Importing airguns into India

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
miss_3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Importing airguns into India

Post by miss_3006 » Tue May 04, 2010 5:41 pm

If you have an old account it still works. Mine does. I never knew this NEWS!

For Advertising mail webmaster
mkarthi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mkarthi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:12 pm

hello anirudchauhan

Hope you got your rifle. Do let me know if all went well!!

Karthi
anirudhchauhan303 wrote:Hi!

I ordered one Diana RWS 48 through Natchez shooters USA. Checking the tracking through UPS site everything went smooth till Mumbai where the customs have stopped it. I contacted UPS folks and they gave me an address of Mumbai where I sent them the NRAI membership letter, copies of notifications of DGFT and customs etc. It has been since Nov 18th and till now have not received the consignment, this is just the rifle without telescope or pellets. It is so bloody frustrating, seems as if am importing a AK not a piddley .177 airrifle. Am in touch with UPS constantly they have assured all documents are in order and I should get this in next 7 days.............hoping with fingers crossed. Hats off to likes of Bindra to excel in this sport in this country.

aruns_army
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aruns_army » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:08 pm

hi friends i am arun from chennai i am new to this forum and i need ur help, i am planning import a .22 caliber Gamo Big Cat 1200 i need ur adise pls.

-- Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:08 pm --

hi friends i am arun from chennai i am new to this forum and i need ur help, i am planning import a .22 caliber Gamo Big Cat 1200 i need ur adise pls.

kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kb100 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:31 pm

Aruns_army,

You are in both in the right place and right thread! :)

Additional recommended reading.. http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7602, http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1003, http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2315

While you are at it you might as well read this as well http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3246

Please read this, and all the above threads right from the first page to the last - and then if you have any specific doubts left.. ASK and thou shall receive! :D
A Closed Mouth Gathers No Feet!

aruns_army
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aruns_army » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:24 pm

thx for ur reply,
which one is Easier to Import .177 or .22 .note- i am not a member of a Rifle Club/ Shooting Association is it possible to import a air gun :cry:

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:31 pm

aruns_army wrote:thx for ur reply,
which one is Easier to Import .177 or .22 .note- i am not a member of a Rifle Club/ Shooting Association is it possible to import a air gun :cry:
If you're planning to import it via courier go with .177. But you'd have to be a member of a Rifle Club/Shooting Assoc and produce adequate documentation to substantiate that. For future reference and clarification please read up on this thread as most of the queries you'd have are covered in it. Appreciate your patience.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

aruns_army
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by aruns_army » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:37 pm

thanks man

anirudhchauhan1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by anirudhchauhan1 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:27 am

Friends I just returned from US and carried a Sumatra 2500 carbine with me, despite showing my NRAI membership the same was confiscated , how ever very next day I got the same released after getting the documents from NRAI.

The process in US is very smooth and hassle free, U have to get the same in a TSA approved hard case with TSA approved locks, DO NOT CARRY PELLETS in the same case.

also pls DO NOT CARYY .22, there is total confusion on this aspect.

If not a member duty or no duty they will not allow it to be imported, this is as per my interactions with the Asstt Comm Customs at IGIA.
Best Regards

:arrow:
Anirudh Chauhan

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:00 pm

anirudhchauhan1 wrote: If not a member duty or no duty they will not allow it to be imported, this is as per my interactions with the Asstt Comm Customs at IGIA.
This discretion is still left to the Customs commissioner, I am sure the Mumbai customs or Chennai customs might not even understand their rule book.
Daystate Buckmaster (Limited Edition 70/100), Walther Dominator, Diana 350 Magnum, Weihrauch HW50, Harrington & Richardson 20 Guage

highlander9999
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by highlander9999 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:36 am

real expierience latest let all be known highlander9999

shiv
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shiv » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Got my "Beretta PX4 Storm & Beeman P17 cleared by the Delhi customs after giving all the documents :) ... but the FedEx people tried to send the guns to cochin via air and was stopped by the airport security and the guns were then handed over to the Delhi police.. :x

FedEx customer care has not even bothered 2 call me..I was informed about this when I called them (Swapana Jha).... now they are telling me that the Police has booked a case and will be contacting me shortly! :(

Has anyone ever had a experience like this.....

Advice are most welcome!!!

ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ebenezer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:24 pm

shiv wrote:Got my "Beretta PX4 Storm & Beeman P17 cleared by the Delhi customs after giving all the documents :) ... but the FedEx people tried to send the guns to cochin via air and was stopped by the airport security and the guns were then handed over to the Delhi police.. :x

FedEx customer care has not even bothered 2 call me..I was informed about this when I called them (Swapana Jha).... now they are telling me that the Police has booked a case and will be contacting me shortly! :(

Has anyone ever had a experience like this.....

Advice are most welcome!!!
No such experience with Fedex in the past. But don't worry since you haven't done anything illegal. You have done everything as per procedure. If the police books a case, that's not the end of everything. You can always present your documents and argue based on that. Keep calling up the Fedex guys and pester them. Otherwise they won't move an inch. However, keep us all posted about the developments.
Ebenezer

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:05 am

I have faced a similar issue during Jan 25th 2010 and my Diana 350 Mag got stuck at Delhi Domestic Airport when FedEx tried shipping the gun thro Local Airline to Chennai. However the same got released in few days.

Since you have all your papers, there nothing to panick. Probably they will release it post Republic Day or something.

I would say, stay in Peace :o And ask them to submitted all your documents and request them to send it through any surface courier (Gati is the most common Surface courier)

Don't pick any fight or argument with Courier as most of the shipping terms with Air Rifle Exporters stays till the product reaching the Port of entry, post that its not the seller or courier company's responsibility.
Daystate Buckmaster (Limited Edition 70/100), Walther Dominator, Diana 350 Magnum, Weihrauch HW50, Harrington & Richardson 20 Guage

nishu_17in
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nishu_17in » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:58 pm

can i import a softair full metal gun from us "the .20gm bb ones not the pellet ones". i mean my parents live there. so can i tell them to get it for me. will there be any problems in importing with there luggage. i asked the same question to the evike guys but they told me that "Unfortunately we do not know the rules and regulations of importing airsoft guns to your country. It is the customer's responsiblity to find out the rules and regulations then you can place your order. As for the green gas you will have to find a local airsoft shop because we cannot ship green gas legally." :?: .... i don't care about the gas thing. i just want the full metal versions of beretta, savaging bull and desert eagle. i'm a kind of toy collector but unfortunately i can't find these guns in delhi. i read the earlier posts and it says it's gonna cost me somewhere around 10-15k each. which is like paying approx. double for each gun. please help me out with this.

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:13 am

Nishu,

Whats the latest on the BB Gun?

To my knowledge if its full steel customs will consider it as a weapon and ask for a NOC, Membership, etc.