My first Precihole, the PX100 Achilles: Questions

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
dlancerx
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

My first Precihole, the PX100 Achilles: Questions

Post by dlancerx » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:39 pm

I bought my first Precihole airgun yesterday, the PX100 Achilles. I have a few questions regarding this gun. I would be very happy if anyone could help.

1. The gun is really loud. Are all PX100 like this? Is there some way to suppress the sound?
2. It is mentioned in their website that magazine can be used. Can you please tell me which type and where to buy?
3. For those who have owned this gun, what do you think of the overall performance?

Thank you

For Advertising mail webmaster
prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: My first Precihole, the PX100 Achilles: Questions

Post by prashantjha19 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:10 am

Hello there! Congratulations on your new acquisition! Just also thought of sounding you out that there are scores of posts on IFG on the product including some informative reviews. Do pls check these out. Am sure it will help answer many of your concerns.

Here's also a related query from someone like me who uses a basic PH springer- the VX100.....and this is about knowing the worthwhileness of going for PH's Aperture (Peep) Sight. I have been mulling installing a peep sight on my AR. I understand the peep sight makes aiming more accurate and quicker as compared to the open sight I am using currently. A scope, generally speaking, seems a tad bit misplaced for a typical springer unless one is able to get one specifically designed to withstand the double recoil of such rifles. They are also way too pricy. I am also more of a traditionalist, and have a fascination for simpler things. There is very little on the net on peep sights though (the score's advent seems to have eclipsed this aid). I am thus exploring answers here on IFG.

I understand one of the PCPs of PH comes with this peep sight installed....not sure if it is the Achilles. If it really is, I will greatly appreciate your views on the usability of it please.
I also request all IFG members reading this thread to kindly share their inputs and guidance on this please. Will be ever grateful.
Sincerely,
Prashant

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:45 am

dlancerx
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dlancerx » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:33 pm

prashantjha19 wrote:Hello there! Congratulations on your new acquisition! Just also thought of sounding you out that there are scores of posts on IFG on the product including some informative reviews. Do pls check these out. Am sure it will help answer many of your concerns.

Here's also a related query from someone like me who uses a basic PH springer- the VX100.....and this is about knowing the worthwhileness of going for PH's Aperture (Peep) Sight. I have been mulling installing a peep sight on my AR. I understand the peep sight makes aiming more accurate and quicker as compared to the open sight I am using currently. A scope, generally speaking, seems a tad bit misplaced for a typical springer unless one is able to get one specifically designed to withstand the double recoil of such rifles. They are also way too pricy. I am also more of a traditionalist, and have a fascination for simpler things. There is very little on the net on peep sights though (the score's advent seems to have eclipsed this aid). I am thus exploring answers here on IFG.

I understand one of the PCPs of PH comes with this peep sight installed....not sure if it is the Achilles. If it really is, I will greatly appreciate your views on the usability of it please.
I also request all IFG members reading this thread to kindly share their inputs and guidance on this please. Will be ever grateful.
Sincerely,
Prashant
Thanks, Prashantji. As for the peep sight, this is the first time I am using it too. So, I think it's gonna take a little while adjusting to it. However, I already feel quite comfortable using it . All that needs to be done is zero/adjust the sight a bit, and I still haven't got time to do that because of the weather.

dlancerx
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dlancerx » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:55 am

Dear Prashant,
It is not the correct thread to post your query.
The. Advantage of peep sight is that it gives clarity of viewing all in line ,i,.e.object , foresight and back sight.
This helps the shooter to aim with precision.
This is very good for Target shooting but for plinking with scoot & shoot, there is none other than open sight.
I was told that PH peep sight is made with nice precision , all you need to see that the exact alignment is possible or not.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

prashantjha19
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by prashantjha19 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:50 am

Thank you all...dear GNV for sharing an appropriate link, Dlancerx for your response, and Basu Da for responding please.
I have been badly unwell these past weeks and so couldn't come on IFG.

Basu Da, I trust you loved shooting your old SDB 45 Model AR with the peep sight. Yes, the SDB peep sight is a very very basic one. But it certainly IS one; and can be a good aid for first hand feel and practice -for aiming using a peep sight. In fact, I am doing exactly that for some time now.....learning to use it.
I will greatly appreciate your guidance on this please.
Right now, I am all over the place with the SDB peep. The peep hole is too big for sure....(Next, I will paste a paper with a pin hole and see if that works).
What I am most confused about is HOW TO DETERMINE THE LENGTH OF THE FRONT SIGHT POST FOR USE WITH A PEEP SIGHT?? Should one go with the standard one (of the open iron sight set)...or does it need to be elevated?

Sorry for such basic queries...but I think this is a much less explored and discussed area; and therefore your responses would likely be of benefit to many of us mulling the subject.
Warm regards,
Prashant

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:46 pm

Well...the height of the front pole depends on the height of peep sight .....if the peep is high enough then obviously pole's height to be increased.
rest all calculation :)
Peep sights are good for foresight inserts, which SDB provides only in in SDB 2000.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............