Airgun import experiences - via personal baggage route

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Airgun import experiences - via personal baggage route

Post by sa_ali » Wed May 13, 2015 3:25 pm

AnandNair wrote:Noob question no 2.
ref http://www.customsmumbaiairport.gov.in/ ... ?LinkID=67
"Import of Arms, Air Guns and Air Pistols: Import of 0.177 bore Air Guns and Air Pistols (which are otherwise Restricted as per Foreign Trade Policy) is allowed to shooters registered with Rifle Clubs or District/State/National Rifle Association and to National Rifle Association of India .......subject to the condition that –
the purchase/user of these items has a valid “user licence” from the competent local (Indian) authority under the provisions of existing Arms Act, 1959."

What does valid “user licence” mean. Will a letter from the state/dist/national rifle club suffice.?
I am lil lost, what is meant by User license.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Rijo Joseph
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rijo Joseph » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:06 pm

there is nothing called user license for air guns as of now....
Sometimes if you want to get rid of the gun, you have to pick the gun up.

Hari1234
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Hari1234 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:06 am

Hi guys leaee help,

I have bought 2 air guns, Gamo pt-85 co2 airpistol and gamo barrel break air rifle, both i bougt by chance.

I'm returning from Germany to Bangalore on 1st week of march.

I donot have membership with any rifle clubs, I have been a good citizen, so what will happen if I bring these guns home, will they charge duty or arrest me?

Plz help me i'm in lot of tension

StormTruppen
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by StormTruppen » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:33 am

User License means Pakka Raseed (Bill of Purchase) in broad sense of the word.

Hari1234: The worst thing that can happen to you is you have to pay duty on them. You can however join a Shooting Club in Germany & show that to the customs guys here. Or you can come to India 1st & join a club in your locality & then have a friend or relative send it to you by courier.

But, do go through this forum thread for more personal experiences of people who have brought them via personal baggage.

The only thing the authorities would like to know is they are for your personal use. And the best way to verify that is via some sort of paperwork and this is where the Rifle Club membership comes into play.

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-- The Only thing to STOP a BAD Guy with a GUN is a GOOD Guy with a GUN. (y) (y) :irule: :clap:

Hari1234
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Hari1234 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:23 pm

What is the max duty they can charge, I`ve already spent a lot of money on them, If it the duty is too much, I will not be able to pay, what will they do in that case?

I`ve read most of the experiences people have told in this blog, they are giving me mixed reviews, I`m confused, I think of giving back the guns to the shopkeeper in Germany (my still loose all of the money). I don't want the Indian authorities harass me or think that I`m some anti social element!

Anyways I also read that we aren't charged duty for anything less than 25,000 inr, I just have these guns, nothing else.
Finally, is it smart to bring the guns for sell them off in Germany?
Thanks for your help Stromtruppen.

silentsores
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by silentsores » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi everyone...
Need a help, I have imported 0.177 air rifle in past through Fedex from pyramid air, My consignment reached my door without any problem as i provided all required documents i.e. KSRA membership, KSRA letter etc.
Recently i placed an order of break barrel 0.177 from straightshooters.com they have sent my gun through Postal service, It reached bangalore a month back and there after i am running offices to get it clear.
The custom is asking for NOC from police to release for which i have applied in Commissioner office, they have forwarded my request DCP office to do the inspection, Today when visited custom again and informed them that whole process might take another week,

"On general conversation he said once you get NOC we will evaluate your consignment and will tell you the amount to pay the duties. I told him that rifle members are exempted from such duties and also given a copy of DGFT notification which i downloaded from this forum.
But he said that this notification allows members to import but exempting duties.
Now he has asked me to give a copy of notification from custom department for exemption of duties for club members...
I searched everywhere i could on net i am not able to find."

Finally thought may be from this forum somebody will help me out....Please guys help me out

Hari1234
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Hari1234 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:53 pm

Hi silent stone, wat is the amount of duty being asked to pay? how are the calculating the same? what if u refused to pay and just ask them to keep the guns? Do u have to pay storage charges also??

Hari1234
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Hari1234 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:02 pm

Hello any help

chetpatil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by chetpatil » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi Hari,
When are you travelling ?

Guys, I am travelling from Munich,Germany to Mumbai. I am returning back to india after 4 years of stay.
I have a Pardini K12 and I am a member of a shooting club in Munich and also a member of Bayern Shooting federation. But I dont have a membership of any club in India. Is it okay ? Do any one knows a document from customs mentioning info about returning NRI ?

Regards,

Chetan

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:44 pm

hi,

I am not aware of any different rules for NRI importing airgun. We have rule for firearm, and in that also its clearly stated that you can bring firearm if you have stayed for period of more than 3 yr, but the arm will be released to you only when you have firearm licence.

So going by this logic, same would apply to air i guss, you should try getting local gun club membership, that should help you in getting your air gun cleared.

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:42 am

Chetan - If you can convince custom authorities with your Munich Shooting ID , they may let you go without imposing a duty, in worst case scenario, you have to pay duty if you do not produce a NRAI affiliated membership. You can ask them to detain and get it released later without paying any duty , after applying for a membership in local rifle club and showing it to them.
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

prasad.tamhane
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Can OCI card holder import an Air Rifle 0.177 calibre in India?

Post by prasad.tamhane » Sun May 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi,
I am an OCI card holder and living in India since five years. I am also a life member a rifle club in India which is affiliated with NRAI.
I am also employed by L&T in India. Couple of years ago I was deputed to Europe. Now returning to India next month. I had also joined a club here and regularly practised and participated in various competitions here.

I want to ask if I can import my Airgun with me when I return. I am foreign citizen but OCI card holder and residing in India since five years. I even have a property in India under my name.

Your expert advices are highly appreciated.

Prasad

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sun May 22, 2016 9:21 pm

http://dgft.gov.in/Exim/2000/NOT/NOT11/not9510.htm

Refer to the above url for regulations on importing air rifle in india.
With regards,
vsraja

prasad.tamhane
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by prasad.tamhane » Mon May 23, 2016 11:42 am

Thanks VSRaja,
In the notification it does not specify that the policy is only applicable to citizens of India. I think being an OCI and having been living in India I can import correct?

Do you see any issue with it?

Regards

Prasad

lifo232012
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by lifo232012 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:16 pm

Great news..I was able to successfully bring my Tokyo Marui Colt 1911 M70 airsoft gun & BB pellets to Bangalore without any botheration from customs and without paying a single penny..the security personnel just inspected it and commented how real it looks..Here is how the entire sequence unfolded

1. Japan customs: Checked the gun and paperwork and applied a magnet on the gun to check the metal content. Certified it was ok to carry in onboard via checked-in luggage. Airline guys pasted a note on my suitcase "Model Gun - Checked & Cleared by Japan Customs"
2. Landed in New Delhi: Picked up the suitcase at the baggage carousel and proceeded through the green channel. Customs guys saw the note and did not even bother to check.
3. Checked into the domestic airport since I had a flight back to Bangalore. Airport security staff detected the gun and asked me to show it. Just looked at it and commented on the quality of manufacturing and cleared it.
4. Landed in Bangalore: Picked up the suitcase with the note still attached & walked out of the airport proudly.

Overall experience, declare that in the origin airport and get customs to check it.