New Wildlife trade rules confusion

Got some old "Shikaar" tales to share? Found a great new spot to Fish? Any interesting camping experiences? Discussion of Back-packing, Bicycling, Boating, National Parks, Wildlife, Outdoor Cooking & Recipes etc.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: There is currently a complete ban on Hunting/ Shikar in India. IFG DOES NOT ALLOW any posts of an illegal nature, and anyone making such posts will face immediate disciplinary measures.
HasnainQureshi21
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

New Wildlife trade rules confusion

Post by HasnainQureshi21 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:22 pm

does any one has more info on new wildlife trade rules. I came across the hindustan times.

I saw "after 40 years, centre revises rules on wildlife trade". I was shocked to see this.

I started reading and became more confuse. Here is what i understood

Old rules from 1983 prohibited of issuing licenses to trade in wild animal under schedule 1 and part 2 of schedule 2

Now it says "No such licences shall be granted if it relates to any wild animals specified in the Schedule I to the Act, except with previous consultation of the central government.”

The authorized officials will be able to grant licenses.

My question is schedule 2 includes animal like eagle, hawk, falcon and owl.

Can we as a civilian get permit and pratice the sport of kings which became extinct in india after 1972 Wildlife Protection Act