Crossman revolver is it worth the buck

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Mihir
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Crossman revolver is it worth the buck

Post by Mihir » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:46 pm

I have found a brand new Crossman pistol for sale in Pune for 20000 . It fires bbs as well as .177 pellets. Has a 6 rounds.

Fires bbs at 350 fps. I am thinking of buying it. Is it worth it ? Thoughts appreciated.

For Advertising mail webmaster
L0neW0lf
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Crossman revolver is it worth the buck

Post by L0neW0lf » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:31 pm

A crossman is a backyard shooting toy gun which has no actual stopping power! Which comes from a large bore say 9mm bullets at least to stop a 75 kg target moving towards you. Otherwise you will make your target even more mad for shooting him and he is gonna come for your life straight away ...!!

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:55 pm

Name ? How old - first hand or pre-owned ? Condition ? And how much you desire it ? Almost invariably the last element would decide .
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

Mihir
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Mihir » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:25 pm

L0neW0lf wrote:A crossman is a backyard shooting toy gun which has no actual stopping power! Which comes from a large bore say 9mm bullets at least to stop a 75 kg target moving towards you. Otherwise you will make your target even more mad for shooting him and he is gonna come for your life straight away ...!!
I am not considering it for any stopping power. I am gonna practise target shooting and some vermin (legal) shooting with it.

Mihir
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Mihir » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:27 pm

Woods wrote:Name ? How old - first hand or pre-owned ? Condition ? And how much you desire it ? Almost invariably the last element would decide .
brand new. I liked the feel of it. It fits my budget. Looks good as a target practice piece.

Woods
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Woods » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:56 am

It might be Vigilante or short barrel revolver or Peacemaker (silver finish). They all are around 100dollar guns . If you order online you pay postage and wait for a while . Plus hassles of going to and fro to customs etc . But this way you can order some more stuff like quality bbs too . Gun aspirants are a miniscule community and certainly our problems are not deemed to be of 'emergency' nature so things are not gonna change very soon . Government already too busy . So basically your choice has to be either of serpent or snake . You throw money needlessly . :stupid:
Great men are not born great , they grow great .

Mihir
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Mihir » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:38 am

The gun is already in Pune. Maharashtra. So no issues of customs and other stuff.

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:39 am

Mihir wrote: I am not considering it for any stopping power. I am gonna practise target shooting and some vermin (legal) shooting with it.
I suppose you refer to the Colt pistols produced by crossman. Well, they are not accurate at all for target practice (1-inch group at 5 meters) & lack the power to even kill a mouse(vermin) unless you press the barrel against its head. Its sights are not adjustable. And it runs on CO2, the 12 gram cartridges of which are again difficult to find.
The purpose of such airguns is to own a realistic copy of one of the most iconic handguns of all times. These are described as "action airguns" , not meant for the serious work you intend to do with it.
"Aim small, miss small."

Mihir
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Mihir » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:31 am

sam 47 wrote:
Mihir wrote: I am not considering it for any stopping power. I am gonna practise target shooting and some vermin (legal) shooting with it.
I suppose you refer to the Colt pistols produced by crossman. Well, they are not accurate at all for target practice (1-inch group at 5 meters) & lack the power to even kill a mouse(vermin) unless you press the barrel against its head. Its sights are not adjustable. And it runs on CO2, the 12 gram cartridges of which are again difficult to find.
The purpose of such airguns is to own a realistic copy of one of the most iconic handguns of all times. These are described as "action airguns" , not meant for the serious work you intend to do with it.
thanks for the feedback. This is exactly what I needed.