IR setup

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

IR setup

Post by moulindu » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi
I have been tinkering with the idea of making a cheap IR setup. Seems doable. Is there any prohibition or restriction in preparing a setup of this sort? :oops: Members please enlighten me.
Regards Moulindu

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: IR setup

Post by brihacharan » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:29 pm

moulindu wrote:Hi
I have been tinkering with the idea of making a cheap IR setup. Seems doable. Is there any prohibition or restriction in preparing a setup of this sort? :oops: Members please enlighten me.
Regards Moulindu
:stupid:
> Please do tell us, about what do you plan to accomplish, through this set-up?
> Is it to track the trajectory / flight of the pellet or something else?
> Sounds interesting though :D
Briha

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:44 pm

What is an IR set up? I am guessing that it has nothing to do with Indian railways?

shooter.177cal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooter.177cal » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:16 pm

How much do you want from your IR system??

I have used IR's few years back but they had range of about 60 cm (range could be changed between 5 cm and 60 cm using potentiometer) and were used for robotic purposes.

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:54 pm

moulindu wrote:Please do tell us, about what do you plan to accomplish, through this set-up?
> Sounds interesting though
Briha
Well i guess i started the thread on the wrong foot.
Brihaji the IR setup iam talking bout is obviously meant for shooting aid at night. As we know Infrared wave is higher than the wavelength of red (VIBGYOR), red being the color with longest wavelength in the visible spectrum. So if we can put a lens that can detect IR light & transmit it to visual display, than the light will not be visible to human eye or vermins but will be visible on the screen attached to the IR lens.
One can also use digicam, handycam but will have to remove the IR filter. It is evident if one tries to see the lights attached to the remote with those device & u can see the light blinking in the remote, which is invisible to naked eye.
Regards Moulindu

u_vaste
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by u_vaste » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:32 pm

HI Moulindu,

I had similar Ideal using IR for Night time shooting, But since my IHP has drastic power down and scope rail ripped off in rainy season. since then I could hardly used it and could not enjoy much shooting, till I get it work properly. I tried to get IHP tune kit but TTI stopped all orders and refunded also there no reply here on forum about alternative solution.... anyway my Idea was as follows

Use rifle scope with IR laser attached which focus towards target. something like below..
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Focusabl ... 52361.html

Then use camera with display which can see IR light through scope (see as below) , most of mobile phone cameras do. but using mobile would be much damaging to pocket.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sale ... 19961.html

both Item cost less than 1000/- at list when I got one of them them , you could your creativity over it to get this working and we do not know how long that camera will work on springer though.

Regards
Uv

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:51 pm

Hi U_vaste
Brilliant idea mate,i was thinking on the same track. Its always great to find like minded people.Instead of a camera I am thinking of using the lens of the CCTV camera of 6mm may be for starter which enables IR viewing & instead of IR laser designator an IR flash light. For viewing a 2.5 to 3.5inch lcd monitor will be sufficient. The IRs of the CCTV camera can be used as flash light, but it cant be attached to the unit. So a LED torch can be used if the white LEDs are replaced with IR LEDs. What is the battery that you have used in your system. The main problem I am facing is the availability of the parts. I guess I will be devoting my time once the election procedure is over.
So are you suggesting that materials can be ordered via Aliexpress without hassle?
regards Moulindu

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:33 am

Moulindu, where are you based? In any decently-sized city, you will have a market (or two) exclusively devoted to electronics. In Mumbai, it's Lamington Road, in Kolkata, it's Chandni Chowk (or Chandni something). Your town should also have one. Might need to do a bit of footslogging to get the parts. Sometimes, the guys manning the shops are quite knowledgeable about the subject and might give out a tip or two.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:43 am

moulindu wrote:
moulindu wrote:Please do tell us, about what do you plan to accomplish, through this set-up?
> Sounds interesting though
Briha
Well i guess i started the thread on the wrong foot.
Brihaji the IR setup iam talking bout is obviously meant for shooting aid at night. As we know Infrared wave is higher than the wavelength of red (VIBGYOR), red being the color with longest wavelength in the visible spectrum. So if we can put a lens that can detect IR light & transmit it to visual display, than the light will not be visible to human eye or vermins but will be visible on the screen attached to the IR lens.
One can also use digicam, handycam but will have to remove the IR filter. It is evident if one tries to see the lights attached to the remote with those device & u can see the light blinking in the remote, which is invisible to naked eye.
Regards Moulindu
Hi molindu,
> So my guess was right :D Thanks for the explanation!
> Infra-red tracking of targets...
> U_vaste ...good innovation!
Briha

u_vaste
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by u_vaste » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:32 pm

HI Moulindu,

IR LEDs are not sufficient(unless they are much powerful and focused) if you are looking for 10mtrs or more for shooting. with IR laser you will get sharp beam which can be spread across 1 ft to 2 ft on target ( this i have not tested just my judgement) this particular laser is focus-able and you can control its intensity by external component such as resister. normal 1.5v x 2 small battery should be sufficient for this. I think whole thing can be assembled in small torch.

I bought that DVR from aliexpress for 12 $ (dollar rate was in fifties then) buying from that site is no problem. I have been buying may things from there (of course things that customs allows), I find things are much cheaper that local market. since most of Items shipped free.
these components can be also available in local market if you know where get them in locally.

Uv

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:05 am

Hi
Esdee Da I am from Tripura & though we have one electronic market here , but the availability of these parts is doubtful. The camera I am thinking is of aperture dia of 12mm or 6mm will be sufficient. The main problem with the camera is that if the camera of smaller dia is placed at the eye relief of the scope then the field view will be less, so min. 6 mm is a must. And mostly available cameras are of 2.5 mm or 3mm. Secondly the battery pack should be 12v with high Ampere Hour rating, the higher the ampere hour rating the more will be the usable time, I have found mostly 1800mAH to 2500mAH.

U_Vaste I guess Aliexpress is the suitable vendor for me. A car rear camera system with lcd screen will solve the purpose(locally available).I have checked their site & most of the items are available there, so it will be convenient to get it from one place. And rest of the wiring & RCA jacks can be procured from Agartala locally.
regards Moulindu

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:45 am

moulindu wrote:Hi
I have been tinkering with the idea of ..
With a bit of funds thrown in, this can be a very interesting project. This thread might give you some ideas.

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19984
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:04 pm

hi
today ihave been to the local electronics market & scouted for the supplies for around 2 hrs, to my suprise they donot have lcd/tft screen less than 7". Had an arguement with the vendor suggesting that there are no tft/lcd screen less than size of 7". Could not find the Li-Po 12v 6800mAH battery as well.Found the cctv IR camera for either 2.8mm or 3.6mm dia, but will have to take the camera out of the housing. running out of options now. Any help from members?
regards Moulindu

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:39 pm

The car rear view screen idea seems to be good. But these will be available in car parts shops rather than electronics stores. Else ebay to the rescue!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

pratik_mahale
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pratik_mahale » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:14 am

moulindu contect
NDS Components
08,Ground Flor,Gandhi BhuvanCHS Ltd
Chunam Lane, Lamington Road,
Mumbai-400007
Tel: 23820822,23877899,33156101
Email : [email protected]