Need help with Airgun and transportation.

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
vedula1995
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Need help with Airgun and transportation.

Post by vedula1995 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Hey fellas

Right now at Hyderabad and saw a airgun shop,activated my excitement,the problem is I am having a flight journey back to Kolkata so not sure of buying one.

Anyway I have already posted before regarding the model nunber for first buy,and is there any way to transport this new gun via flight? Any letter or permission.

Members who have been through this situation please help.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

For Advertising mail webmaster
BossMustang
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Need help with Airgun and transportation.

Post by BossMustang » Mon May 15, 2017 8:02 pm

As far as I know, from DGCA website, you have to declare your Arms/Ammunition at your terminal to the security officers and check in your Air Rifle/Pistol as luggage and not carry-on. The DGCA allows sportpersons affiliated to a recognised Rifle Club/Association to travel with Air Rifle/Firearms free of cost for competition purposes only. You also have to provide them a letter from your State Rifle Association stating the same and also a copy of your club membership. But if you not participating in a competition then there is a fixed fee of Rs. 5000 for each Air Rifle/Pistol/Firearm that you wish to have transported with you. The weapon must be compulsorily transported in a case.

Hope this helps, but please also contact the customer care of your flight provider and confirm with them.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue May 16, 2017 11:08 am

It would be cheaper for you to simply send it by registered post to Kolkatta. As BossMustang has mentioned above, transporting by air (within India) is an expensive proposition.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

BossMustang
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BossMustang » Tue May 16, 2017 5:56 pm

Registered Posts or couriers mostly dont accept such requests from individuals. They will cite security reasons and other silly things to get rid of it. I suggest you talk to the owner of the shop you are purchasing the weapon from. He might have it couriered for you for a small fee. Reputed retailers have contracts with courier companies and they cant refuse their request. I live in Mumbai and 2 years ago ordered a Heman Air pistol from a shop in Kolkata, which was delivered by courier without any problem.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue May 16, 2017 6:33 pm

I just received an IHP Pneumatic 10m air pistol from their Ahmedabad factory via registered post. It didn't seem like there was any issue in this method of transportation. Hence suggested the same.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Tue May 16, 2017 9:34 pm

mundaire wrote:I just received an IHP Pneumatic 10m air pistol from their Ahmedabad factory via registered post. It didn't seem like there was any issue in this method of transportation. Hence suggested the same.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
True Abhijeet. However, it's one way. AR's from Kolkata are also shipped by registered post. However, only specific post offices near the dealers seem to accept AR's
Even major post offices refuse.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

vedula1995
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vedula1995 » Thu May 18, 2017 1:56 pm

Alright guys UPDATE on the Situation,saw that shop while the first visit to the airport,planned to visit that gun shop since there was a fuss with Passport which took half of the day a to and fro journey from home back to airport and overall the day was wasted,we got home at 10 PM,shit,anyway not rich enough to pay extra 5K for transportation though.

Anyway since I am back to my Hometown Jamshedpur,and Kolkata is at commutable distance,but still I want the Air rifle delivered to me,so folks what should I look for in an air gun?

http://www.huligun.com/SDB-Classic-35-A ... 85611.html
This seems good to me.

https://www.aimco.co.in/index.php?id_ca ... r=category
This seems good as well.

Help me here guys and please share any info on distributors who will ship me if I contact them via phone?

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu May 18, 2017 8:33 pm

The proprietor of Aimco is a long time member here and many people have purchased from them with good feedback.

Unless I'm mistaken I've seen some reviews here on purchases from the huligun site as well.

I'd suggest you contact both and go with whichever option you are comfortable with.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

www.gunowners.in

vedula1995
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by vedula1995 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:36 pm

OK,How do I contact AIMCO? Is he here in this forum? Or do I have to use the Contacts section of his website?

I think I should place a call.

Thanks.

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Sat May 20, 2017 5:38 pm

vedula1995 wrote:OK,How do I contact AIMCO? Is he here in this forum? Or do I have to use the Contacts section of his website?

I think I should place a call.

Thanks.
One of the forums rule is not to use it for commercial purposes. Would suggest the website contact. AIMCO responds. They are very good and like many others, I will not hesitate to recommend them.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.