Should we import any scope for air rifle ?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Should we import any scope for air rifle ?

Post by Big Daddy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:57 pm

broadway wrote: I'll test it when it arrives and if i feel the internals "wobbly", will use fevi quick to hold them in place permanently.
When the internals get wobbly, it is referred to as a "busted scope". That's the funeral of the scope. Fixes thereafter are temporary.
Sorry, not discouraging you, but that's a fact.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

For Advertising mail webmaster
broadway
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by broadway » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Scope arrived yesterday.

The polybag came open with the end tied with hair rubber. Postman said that he didn't open it and that it came to them that way. Customs probably opened it. Nothing was stolen. No duty charged. Order was placed on 7th aug. Rec on 7th sep. About 30 days.

Quality is very low; but worth the paid 320rs only. Image is blurry until you look steady for 2 seconds and your eyes adjust giving some sharpness. Colors are badly distorted due to extreme chromatic aberration. Edges are blurred with focus limited to center. Able to sight till 30 mtrs. There is no focus ring. Light transfer is minimal. After 6pm, it will look mostly dark.

Build quality is okay. Everything is hard glued expect the crosshair which I doubt will hold more than 200 shots. Something tells me I should re-enforce the strands with feviquick soon before they fall off in the coming weeks.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:05 am

I have been using it since last two months on my National25.
So far , it is doing well.
Earlier , when I use one 3-7x20 on my SDB45 , it's objective lens got loose and had lost its focus.
I refocused and then glued.
If it's application is limited to 20-25 mts , it's better than open sight.
BTW , on which gun you fitted it ??

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:40 am

broadway wrote:Scope arrived yesterday.

The polybag came open with the end tied with hair rubber. Postman said that he didn't open it and that it came to them that way. Customs probably opened it. Nothing was stolen. No duty charged. Order was placed on 7th aug. Rec on 7th sep. About 30 days.
Was your package explicitly marked as carrying a scope?

BenPachuau
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BenPachuau » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:25 am

Apart fom the topic, I would like to know what scope would be best for my Springer air rifle, precihole sx100 pegasus to be specific. Any experience?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:07 am

I'm using a Nikko Sterling 4x32 AO Airking on my son's Precihole. Decent scope for the money.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

broadway
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by broadway » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:56 pm

Basu wrote:If it's application is limited to 20-25 mts , it's better than open sight.
BTW , on which gun you fitted it ??
It's on my ak 500. The gun barrel is consistent. After calibrating scope with barrel, i'm getting less then 1 inch groupings at 10 mtrs using pointed pellets I got locally from hassanand(mumbai) - 500 box for rs 160

So far I've done following modifications on it:
1) replaced the stock spring(39-40 coils) with cherokee(lesser coils, i forgot, i think 36). Power is about the same as old. Almost covers a 3/4" hard ply(new not degraded) and right through an inch deodar. Difference is vibration which has reduced significantly.
2) replaced stock rubber piston seal with synthetic IHP seal(looks diana copy).
3) front and rear sight assembly removed. The front sight screw hole went right through the barrel :( so used clear tape to seal it. The screws on this gun are hard to find. After hours of research, my guess is that they are BSW standard screws and market sells it in 500pcs rather than 10 loose.

next modifications in line:
3) waiting for my silicone breech seal to arrive - click maro
4) waiting for these laser diodes to arrive - click maro. They are 6mm diameter and 10mm long. Planning to fix it in front of the ak 500s false barrel.
5) also waiting for this module to arrive - click maro-ing. It will be placed using double sided tape on the wooden stock next to the front left disassembly screw for real time access. It has an on off switch. This will power the laser diode.

For laser calibration - I'm putting the barrel on clamp aimed at a wall. Firing one diode through the main barrel while the other is fired from the false barrel. Distance between the two barrels is 15mm point to point. Instead of calibrating the false barrel laser dot to meet the main barrel laser dot , I'm keeping the two separate at their original 15mm gap and easily accountable in actual use. This modification will allow me shoot from hips length and save me ointment costs for lower back pain given by this heavy rifle. It will also save me from peeping into my cheap 4X20 scope because looking into it is painful and the colors look like watching a washed out 70s VHS tape movie.

modification costs:
1) supermoly - 350
2) spring 400
3) homemade spring compressor: a) old ply 20rs b) 6inch clamp 100rs c) screws etc 30rs
4) ihp synthetic seal 200
5) battery module switch 50
6) laser diodes 100
7) silicone breach seal 14mm o rings 100rs
8) double sided tape 10rs
9) braided wire pair extracted from rj11 telephone cable - scrap

other costs of timepass value
1) 4x20 scope 320rs
2) 28mm o ring washers - future piston seal hack 150rs
3) 11mm steel rail base mount 200rs

how did i just write all these things and why? is the world real? :?:

Added in 23 minutes 25 seconds:
nitroex700 wrote:Was your package explicitly marked as carrying a scope?
It just said "telescope".

Doesn't matter because it came opened. Customs guy probably took it out, had a look through it and figured it was some dummy window piece copy
P60908-160534.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by broadway on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:07 pm

Dear Broadway,
You have to have a scope stop...
I use M-seal just at the rear end of receiver on scope rail.

Basu

broadway
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by broadway » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:20 pm

Doesn't the scope slide in from the right(see pic)? because the rails narrow out(left side)

I can't make out which is front and bottom

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:26 pm

I would always suggest you to stick a picatinny on top of it instead of dovetail, I just don't like them.. If you want a dovetail then better weld a 11mm piece of solid steel stop behind it & rest your one piece mount against it.. It shall not move again! ;)

I think some local lathe machinist can do the round cutting of that picatinny rail if custom ones aren't available... I have seen weaver rails that could be welded if they're steel.. not sure if aluminum can be welded or not. If they're aluminum then a base metal strip with stop holes can be welded & rail fixed into it with 4-6 screws.

A good addition would be to make yourself a decent shooting bag... Shoot on one & you will realize the difference it makes to your shots....

broadway
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by broadway » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:28 pm

okay so the left is the bottom and the right end aims towards nozzle

rail as seen on rws diana schutze model 240

broadway
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by broadway » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:42 pm

The precihole has its scope slide through the back.
precihole mount.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

broadway
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by broadway » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:29 pm

update on 4x20 scope:

Crosshairs seem to loose zero everyday and have to be calibrated every other day. Either the scope is badly designed or my fibre base mount rail undergoes structure change as per climate. I wont know until i install a metal rail.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:12 pm

Which AR you have ?
Does it have scope stop ?

Basu

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:42 pm

broadway wrote:Either the scope is badly designed or my fibre base mount rail undergoes structure change as per climate. I wont know until i install a metal rail.
I might be wrong here, but a fiber mount is usually for accessories like flash light, laser bi pod etc. First time I hear of it being used for scope, that too on a springer.
The vibe of recoil might impact the mount, hence it is not holding zero.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.