New Diana - Indian Made

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Ziegen
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

New Diana - Indian Made

Post by Ziegen » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi all,

This is my second post in the same day. I recently picked up a precihole SP50 and while at it, I also tried out an Air rifle called "New Diana" it was being sold for 4.5k and i tried finding out more about it online and on this forum but came across very little info on this. from what i saw, It is a replica of the Diana 35 and has a single stage trigger and no safety. Would love some input on this AR. Would it be worth picking up?

:D
:cheers:

For Advertising mail webmaster
sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: New Diana - Indian Made

Post by sam 47 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:45 pm

Ziegen wrote: . Would it be worth picking up?
Nope, not if you are serious about AR shooting and don't want frequent problems with your AR.
"Aim small, miss small."

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Most locally made AR are loosely based on the Diana which enjoyed a good market yesteryear.

Only a hand full of Indian AR's are worth talking of. The forum is your best filter.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

Ziegen
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ziegen » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:57 pm

sam 47 wrote:
Ziegen wrote: . Would it be worth picking up?
Nope, not if you are serious about AR shooting and don't want frequent problems with your AR.
Hi sam47,

Thanks for your reply. What are problems one could expect? would a tune up or mod help? do we have better alternatives along a similar price range?

:o

Ziegen
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Ziegen » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Big Daddy wrote:Most locally made AR are loosely based on the Diana which enjoyed a good market yesteryear.

Only a hand full of Indian AR's are worth talking of. The forum is your best filter.

BD
Hi Big Daddy,

Thank you for your reply. I did a bit more digging on this forum and found an AR mentioned a couple of times in a few discussions. the "UTA new Diana" not sure if what i saw is the same, will have to double back to verify. Though there isn't much discussion about the UTa new diana, whatever has been said isn't inspiring any confidence to purchase either. I don't want to buy an AR online and what is available to be locally is limited. Precihole is available and i love both Sx and Nx but i'm thinking of waiting for the VX to be made locally available before making the buy.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:54 pm

:agree:

Big Daddy has placed the matter very correctly.
There are plethora of information available on this forum.
One is expected to go through before buying.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

sam 47
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sam 47 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:07 pm

Ziegen wrote:. What are problems one could expect?
Every kind of problem you can imagine from poor accuracy, broken/dethreaded stock screws, front sight falling off when you prepare to shoot, etc etc and the most important one being there is a hazard of autofire.
Ziegen wrote:. would a tune up or mod help? do we have better alternatives along a similar price range?
No tuneup or mod will help. And there is no better alternative (for ARs) at that price range, because that price range is achieved by sacrificing quality .
Last edited by sam 47 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Aim small, miss small."

Ziegen
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: RE: Re: New Diana - Indian Made

Post by Ziegen » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:18 pm

sam 47 wrote:
Ziegen wrote:. What are problems one could expect?
Every kind of problem you can imagine from poor accuracy, broken/dethreaded stock screws, front sight falling of when you prepare to shoot, etc etc and the most important one being there is a hazard of autofire.
Ziegen wrote:. would a tune up or mod help? do we have better alternatives along a similar price range?
No tuneup or mod will help. And there is no better alternative (for ARs) at that price range, because that price range is achieved by sacrificing quality .
Wow. Thanks for the input my friend. I'm glad I asked.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Gunner_dh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Gunner_dh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:05 pm

Hi All,

I know its quite late however just wanted to document the information in the right thread given the understanding the word Diana itself is enough to skip a heart beat for an Indian Airrifle enthusiast. The products New Diana & UTA New Diana are from different manufacturers with similar features.
Also while searching I find very less information about New Diana although it is in market for a long time. Except for one of the item list with Flipkart- Not available. In any case the product is still available in Kolkata.

Regards
dh

Sent from my Micromax Q415 using Tapatalk