Precihole vs SDB

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).

Precihole vx100 vs SDB gennex vs SDB sports

Precihole vx 100 spartan
70%
SDB gennex
15%
SDB model 65
No votes
SDB sports
15%

Total votes: 20

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Precihole vs SDB

Post by Sombit » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:54 pm

I am someone new to the forum and casual target practice. As a starter, i would like to buy an air rifle Priced below ₹8000. Combing through the forum i felt that at this price bracket, my best options are some SDB models and precihole vx100.
While precihole has clearly stated the specifications regarding muzzle velocity, rifling etc.. its very difficult to find details of SDB models.
So it is my request to users, please suggest me, which of the two would be a better choice for me?
-Thank you

For Advertising mail webmaster
Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Precihole vs SDB

Post by Basu » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:35 pm

Please visit the Facebook page of SDB air rifle.
The details are available.
There are various posts written by many members.
Take your own decision.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

satvender
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by satvender » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:51 pm

Sombit wrote:I am someone new to the forum and casual target practice. As a starter, i would like to buy an air rifle Priced below ₹8000. Combing through the forum i felt that at this price bracket, my best options are some SDB models and precihole vx100.
While precihole has clearly stated the specifications regarding muzzle velocity, rifling etc.. its very difficult to find details of SDB models.
So it is my request to users, please suggest me, which of the two would be a better choice for me?
-Thank you
hey There,you can check them on facebook as Mr.Basu suggested

***Edited: Please DO NOT use this website to promote your business. If in doubt about what is appropriate to post, please read the rules as listed under the Announcements section here - Moderator***

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:52 pm

I have visited the official page of SDB. None of these guns have muzzle energy or pellet speed specified. Also no one has commented anything about accuracy. Unlike the precihole, there are no leaflets. The limited posts barely shine light on the individual differences between each SDB model or advantages. This is why i requested for personal opinion from users.

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:37 am

Welcome to the forum. Good to see that you have at least narrowed your choices down with a clear budget in mind. I would recommend you go through forums like these where you will find a plethora of information on both precihole and sdb to help you decide.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:19 pm

I can give you details of velocity :

Sport - 840 fps max with Precipell 8.00 gns
This gun has after market main spring.
It remains best at 10 fpe.

GenNex - 670 fps with 7.6 gns Unitedshot RH.
It can produce more 10-12 yds extra with after mkt spring but it remains best at 5.5 fpe.

Artemis is too beautiful with awesome power.

Basu
All above data are of SimpChrony made by Ifgian Harsha

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:14 pm

Thank you basu for the info. Its simple and helpful. Can you give any info about the SDB model 65?

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:23 pm

SDB 65 is longer in size and good to shoot due to extra weight.
I guess , in .22 , it generates 500-550 fps..
There are some YouTube videos which may help you to understand better.
I owned SDB 45 for long and very detail descriptions are given on this forum.

Basu

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:40 pm

(y) Thanks a lot

targetpoint
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by targetpoint » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:04 am

Dear Sombit,
If your choice is for precihole I can't comment on its performance as I never tried it but if you want to buy any model from SDB stable then I will definitely and literally,you can say,I will force you to buy Gennex.After using SDB Artemis for nearly 8 months I bought Gennex recently and believe me Artemis is hardly getting any chance nowadays as Gennex is so pleasing to shoot which is real addiction.
I learnt by heart that actual pleasure of airgunning can be obtained only from light weight,low powered and accurate airrifle.In this criteria Gennex fits well.
Though my Artemis is very accurate and produce 14.5fpe at muzzle with 7.7 grs but such a huge power is at the cost of cocking,recoil and hold sensitiveness.
A good airrifle should have all the above three factors in minimum amount for real shooting pleasure and you can definitely find them in Gennex.
Really there is no need of too much power if your purpose is paper punching and plinking and shooting space is limited upto backyard of your house.
Thanks.

Sam Kunal
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Sam Kunal » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:01 am

Go for Precihole . You will never be disappointed . I have three in my collection. Will add another as soon as budget allows. My brother is very keen on getting a PX with magazine.

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:26 am

Hello friends, for the past few weeks i have been torn over choosing between precihole vx 100 and sdb models. Both have their own merits. Being a Kolkattan i had the opportunity to see the sdb models and try them out myself. The SDB models felt way more sturdy and traditional than precihole and each of the models have their own specific advantages.
SDB Artemis has power
SDB gennex is user friendly.
SDB 65 is cheap.
But if you want an all rounder, then precihole is your choice.
I have made an unboxing and short review video on YouTube. Hope it will help others in doubt. Thank you all..

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:20 am

Dear sombit,
It is just for my academic interest to know the feature as to why you recommend PH over others.

Basu

Sombit
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sombit » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:58 am

Accuracy of PH vx 100 is at par with Gennex, despite being more Powerful. Artemis may be more Powerful but its way more expensive. I could not find the sports model so can't comment on it.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:14 pm

Go for vx100 because it has better trigger.Also better finishing and fits good for off hand shooting. It is also powerful between 10 to 11fpe which is enough in .177.Also it was very very accurate and incomparable to other air rifles in india
With regards,
vsraja