.22 Air Rifle License

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
RITUPA
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

.22 Air Rifle License

Post by RITUPA » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:29 am

Hi Friends,

I bought .22 Air Rifle in 2014, and not using it from last 2 years. I came to know that now we need license to keep .22 calb Air Rifle in home. Is that true.? if yes how can i acquire a license for the same..

Thanks in advance.

Ritu

For Advertising mail webmaster
ashokharsana
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: .22 Air Rifle License

Post by ashokharsana » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:12 am

As per my understanding, you'll need the usual firearm license for .22 Air rifle. There isnt a provison for any separate license by law.

ralphsg
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ralphsg » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:22 am

Seriously???
Do we actually need a licence for a .22 air rifle. If so so, I'd rather surrender my air rifle and get a licence for an actual .22 caliber rifle,be it an Indian ordinance rifle or an imported one. In my opinion I'd rather get the best BANG for my buck than a licence for a rifle that was through lots of mentoring and advice passed on from my elders to me and further on to the future generations to respect and be humble for a weapon capable of harming others if used irresponsibly.
In this age of online purchases,I too am weary that no matter what the intention, irresponsible individuals could get hold of these rifles and misuse them
in our expense.Well.....growing up with air rifles, I was trained to keep pests like mountain rats and vermin off our pineapple plantation. That was then ......... now planters use poison and traps to control these pests. Honestly, I still prefer the use of air rifles which was and is more humane compared to the results of poisoning,especially when it causes the death of not only the target pests but your pet dogs/cats and even the indigenous wildlife like snakes and bob cats and others.
Anyways this is only my point of view. Any other views and opinions are most welcome.

"A Die Hard Fan Of The Old Ways"

Thanking all.
Regards.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:06 am

ralphsg wrote: I still prefer the use of air rifles which was and is more humane compared to the results of poisoning,especially when it causes the death of not only the target pests but your pet dogs/cats and even the indigenous wildlife like snakes and bob cats and others.
Anyways this is only my point of view. Any other views and opinions are most welcome.

Agree. Rodenticides are so inhumane and result in the death of other birds and animals that feed on the dead rodents. I saw a few videos of birds and animals dying painfully after eating the poisioned rats. It is inhumane even for the rodents as they suffer for days before dying.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."