New addition - SDB Artemis

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: New addition - SDB Artemis

Post by SMJ » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:29 pm

Eagerly waiting for your review. What does it like, Indian or foreign (pellets) ? From where you got it.
So far have tried marvellous shot flat head pellets and precipell round heads as suggested by Basu sir and both are doing well in the artemis. Only precipell are slightly tight fitting and I need to use the base of my thumb and give it a little push. Have not really tried any foreign brand of pellets so far as fairly happy with the good quality pellets made here.

For Advertising mail webmaster
SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:47 am

Managed to shoot a bit at home today. Range 10 meters. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalkjist

Just to add the precihole off target was totally my doing and not the gun. I had not sighted it in correctly and already shot 25 pellets before I went up close to see the results.
With Artemis it was 20 shots in all. The marvellous flat head has done much better than the precipell round head

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Dear SMJ,
Be passionate enough and let the Artemis break in properly.My Artemis took 700 pellets to be at its optimum state.You have to find out the technique in which it will shoot perfectly.
Try different types of pellets.My Artemis gives generally a group lesser than an inch at 20m with NE Flat head pellets.You may try this pellet also but it weighs 7.56grs but very consistent.This is my mainstay pellet for grouping and for long range plinking I prefer USPH heavier one which weighs 9.4grs.
Thanks.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:39 pm

I found Precipell FH 8 gns gives optimum power and accuracy in SDB Barrels.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:58 am

Dear Basu Sir,
I tried few precipell round head and yes the feel upon shooting is really nice.Accuracy too is phenomenal.It weighs 8.7hrs(written in pellet box).Will try flat head of precipell soon.
Thanks.

Added in 1 minute 20 seconds:
But it is slight tight fitting in breech.

sagar 12345
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sagar 12345 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:34 pm

i am proud owner of artemis air rifle 0.177. this is a powerful & accurate air rifle with wooden stock.it gives me 1 inch grouping at 10 meters with flat head exite pellets.united shot round head pellets are not fit properly in artemis 1mm part of skirt is out side breach so when we close the barrel & open it pellet shape is defformed.

sagar 12345
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sagar 12345 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:31 pm

after around 1000 shots artemis looses its power so i opened the gun & i observed that six coils of spring closely bounded so i replace it with precihole 40 coil spring .after that artemis giving more power than before but not that much claimed by company. the gun is now quiet & accurate at 10 meters.i dont have chrony so icant say any thing about its current ME.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:20 pm

If you are happy with Precihole spring , it is very good.
Do not keep opening & closing unless it is desperately needed.It may harm the performance of the gun.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Vx100 gives me one hole group at 10meter with United shot round head pellet
With regards,
vsraja