Air Rifle Scope

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Air Rifle Scope

Post by GNV » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:59 pm

Got my first good quality rifle scope today :D

An UTG 3 - 12 X 40 VARMINT/PREDATOR HUNTING SCOPE along with UTG quick fix PICATINNY two piece mounts and UTG DOVETAIL-TO-PICATINNY RAIL ADOPTOR.
IMG_5.JPG
IMG_6.JPG
Added in 10 minutes 31 seconds:
Pics are below
IMG_1.JPG
IMG_2.JPG
IMG_3.JPG
IMG_4.JPG
The scope is damn good. Weighs nearly 800 gms. But there is no instructions sheet. Not having used a scope like this before first I didn't have any idea about how to adjust the scope. Then I found that after loosening the allen screws in the turrets the turrets are clicking. But there are rotating rings on both turrets below the dials and I don't have any idea about what they are for?. Could the experienced members tell me what they are for? Thank you.

Regards
GNV
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GNV on Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Air Rifle Scope

Post by Big Daddy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:01 pm

That's a very good scope. I have the same scope. It has stood perhaps a 1000 recoils of RWS.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ibalajis » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:03 pm

They are the zero locking rings which can be tightened after the scope is zeroed in so that the turrets don't move while handling.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:05 pm

What happened on the 1001st recoil? anything bad? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Added in 1 minute 54 seconds:
Thank You ibalajis.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:23 pm

@ Big Daddy

Which mounts do you use. My UTG Max strength Picatinny mounts with UTG dovetail adaptors are not staying in place on my Nitro Piston ORION and the adaptors are not fitting properly on the ORION's Dovetail. My ORION suffers from excessive barrel drooping also. Which mounts do you suggest for me?

Thank You,

Regards,

GNV

P.S: would this solve my problem

My current UTG mounts are high profile ones. I think they would result in a too high sight line with this adaptor. So I intend to use low profile UTG mounts described in the link at the bottom with this adaptor. What do you thnk? would it be okay ?

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:09 pm

The UTG Compensation Mount for RWS Airgun with T06 Trigger.... would solve the problem of adjustment for barrel droop. i use it on my precihole.
The reason for the mounts not fitting correctly is due to the adapter you use. I also have them and they are good for flat top dovetail. the curved top of the cylinder does not let the adapters to sit properly. Since you already have UTG rings, no point in going for a mount. buy the compensation mount that would allow you to mount on the curved top of precihole, picatinny rail for fixing your rings and at the same time compensate for barrel droop.
Note.. there are two versions of the UTG compensation mount. the link that you gave is the correct one. a second one has a projection below the mount to allow secure fit on raised dovetails.
My precihole with UTG compensation rail, utg mount and UTG scope.

My DIY for the raised profile
:D
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:08 pm

That's the correct mount. I agree with Anand too. I use the same combo. They are one of the best to compensate for barrel droop.
I got mine from relishsports.com. You get it quicker. If it's not on their site you can contact them. I have found them trustworthy.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Thank You AnandNair,
I too was thinking the same about the adaptors and you confirmed it. I checked the mounts with adaptors on a cheap unknown brand Indian air rifle I purchased some 16 years ago which has a raised flat top dovetail fitted to the receiver. I never used that gun much because it has a pretty violent recoil and I could not improve that gun. Today after fitting the scope I shot some 100 pellets through it to check the mounts and they held their place.
The paint job on your Scorpius looks good and what scope is that you have on it. What for is that big wheel ?. The UTG rings I have are high profile ones and using them on the UTG compensating rail would further raises the sight line. Unlike your Scorpius my ORION has a less flatter trajectory and I like to have my sight line as close to the barrel as possible. That is why I am thinking of buying UTG low profile or medium profile picatinny rings to use with the compensating rail. Your advice would be much appreciated. Thank You,

Regards,

GNV.

Added in 2 minutes :
Than You Big Daddy for your information.

Terminator-X
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Terminator-X » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:57 pm

This is the best mount for Precihole rifles & I use it on my NX-100 without any issues. It's cheap too. http://www.dx.com/p/dovetail-rail-exten ... U8XIfmqqko

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:41 am

Thank you for the information Terminator-X.

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:56 pm

GNV wrote:Thank You AnandNair,
I too was thinking the same ....
The paint job on your Scorpius looks good....
That is not paint. it is camo vinyl i had stuck on to the rifle.
and what scope is that you have on it. What for is that big wheel ?.

The scope is a UTG 3-12x44AO SWAT Accushot Rifle Scope, EZ-TAP, Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle. Very good scope, Magnum rated and really good optics. Side focus. The ring is supposed to help getting the side focus easy and is best used for FT rifles. I bought it in advance for my future FT rifle :P
Unlike your Scorpius my ORION has a less flatter trajectory and I like to have my sight line as close to the barrel as possible.
Scorpious is also .22 and i dont think there would be much change in trajectory. .177 has a flatter trajectory.

A low profile ring on top of the compensation mount would be better. your 40mm lens would clear it.
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:48 pm

Thank You AnandNair, I was confused between Pegasus and Scorpius.

vishnu_r
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vishnu_r » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:55 pm

GNV wrote:Got my first good quality rifle scope today :D

An UTG 3 - 12 X 40 VARMINT/PREDATOR HUNTING SCOPE along with UTG quick fix PICATINNY two piece mounts and UTG DOVETAIL-TO-PICATINNY RAIL ADOPTOR.

Regards
GNV
Hi GNV nice scope! Where did you get your scope from and where can I get the same. Because I heard scope import was restricted. You lucky boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:32 pm

pyramydair.com

jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:55 pm

I intend to use the below compensating Weaver /Picatinny Rail Adapter along with the mentioned two piece mount to improve the eye relief for my bug buster mini .I think as the rail has four screws and will prevent any creep .Mine is a 2013 October Orion .I felt some barrel droop when I mounted a BSA .Can anybody confirm if late 2013 Orions had this issue as mentioned by @GNV ?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/25mm-1-I ... 51408.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/D2006-B- ... 80022.html