Importing airguns into India

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
ranju
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Importing airguns into India

Post by ranju » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:03 pm

I really dont know wat this fuss is about. I brought in a Walther Dominator, disassembled the stock and barrel, in my checked in baggage - 2 bags, in October and just brought in a Beretta PX 4 Storm co2, again in my checked in baggage, the day before when I landed. Didnt get stopped at customs or anything.

For Advertising mail webmaster
vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:48 am

Ranju -Thats good news congrats.

Got few questions -
Was the calibre .177 or .22?
What was your port of entry?
Did the customs mark your suitcase before it came on the conveyor belt?
Which country did you travel from?
Daystate Buckmaster (Limited Edition 70/100), Walther Dominator, Diana 350 Magnum, Weihrauch HW50, Harrington & Richardson 20 Guage

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:38 am

Ranju same question as what vmaniks has also from my side :D

ranju
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ranju » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:47 pm

.177 and the suitcases were not marked.

Diana231
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Diana231 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi
Please give me a clear idea on the below
I dont have any membership in shooting club.I would like to import an air riffle Diana 350 Magnum Laminated [cal .177 , 1250 fps] from dubai to India ie, calicut airport (ccj). Is the above possible, since i dont have any membership if customs charge duty on above how much will be the duty & if they go for deal wood test will there be any problem.Please reply ASAP.

Thanking all,
Diana.

m_dhillon395
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by m_dhillon395 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:57 am

Hello Friends,
I really need your help.

I want to import a Crosman Remington Summit air rifle in India.

It is available in Kazakhstan and my uncle works there. He is returning next month so i can tell him to bring one...

But the problem is it comes with a scope and i have read that rifles with scopes in India are not allowed.

Please help guys and tell me what should i do so that i can have the pleasure to use this rifle..??

Please tell me all the important things that my uncle needs to do in order to bring one to India..!!

:)

Thanks,
Manbir Dhillon

rajiv22
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rajiv22 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:59 am

Hello IFGians and friends,
Thou i posted for a need of a air soft gun at buy-sell page of IFG, i never got an satisfied answer. :(
And so i am forced to ask some questions & doubts here. i hope i get one or some soon!!

I am too a lover of airsoft guns and airguns from childhood. 8)
I am from Chennai and Till yet i had bought some airsoft guns but all are low costed below Rs150 and are made of cheap plastics, single action and break off after almost 10 or max 15 shots. And do not last longer. :(

So i thought i could by a good strong gun made of metal. But recently i came across guns made of ABS plastic.

I am very much interested in buying AIRSOFT REVOLVERS. Gas or Electric would be good but i know getting them here is not that possible. So SPRING TYPE Is also good but i need them metal type or ABS P. i can afford upto Rs 3000.

Now my set of questions are -
1) Can i get a good Airsoft Revolver in Chennai? If yes, Where? Place? Shop? Mall? *pls dont say Asian air gun*
2) If i can't get in Chennai, Can i atleast get one from any other part of India? If yes Wer and how can i get from them? Contact details would be better..
If not in India-
3) Can i import Airsoft revolvers possibly a "UHC .357 Python 2.5 Spring Revolver, Black" or a "939 UHC 2.5 inch revolver, Black - 0.240 Caliber" into Chennai?

http://cgi.ebay.com/UHC-357-Python-2-5- ... 264wt_1139
(or)
http://www.20north.com/939-UHC-2-5-inch ... src=search

4) if yes, Which is best website which sells & Ships Airsoft revolvers to India (Chennai) without customs problem or late (Not more than 3months).
5) Are metal guns available and can i import them? If not, if i buy ABS type revolver, will it break off like the cheap airsoft gun do?

Please, help me... I dont need a rifle or a CO2 gas gun or AEG gun. Just a Spring revolver.. 8) Can i get in Chennai or import to Chennai without any shipping-customs problems... :?:
Thank you in advance!!!
:cheers:

logesh4u
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by logesh4u » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:36 pm

very very valuable sharing , Please help me i want to know what is the formality for opening a Armory

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:29 pm

Logesh: Armory is a good idea in Chennai.

Most of the Armories in Chennai mainly run business to deposit Guns and its mostly dumped into locker or cupboard and left to rust.

There is no specialized shop that handles 10M shooting accessories (Which can be imported or procured from dealers within India), Air Soft toys, Air Rifles and Air Pistols (Procured from renowned manufactures for aspiring young shooters), Fishing, etc.
Daystate Buckmaster (Limited Edition 70/100), Walther Dominator, Diana 350 Magnum, Weihrauch HW50, Harrington & Richardson 20 Guage

markvarma
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by markvarma » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:30 pm

hi,

My name is Varma Mantena , I am working in Muscat. oman
i am planning to buy one DIANA RWS350 .177 MAGNUM AIR RIFLE from one authorized shop here
i wanna bring it to india ...is there any problem in Hyderabad airport from the customs
plz guide me ...

regards
Varma Mantena

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Mark: Looks like you are duplicating your post.

1. You can buy rifle in the middle east
2. Check with your airline if they can checkin your air rifle
3. Are you a member of a NRAI club? (If NO be ready to gift the same to Customs)
4. Clear the customs when you land in India :roll:

Then you can shoot your rifle in India.

awini
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by awini » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:33 am

customs in delhi are asking for a licence these days, which the police refuse to give, so the gun will remain in customs, it will NOT be cleared
all thanks to the people for animals court judgement. anyone aware of whats the latest on that? hydrabad customs may be easier to deal with i suppose?
"Never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."-Winston Churchill

rajveer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rajveer » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:12 am

Dear awini,
is it your persenal experience or some of your near and dear one facing/faced this this situation.
kindly give an account of what really happend , or
is it an hear say ?
It will be a great help if you can provide fisrt hand experience of someone who was asked for a licence , who has imported airgunn.

Pls reply and with some facts.

awini
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by awini » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:26 am

rajveer wrote:Dear awini,
is it your persenal experience or some of your near and dear one facing/faced this this situation.
kindly give an account of what really happend , or
is it an hear say ?
It will be a great help if you can provide fisrt hand experience of someone who was asked for a licence , who has imported airgunn.

Pls reply and with some facts.
my mother got in a ruger airhawk elite .177 from the usa which is stuck in customs for almost a year, they have not released it for one reason or another, first they asked her to get a membership of a club, so she got membership of the NRAI, as recently as a few weeks ago when she went again to customs they cited a high court judgement asking for a licence from the Delhi police, so she went to the licencing dept of the Delhi police, who were bewildered at her request. they said that they cant issue a licence because it is not a firearm, and they have received no communication from the customs dept in this regard. both departments are not willing to give anything in writing so the harassment of a 75 year old woman continues!
"Never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."-Winston Churchill

vmanicks
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by vmanicks » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Awini,

Ruger Airhawk costs about $120+ but after 1 year you will have a ware house charges of Rs50,000 Plus to be paid to customs if you want this shipment to be cleared.

Battling between Delhi customs and Police is one task. Making them understand is another big deal.