Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
rogerstar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Airgun import experiences - via post/ courier route

Post by rogerstar » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:51 am

riahmoso wrote:is there any change in import policy for air guns i have recently import an air pistol from P.A. it is now at Hyderabad airport cargo and courier terminal and man in white are asking a letter from NRIA to release it.if anybody has any thing please shier it.
thanks
I got a Air Pistol from US and the Gun was detained by Hyderabad customs passenger terminal unit, had to go thru the procedure of having it inspected by the Arms Inspection Authority( read AIA) of AP Police and pay a duty of 100 % before being released. All this not before running around and having to push at every level, it took more than 3 weeks and being a member of RAAP.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sandeepyadavggn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sandeepyadavggn » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:32 pm

I think NRAI letter required only for firearms not for airguns. Was full details of air pistol mentioned on invoice including its calibre.

prasaravanapra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by prasaravanapra » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:43 pm

I am indian citizien from coimbatore , residing in USA, I am planning to ship a Diana RWS 34 Breakbarrel Rifle, T06 Trigger through pyramyde air company of USA through their USPS/FED EX shipment service.

Since I am not a member of any Rifle clubs in India, Does it creates any problem on receiving the shipment from USA to india (coimbatore) , without any customs issue or related official issue?.

I am eagerly waiting for your reply , depends on your answer I may plan for my order
THANKS
PRA

harsh94
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by harsh94 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi Everybody,

can a member of shooting club import a .177
Diana RWS 350 Magnum (1250 PFS) air rifle? If yes, for custom clearance, what are to be written on NRIA letter head. If any one has the format do send it to me please.

Thanking with/ Harshbardhan Singh

sandeepyadavggn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sandeepyadavggn » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:58 am

I think that if anyone is a member of rifle club/association duly affiliated by NRAI , he/she can import 0.177 calibre airgun. He has to produce a letter of his rifle association stating that the airgun will be used by the member for his own practice under that club. It is mandatory.

A letter from NRAI is required by NRAI member while importing 0.177 air gun.
A letter from NRAI is required by member of NRAI/Other clubs/associations while importing 0.177 firearm (firearm is other than airgun). Teakwood test may be conducted by custom guys. Highend guns may failed in teakwood test!!! Just google teak wood test.

Any suggestion from other brothers/senior members of IFG/NRAI/Club Associations ?
Last edited by sandeepyadavggn on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

sandeepyadavggn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sandeepyadavggn » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:03 am

prasaravanapra wrote:I am indian citizien from coimbatore , residing in USA, I am planning to ship a Diana RWS 34 Breakbarrel Rifle, T06 Trigger through pyramyde air company of USA through their USPS/FED EX shipment service.

Since I am not a member of any Rifle clubs in India, Does it creates any problem on receiving the shipment from USA to india (coimbatore) , without any customs issue or related official issue?.

I am eagerly waiting for your reply , depends on your answer I may plan for my order
THANKS
PRA
The consignee at India ,to whom name u r shipping airgun through PA, will required to produce his club/rifle association membership card/letter to custom guys .Otherwise , airgun will be retained by custom wing.

sandeepyadavggn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sandeepyadavggn » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:10 pm

harsh94 wrote:Hi Everybody,

can a member of shooting club import a .177
Diana RWS 350 Magnum (1250 PFS) air rifle? If yes, for custom clearance, what are to be written on NRIA letter head. If any one has the format do send it to me please.

Thanking with/ Harshbardhan Singh
A member of shooting club/Rifle Association duly affiliated by NRAI can import 0.177 airgun.
A letter from your club can serve the purpose indicating that you are a bona-fide member of club & airgun is required for shooting practice to appear in competitions of club.It is a standard language probably known by the Gen-Secy of your club ,who will sign the letter.

To import firearm of 0.177 , you should be renowned shooter & a letter from NRAI is required.

namcmd
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by namcmd » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Successfully imported Weihrauch HW50S from Pyramyd Air

See Tracking Details.
Last edited by namcmd on Mon May 28, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing but Complicated!

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:43 pm

congrats ! first time i am seeing the fedex cargo clearing in bangalore most of time it will go delhi for clearing

sowmiyamoorthy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sowmiyamoorthy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Dear Sankar
South side here after port of entry is Bangalore recently i spoke to FedEx they have started operating new route from June its transit through Dubai.

Sowmi
"Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter"

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:58 pm

that a good news....great to hear that....
Thanks

GANESH TT

ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ebenezer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:50 pm

My Crosman 1377C is now at Bangalore airport. I have sent all the required documents to Fedex (Rifle Club ID, Bonafide letter, DGFT notification copy, Paypal receipt and commercial invoice). Fedex representative says police NOC might be required. Did they ask one from you namcmd? If so, what's the format and should I get it from the police in Bangalore or Chennai?

Ebenezer

tiwariarrun
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by tiwariarrun » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Dear Ebenezer,

No police NOC required to get an airgun cleared if you have already submitted club membership documents.

Thanks,
AT.
Last edited by tiwariarrun on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ebenezer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:19 pm

Dear Tiwari Arun,

Thanks for the reply. My previous import earlier this year was cleared at the New Delhi airport, where I did not have any such hassles. This time around, Fedex has reorganised its shipment clearance and for all Southern cities, Bangalore has been made the port of entry and some customs officials in Bangalore insist on police NoC. This is what the Fedex guys claim. Is there any other airgun import related notification apart from the DGFT one that I have to submit? The air pistol arrived there on September 1 and is still pending clearance. It is really frustrating. :(

Ebenezer

tiwariarrun
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by tiwariarrun » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Please ask for stipulation- you can tell them about your previous imports.
Last edited by tiwariarrun on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.