers..!
RK

herb
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by herb » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:10 pm

Love the look of the scorpio, thanks for pics. Herb

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:12 pm

Its so nice to that our friends are traveling and enjoying.the last picture of himalayas is truly awesome'
regards
dr.jk
rahul please share your pictures.

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:57 pm

Thank you
XL sir,Rahul,Herb and doc sahab

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:10 pm

Ladakh was in my mind for long time but every when i planned it failed.
So this time i lucky i got three companions who agreed to join me.My cousin
and two friends.After a quick search i came to know jammu leh highway is better compared to manali leh highway.I have to cross only three passes and jammu leh highway is at much lower in altitudes so we had lower chances of hitting by ams.Our plan was to reach srinagar as soon as possible and cross zojila and reach leh on third days.we left for ladakh on 16th june at 11am.We drove trough plains of punjab quiet quickly.we stopped at dacthlon ludhiana where i purchased a three layer jacket and and few other thing had our lunch and left for jammu.We reached jammu at midnight and every thing was closed so we kept driving luckyly on th road a dhaba was open where we ate dinner at 2 o clock.from udhampur ascend was quite steep and corner were sharp.In morning we reached bahihal a town on highway here we got two room booked in j&k tourism hotel.I asked waiter for a bottle of whisky but he told me that we dont have any whine shop only getting of liqer is in srinagar luckyly i had a bottle off teachers in my bag.We took some pegs,had some food and went to sleep.we stayed there for that night also and left early next day for srinagar and reached there around 10 am in morning
here are some images.
thanks

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:20 pm

here are some more images
As we drove near to srinagar i saw lots of jawans on foot patrolling with metal detector on highway and this is there daily routine work.
Every morning they check highway for IED or mines :shock: .At every 200 meters i could see same thing most of jawans were carrying insas very few with AKs.
Army armoured vehicle were also patrolling with mounted LMG on them.As we entered srinagar there was much more security.Where ever there space was available i saw army armoured vehicle positioned there.Not only at public place army man were present on rooftop of every hotel building :shock: .when we reached srinagar i came to know it first day of holy ramjan month so all wine shop were also close for month :( .I also came to know three days strike was called by some poltikal group against the killing of three men by army.so mostly shops were closed luckily restaurants were open we had our meal took shikara ride and headed our way to sonmarg
coming up sonmarg images
thanks
Last edited by Kittu on Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:59 am

Great thread! Thanks for sharing. Did you take any particular medicines as precaution for AMS?

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:54 am

AgentDoubleS wrote:Great thread! Thanks for sharing. Did you take any particular medicines as precaution for AMS?
we carried medicine for ams but we didnt took it.actually one of my friend was hit by ams.i will reveal every thing just keep following thread.
this is just trailer picture abhi baki hai mere bhai

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:48 pm

Here are some images of sonmarg.Its beautiful place