Pictures of a Trek to the Valley of Flowers and Hemkund

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Pictures of a Trek to the Valley of Flowers and Hemkund

Post by airgun_novice » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:10 am

Delightful ... and greatly delighted. (y) BTW Happy New Bawa Year. :-) - regs, A.

For Advertising mail webmaster
ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Here is the link to the blog that Lanceman mentions Fashionate Trekker
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Lanceman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lanceman » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:31 pm

XL, a year ago I stumbled upon a Fuji XE-1 camera with three lens, one a 18-55, a 60mm prime with macro and another a 50-230. I haven't looked back since. The camera is a APS-C sensor and takes stunning pics. I use Photoshop Elements to crop only. I am extremely happy with this camera, so happy in fact that I have bought an additional second hand body so that I don't have to change lens in the field. The camera is light enough to trek with.
Than
Thanks CK. and Kshitij, yes I was in the thick of the action for almost two years.
It is better to die on one's feet than live on one's knees.