where can i get imported air pistols for their true price?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
keygun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

where can i get imported air pistols for their true price?

Post by keygun » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:47 pm

please help me with this friends. whenever i search for it in web, indian websites show 9-10 thousand rupees more. where can i buy these without a cut throat price? and why are these indians charging so much?

For Advertising mail webmaster
Lucky Luke
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: where can i get imported air pistols for their true pric

Post by Lucky Luke » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:09 pm

@ keygun

I find it surprising that this rather ' innocent ' question is being asked by a 25 yr old.

Forget buying an imported gun for its true price, I do not think that one would be able to buy an Indian gun for its true price. The dealers always mark up a few thousand.

Importing an airgun has become very cumbersome even when all the required papers are in order. So laying your hands on one would involve paying a hefty premium.

Sorry to be sounding a bit sarcastic, but the hope only you'd have of buying imported guns at their true prices would be if Mother Teresa's Nirmal Hriday decide to get into retailing guns as charity.

Ahmaq
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Ahmaq » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:49 am

Nowhere.

gun08
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gun08 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:42 am

Its like impossible to get the gun for same price as US, I contacted more than 2 dozen dealer's from past couple of months and one thing I found that if you get it for the double the price than in US then its the best deal you can get.
Most dealers charge 3-4 times the actual cost.

keygun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by keygun » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:54 pm

thankyou guys.. so i m not buying any imported air pistol. now coming to indian air pistols.. which one to buy for target practicing and plinking?

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:14 pm

Lucky Luke wrote:@ keygun

I find it surprising that this rather ' innocent ' question is being asked by a 25 yr old.

Forget buying an imported gun for its true price, I do not think that one would be able to buy an Indian gun for its true price. The dealers always mark up a few thousand.

Importing an airgun has become very cumbersome even when all the required papers are in order. So laying your hands on one would involve paying a hefty premium.

Sorry to be sounding a bit sarcastic, but the hope only you'd have of buying imported guns at their true prices would be if Mother Teresa's Nirmal Hriday decide to get into retailing guns as charity.
Well enunciated Lucky Luke and I can back up his efforts to try and get a 'good deal' from far and away but - sorry - no luck! :(
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:01 am

Answer 1: usually in the country where they are made. And forget getting them to India without customs giving grief.

Answer 2: wait for the Precihole AP to come out. I have personally handled it, and it is great for plinking. Hold your horses for a month or so!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

to_saptarshi
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by to_saptarshi » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:43 am

Well , not everything related to gun in US is cheap when compare to India, specially if you are into very high grade competition European pistol, you normally found them cheaper in India than in US due to huge shipping charges implied upon them while importing. For example , when in India I bought a Steyr LP10 and I directly import it from Steyr Austria paying actual cost and nothing extra. in US I bought a Morini CM162E from pilkguns which cost me approx 1800USD, if I bought the same pistol in india , I would have paid much less. for example Indianshooting is selling the same model for 1247 Euro which is equivalent to 1375USD.

I would suggest , go for direct import than cursing dealers for making profits, in India where a 700$ Walther PPK sold for 30lakh , what more can you expect ?
Thanks and Regards,
Saptarshi

alameinite
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: where can i get imported air pistols for their true price?

Post by alameinite » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi
Dear Keygun, have you bought the air pistol you were talking about? I have bought the Precihole Airpistol .22 Taurus model.
Must say,beautiful, sturdy and accurate. Only issue is that its good for casual plinking but not serious target practice. For that, you can go for IHP CO2 air pistols (pneumatic), starting from 25k onwards. A word about buying Precihole and IHP, just lookout online for their authorised dealers in Delhi, they are always cheaper than the gun shops.
"The hills are barren, cold and steep, But I have promises to keep,
A lot to sweat , Before I sleep,...And Miles to run before I sleep.."
:cheers: