Buying my first air gun - ISW, DAW, Hunter or IHP

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
KALAIVANAN
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Buying my first air gun - ISW, DAW, Hunter or IHP

Post by KALAIVANAN » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:36 pm

Peace Lover wrote:Thanks ramtiger - it was on your advice that I went ahead and purchased a 0.177 cal gun for target shooting.

Thanks KALAIVANAN and essdee1972 for your tips. I'll keep them in mind. I'll not be re-using pellets.
WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY OF AIRGUN LOVERS, HAVE A NICE SHOOTING EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR NEW AIRGUN. CONGRATS......KALAIVANAN.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Peace Lover
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Target practice with my IHP35 - a tree leaf at 10m

Post by Peace Lover » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 am

Guys I had been out for a while now. First it was viral fever and then I had to go out of station, so couldn't target practice. Post the fever, I was weak even to cock my IHP35. Now I'm fine and want to share my experiences today with target practice.

I fired 17 Mastershot flathead pellets (0.177) at a tree leaf around 10m away from my balcony from a standing position. Three pellets missed, the rest you can see for yourself in the photograph below. Sorry for the picture quality, I had to zoom a lot and digital zoom is not sharp.

What are your comments about the grouping?

What are your suggestions on keeping the rifle barrel steady from a standing position?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peace Lover
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Target practice with my IHP35 - a tree leaf at 10m

Post by Peace Lover » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:10 am

Well I found a few tips for keeping the barrel steady at Yahoo answers.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 834AAtnFBu

One answer which I liked was:

"We all wobble a little.What you need is good trigger control. As you are on the target gently squeeze the trigger. As you move off the target maintain the pressure,no more no less. As you come back on target start squeezing again. If you move off stop squeezing but maintain the pressure. Sooner or later when you are lined up with the target BANG. Try it. I wobble more than many but with a practiced trigger I can out shoot many people."

In a nutshell, to steady your shot:

Breathe
Relax
Aim
Sight
Squeeze

Peace Lover
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

My 3~7x20 rifle scope

Post by Peace Lover » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:58 pm

My rifle scope finally arrives. Its a 3~7x 20 zoomable scope for 22mm rails. Clarity is great and the crosshairs appear sharp.

I'm now thinking of ways to fit it to my IHP 35 that has neither rails nor grooves to fit rails.

IMG_1427.jpg
IMG_1431.jpg
IMG_1430.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

u_vaste
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: My 3~7x20 rifle scope

Post by u_vaste » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:19 pm

[quote="Peace Lover"]My rifle scope finally arrives. Its a 3~7x 20 zoomable scope for 22mm rails. Clarity is great and the crosshairs appear sharp.

I'm now thinking of ways to fit it to my IHP 35 that has neither rails nor grooves to fit rails.

where you got it from Dealextrem or ebay. same scope costs around Rs1600/- locally. not very good but does well to begin with at low cost.
http://target-tune.in/international/pro ... mount.html this will be helpful , I had same scope and used this rail on my IHP35.

Uv

harshvardhan
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshvardhan » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:31 pm

Nice Scope,
How did you mount it..

Peace Lover
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Peace Lover » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:00 pm

u_vaste wrote: where you got it from Dealextrem or ebay. same scope costs around Rs1600/- locally. not very good but does well to begin with at low cost.
http://target-tune.in/international/pro ... mount.html this will be helpful , I had same scope and used this rail on my IHP35.

Uv
Thanks for the link u_vaste.

I got it from DealExtreme for about Rs 700, here's the link: http://dx.com/p/3-7x20mm-rf3-rifle-scope-8183

Peace Lover
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Peace Lover » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:01 pm

harshvardhan wrote:Nice Scope,
How did you mount it..

Haven't mounted it. Still looking for ways...I'll probably have to buy a 22mm rail for it.

u_vaste
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by u_vaste » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:52 am

Peace Lover wrote:
harshvardhan wrote:Nice Scope,
How did you mount it..

Haven't mounted it. Still looking for ways...I'll probably have to buy a 22mm rail for it.
you should have gone for 20mm rail as well from DX as well http://dx.com/p/gun-rail-mount-13mm-584 ... 183&u=5847 and you can use the following procedure
http://targettune.wordpress.com/2012/04 ... cope-rail/ , I have used same procedure when I brought 11mm rail from TTI.

