Need help in buying CO2 powered air-pistol

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
hocuspocus
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Need help in buying CO2 powered air-pistol

Post by hocuspocus » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:46 am

Hi Lesnar,

I went to states last year and it was my dream to get a airgun/BB gun from there. However, since i didn't had any info on customer regulations and US travel safety norms, I just lost hope.

As a matter of fact, one of my friends is working in the US army and gave info that we can buy the BB/pellet gun and take it to india provided we follow the safety regulations. He guided me to the travel safety authority website and I followed the protocol.

I bought a crossman C11 gun with 40 CO2 powerlets and 5000 copper leads, stuffed them in the checked in baggage and locked it. Once i reached airport, I declared it to the airlines who asked me to get the baggage checked with TSA personnel. They looked at it and kept the baggage and asked me to collect the baggage at delhi airport. The point to note is that the gun was in the company sealed package and i didn't open it. The cost for gun 40$, CO2 powerlets 45$ and 5000 copperheads 15$.

Upon reaching delhi airport, while going through customs, i didn't declare it as I was not sure of the procedure and the custom office asked my baggage to be scanned. All three items, the C11 gun, powerlets and the copper pellets were passed through and I walked by happily.

My friend will be visiting states in a month and i've asked him to get the powerlets for me too. Based on my experience, he will also get a gun for himself.

Will let u know once he comes back.

regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
TheGunsOfThePatriots
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by TheGunsOfThePatriots » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:01 am

@ Lesnar 1234

I was a professional shooter for 8 years, so let me tell you the bottom line of co2 pistol. If you need accuracy for practice n competitions buy a professional co2 pistol like walther, feinwerbau or Pardini. These pistols have zero zero accuracy label n are able to shoot 80 shots without compromising accuracy. If you want the blow black n looks then you can buy anything as pistol apart from these brands can be said as low quality fun toys.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:00 pm

TheGunsOfThePatriots wrote:@ Lesnar 1234

I was a professional shooter for 8 years, so let me tell you the bottom line of co2 pistol. If you need accuracy for practice n competitions buy a professional co2 pistol like walther, feinwerbau or Pardini. These pistols have zero zero accuracy label n are able to shoot 80 shots without compromising accuracy. If you want the blow black n looks then you can buy anything as pistol apart from these brands can be said as low quality fun toys.
@TheGunsOfThePatriots - While I am not a professional shooter, to the best of my (limited) knowledge shooters are no longer using CO2 air-rifles or air-pistols for competitive shooting; pneumatic (compressed air) air-rifles/ air-pistols seem to be par for the course now.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

satyajeet yadav
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by satyajeet yadav » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:19 am

gverma
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by gverma » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi

No one uses CO2 pistols for competitive shooting because there accuracy varies with temperature.

Gaurav