Importing airguns into India

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
anirudhchauhan303
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Importing airguns into India

Post by anirudhchauhan303 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi!

I ordered one Diana RWS 48 through Natchez shooters USA. Checking the tracking through UPS site everything went smooth till Mumbai where the customs have stopped it. I contacted UPS folks and they gave me an address of Mumbai where I sent them the NRAI membership letter, copies of notifications of DGFT and customs etc. It has been since Nov 18th and till now have not received the consignment, this is just the rifle without telescope or pellets. It is so bloody frustrating, seems as if am importing a AK not a piddley .177 airrifle. Am in touch with UPS constantly they have assured all documents are in order and I should get this in next 7 days.............hoping with fingers crossed. Hats off to likes of Bindra to excel in this sport in this country.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:25 pm

sounds like you have to take a walk to the office and find out whats going on.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

daintgautam
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by daintgautam » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:23 pm

As I had been seeking for the procedure to import the Air Pistol Co2 driven .177 cal. I came under impression that It shall be questioned at Indian customs only but nowhere else while It would reach there at Airport in New Delhi..

But later on I came to know that The airline (Gulfair) refused to carry the airgun while it was brought into their notice to make our side safe, as they came up with a new enquiry asking if I am a member of some shooting club in India or I am a shooting athlete myself in India.. Like this was not enough in itself.. They asked to produce some certification for it to be true of my being a shooting Athlete from the Indian embassy in Athens or from our defence or Olympic sports ministry of India varifying so.

Ultimately, I was not able to get the Air Pistol as Airline refused to accept the Air pistol even in Baggage without any pellets and CO2 Cartiridges.

The solution one might strike to bring the airpistol to India is to not declare to the airline and bring it in the baggage... If they find it just send it back with your friends from the airport of your departure point.. if passed then sort out the matter with indian authorities which does not seem difficult...

The rest depends on the beareaucracy if one might sort out...

chiradip
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Import/mail order an EVANIX Renegade Air Pistol

Post by chiradip » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I am very new to this forum. I want to buy an EVANIX Renegade Air Pistol. I found it is available at http://www.pyramidair.com. Is it available in Bangalore in a good price for counter sale? Or only option is to order online? If online then what is the customs thing to take care off? Please guide me in detail - how can I get this in India.

The pistol is here with review http://www.taylorgunsmithing.net/a11/Ev ... _info.html

Regards, Chiradip

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Import/mail order an EVANIX Renegade Air Pistol

Post by hamiclar01 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:35 pm

i. There are 4 different threads, each running into at least 30 pages, that go into the minutiae of importing airguns/pistols into India. Give us a break, go through them. :roll: come back to us if there is still a problem.

ii. Also, it is useful if the first post is an introduction. Why, for instance, do you want a full power hunting pistol in a land where hunting is banned?

iii. The pistol you are interested in is going to be very tricky to import (if at all). If you want to know why, refer to answer (i)
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Ditto to what Hami said, just to help you a bit more. Here is the link of the relevant thread.

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1003

Please go through it, all your answer are there and as Hamiclar said please post a introduction.

Thanks

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

chiradip
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by chiradip » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Thank @hamiclar01 for the information. I definitely searched for the info before I submitted this. Its sort of expected that if you know the threads - point those to the people looking for it. Even you could transfer this question in the specific thread - I do not know whether this forum has that facility. Your reply helped me little but thanks anyway. By the way - sorry for being naive - who are these "us" that need a "break"? I thought it is all by the members and upon registering I am one of its part!! And if you have less or or no info to offer take a "break" as long as you can. I am not sure whether anybody or group in this forum is obliged to answer everything.

Regarding my introduction - I will write that shortly.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:26 pm

chiradip wrote: sorry for being naive - who are these "us" that need a "break"? I thought it is all by the members and upon registering I am one of its part!! And if you have less or or no info to offer take a "break" as long as you can. I am not sure whether anybody or group in this forum is obliged to answer everything.
1. Nobody is obliged to answer anything. Less so repeat the saaaaaaaame things again and again, particularly for people who want shortcuts.
2. The "us" would be the likes of me and Inder, who have to stop whatever they are doing to point you in the direction of the barn door that stands two feet from your nose.
3. Most of the information on the 4 topics is compiled over they years by members like "us", who went unto the unknown, struggled to get our goods and posted our experiences. Among the posts is a step by step guide to the whole process.
4. We are here to assist, not spoonfeed. And multiple posting will probably get you nothing but the boot.
5. you have still not answered why you want a full power hunting pistol in 0.22, which isn't exactly an importable calibre
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

ilan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ilan » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Hello Guys,

I am having a gas blow back Pistol M92F, can anyone tell me where to get refill cylinders for my magazine.

ilan

singhkuld
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by singhkuld » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:17 pm

hi everyone
i just wanted to confirm whether Blackpool Air Rifles ship air rifles to India? Just checked their website and found
INDIA
METHOD OF PAYMENT
New customers pay by Bank Transfer or PayPal
Please place your order on our website and click either PAY BY PAYPAL or PAY BY BANK TRANSFER on Payment Page.
We will contact you by email with total cost including delivery and all the information you will need to pay.
RESTRICTIONS
We cannot send any air rifles or pistols to India due to restrictions from our courier company. :(
We cannot send scopes over 4x mag, bipods or silencers to India
We can send all other accessories
DELIVERY METHOD
Parcels over 2kg - TNT
Parcels over 60cm length - TNT
Parcel less than 2kg - International Signed For post

Regards
Kuldeep Singh

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:40 pm

Blackpool Air Rifles don't ship any air rifles or pistols to India due to restrictions from their courier company

singhkuld
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by singhkuld » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:44 pm

striker
thanks for a quick reply. can you tell me about any other sources from where i can import air rifles or air pistols?

thanks and regards
Kuldeep

saahil
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by saahil » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:29 pm

hi kuldeep
you can order airguns from pyramidair.com
take care.

miss_3006
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by miss_3006 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Pyramydair, AirgunsofArizona and Straighshooters.com are few of the sites that send to India and have good service. You must pay via Paypal as that is a safer option too.

Lucky Luke
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Lucky Luke » Tue May 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Paypal would've been a convenient option if not for the fact that Paypal has suspended transactions to & from India.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fav gun related quote ?
Mae West : " Is that a gun in your pocket Cowboy, or are you really glad to see me ? "
;-)