Uv

Peace Lover
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Peace Lover » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:20 am

u_vaste wrote: you should have gone for 20mm rail as well from DX as well ...
Uv
Nope it won't fit on 22mm, as I thought earlier. I have already ordered an 11mm from DX.

u_vaste
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by u_vaste » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:35 am

Peace Lover wrote:
u_vaste wrote: you should have gone for 20mm rail as well from DX as well ...
Uv
Nope it won't fit on 22mm, as I thought earlier. I have already ordered an 11mm from DX.
yes, customer feed back says 11mm rail , but no details are given by seller. similar thing happened with me when I ordered laser gun mount it was 22mm I was expecting 11mm and seller had not given such details.

Uv

Peace Lover
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Pellets Dispenser for your hand

Post by Peace Lover » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:32 am

I was browsing the internet the other day and came across a pellets dispenser for hand in the GSmith web site: http://www.gsmithco.com/accessories1.htm

I thought, why not we make this at home using some sort of used plastic container. The best bet was the container of Tic Tac Candy Lozenges. Available for Rs.10/- the lozenges are good too. You can make the opening smaller with a little modification. Holds about 200 0.177 pellets. It is easier to use than a round pellet container with a screw type lid.
IMG_1433.JPG
IMG_1435.JPG

supershaji
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by supershaji » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Peace Lover wrote:My rifle scope finally arrives. Its a 3~7x 20 zoomable scope for 22mm rails. Clarity is great and the crosshairs appear sharp.

IMG_1427.jpg
IMG_1431.jpg
IMG_1430.jpg

Well then, did you finally manage to mount this scope my friend?
chitty-vitty, bang-shang

dirtdiver
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dirtdiver » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:56 am

U got it from deal extreme. ? U didn't have any issues with customs. ?

kiran Ambhore
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kiran Ambhore » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:53 am

Peace Lover wrote:Hello Everybody,

This is my first post to the forum. I have been very passionate about guns & target shooting from my childhood but have never owned a gun as such, except plastic or toy guns. I want to own a gun now that I'm self-sufficient and can set aside a little time to pursue my hobby.

I'm currently residing in Delhi and after reading thru the various posts in this forum I zeroed in on a few dealers in Chandni Chowk and and Kashmere Gate areas. Yesterday, being a Sunday I found all the dealers in Kashmere Gate closed (I knew this arlier,but wanted to take a chance). Coming to Chandni Chowk, I was easily able to locate a shop called Pt. Narsingh Dass & Sons near the Gurudwara. The owner, a very soft-spoken gentle old man, showed me the following brands which he had amongst air guns:

1. ISW Air Gun - 0.22 cal / Max Range 60m / Accurate Range 24m - Prices Rs 3500/-, 3800/-

2. DAW Air Gun - 0.22 cal / Max Range 70m - 80m - Prices Rs 3200/-, 3500/-, 4500, 4700, 5000 (0.177 cal)

3. Hunter Air Gun - 0.22 cal / Max Range 60 - 70m - Price Rs. 3500

4. Diana (Indian make) - 0.22 / Max range 80m / Price 6000/-

All the above brands are from Kolkata, he said. According to him, the best one for target practice would be the ISW, of which he as around 6 pcs in stock and I'd be able to choose one to my liking.

I asked him about IHP 35 and he said it is out of production. My question is what are your opinions on the above brands? Are these trustworthy OR have you even heard of these? Only ISW is providing a 6 months warranty on a card that also mentions its specs. DAW is heavier but the trigger is not smooth. ISW has a really smooth trigger. I believe elsewhere in this forum, someone recommends 0.177 as the choice for target shooting. But in this shop I found the 0.177 guns to be comparatively expensive - Rs 5000 and above. Can you also recommend that for a first gun, should I go for one of the above brands or buy an IHP?

Thank you in advance.
Sir,
I am willing to buy ISW .22 cal mod 35. Previousy i owned both
Mod 35 and 50. Online this brand is not available.I searched a lot. Can you please help me?
I am a big lover of this brand.. pls help..