Manufacturing Pellet - DIY

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
TheThirdEye
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Manufacturing Pellet - DIY

Post by TheThirdEye » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:20 am

Hi All,

I though of making my own pellets so that I can do some R&D work in it to best suit my shooting requirement and achieve good result.

I went through videos and documents available in net, and gained some knowledge in it. But none of them provide the exact dimension for making the mold which is important like swaging kit of the pellet.

Hence I have created a hand drawn diagram. Soon I will update this with an Autocad Drawing.

Experts here can give their inputs on the drawing I have created.

Also let me know if there is any grade of Lead to be chosen for Pellet Manufacturing.

I have come across some documents saying to alloy with Lead the following:
Antimony not greater than 0.10%
Zinc not greater than 0.005%
Copper not greater than 0.07%
Tin not greater than 0.50%

Provided Lead is not less than 99.25% and not greater than 99.80% - As per the British Standard#: 602:1956

For top grade, one can just add Antimony(0.05%) to Lead(99.95%) and start the process.
For other grade, one can just add Antimony(0.05%) and Tin(0.05%) to Lead(99.90%) and start the process.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

For Advertising mail webmaster
Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Manufacturing Pellet - DIY

Post by Gunner_dh » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi Third Eye,

Three years have passed since the post. Did you get any success in your project. As it is always dream of AR enthusiast to add hand made pellets into his Kitty.

Previously had seen a drill bit being used on a Plas / wire cutter for making the pellet mold.

Regards
dh