sdb artemis stock screw loosening problem

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
sagar 12345
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

sdb artemis stock screw loosening problem

Post by sagar 12345 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:32 am

i had bought sdb artemis nine months before still fired 1500 pellets now suudenly after firing one of the front stock screw came out of stock & fall aside on ground. when i try to put screw again it refuses to get tight . then i seperate the stock from action & observed that the threads on nut which is weilded on cylinder becomes plain & no able to hold screw . i contacted sdb they told me to send entire rifle to them they will take care of problem. can some one on this forum suggest any solution to how to fix this problem.

For Advertising mail webmaster
vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: sdb artemis stock screw loosening problem

Post by vsraja » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:52 pm

send only the receiver tube to them.
With regards,
vsraja

sagar 12345
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sagar 12345 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:15 pm

as per your suggestion i am sending rifle to sdb .i also want to add one additional pair of front stock screw added to rifle just behind original sccrews so as to make stock & action fit rigid. your opinion on this is valuable for me vsraja sir.

vsraja
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vsraja » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:27 pm

I think they will not accept to add additional screws. It needs some work on stock also. It is not advisable as the wooden stock can loose its integrity because of extra holes. Hence it is unnecessary to add more screws because these three screws are more than enough.Hence they mostly try to avoid this risk. But you can try with some carpenter and machinist locally available near your area.
With regards,
vsraja