Self Import Of Airsoft from US to India

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Ujjwal Bhatt
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Self Import Of Airsoft from US to India

Post by Ujjwal Bhatt » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:03 am

Hi there everyone,My elder brother is in Merchant navy He has gone to US to spend his holidays And day after tomorrow will be returning india. So is it possible to import an Airsoft gun through him i mean that can he bring an Airsoft gun for me will customs allow him.As he is in merchant navy can he do this ?

plz rply fast..If possible i'll ask him to buy one

For Advertising mail webmaster
chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Self Import Of Airsoft from US to India

Post by chicky » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:13 pm

Dear Mr Bhatt,

When buying a airgun or a replica gun , one has to keep in mind the laws governing the purchase of these "toys" of that particular state e.g California,Illinois,M.A are States where these are restricted and one might require permission.Conversely there are states like Arizona and Texas where there is no problem . It is well advised that your brother should find out the laws were he resides ,thereafter he may buy and carry back. Indian customs do allow .177 calibre airguns to shooters of NRAI and other organisations without duty,however for an Airsoft he might have to pay duty. His being in the Merchant navy does not mean he doesn't have to deal with customs.
All the best,

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "