Air Guns from Dubai

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:09 am

Shahid bhai
one of my close friend starting this week to dubai for his job.he agreed me to purchase a .177 airrifle and send through post for me as i have rifle club membership here .
I am not looking for a dubai dealer who send air gun to india ,it is my friend who is willing to send by post..
Shahid bhai I just want to know whether my friend can purchase a airgun and send to me via post in dubai like normal goods.

thanks
sankar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

For Advertising mail webmaster
shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:58 pm

I will find out from Empost and let you know here on the same thread.

At your end in Tamil Nadu speak with DHL/ UPS or FEDEX as to whether their branch in Dubai will accept such a package.

I guess a Diana carton is good enough to withstand courier transport, but it better be wrapped in an air bubble pack as well for safety and be transported as fragile goods.

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:53 pm

Shahid bhai
i mailed dhl and fedex here. no reply from dhl and fedex replied that
"Thank you for writing to FedEx.

With reference to your email, I regret to inform you that air gun is prohibited In FedEx network so you won't be able to ship the same from Dubai to India ."

Any information from empost shahid bhai

thanks
sankar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

R-Dhillon
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Air Guns from Dubai

Post by R-Dhillon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:41 am

Dear Shahid,
I dont know much about air rifles but just that I own an IHP 35 .177 and a "desi" .22 rifle...I need a gud .22 rifle that would be useful in (Edited:Please be advised that hunting is illegal in India and indulging in any such activity will land you in more trouble than you would like to deal with.I suggest you go through the previous posts on this forum before you seek advise.Loads of information there.This is your first caution.Thanks.-Moderator) are all of them single shot break opens??...if they come in lever action or semi-auto...Since u know a lot about them, please choose one that will suit my purpose...
TC...

shahid

Post by shahid » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:27 am

Many models inclusive of Break Barrel, underlever, sidelever or psp are available. Be speciic..

Follow theadvice of the mderators - do not write about hunting in India on IFG. International hunting is fine.

R-Dhillon
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by R-Dhillon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:46 pm

Ohkay...I'll go for an underlever action .22....and a nice scope for it...again I dont know much about scopes either so you suggest one...

Rottmeister
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Rottmeister » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:04 pm

Shahid Mniya,

Pls let me know how I can send you the payments for a S&W 586 - 6 CO2 air pistol. I prefer Paypal, but would like to hear from you.
The clash of honor calls -
To stand, when others fall.

jd
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jd » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:18 pm

To All seniors
Can anybody give the correct address and phone no. of dealers in Dubai. Also can you suggest the best 0.177 cab Air Pistol/Co2 available in Dubai

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:51 pm

striker be assured that importing an air rifle thruogh chennai is next to impossible irrespective of what others say. isuggest you to visit the customs office and find out before ordering one
regs
sudhaiob

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:54 pm

the tone of r-dhillon's letter suggested he wanted a .22 rifle and not an air rifle
regs
sudhaiob

OhGod424
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by OhGod424 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:13 pm

striker";p="47961 wrote: Shahid bhai
i mailed dhl and fedex here. no reply from dhl and fedex replied that
"Thank you for writing to FedEx.

With reference to your email, I regret to inform you that air gun is prohibited In FedEx network so you won't be able to ship the same from Dubai to India ."

Any information from empost shahid bhai

thanks
sankar
Even I wrote to FedEx/DHL here (I also have a corporate account with them!) but they gave me the same BS reply. Get your source in Dubai to find out if they carry to India because FedEx/DHL will only accept shipment from origin if they can deliver it without hassles at point of delivery.

Regards

Akshat

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:41 pm

sudhaiob";p="48995 wrote: striker be assured that importing an air rifle thruogh chennai is next to impossible irrespective of what others say. isuggest you to visit the customs office and find out before ordering one
regs
sudhaiob
sudha sir
As a memebr of district rifle club member i get the previlage to import .177 caliber airgun as per exim policy notification-12 (re-2005)2004-09 .
and also exim notification 21/2008 also states that chapter 93 (deals with .177 airrifle import) is freed from standard duty & additional duty howver
cvd is applicable on this item approx 14-15%.

The above exim policy issued by government should be followed by custums all over india.

Thats true it is safe to enquire the chennai custums before import.i will take it in action.

thanks
sankar

R-Dhillon
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by R-Dhillon » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:11 am

Well Sudhaiob,
If I would want a .22 rimfire, I would say RIMFIRE...n I want an air rifle....

dirtydemon
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Airgunners Frm Dubai

Post by dirtydemon » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:20 am

Hi all! Josef here frm dubai, I wud like to knw if there r any mmbrs who r frm dubai and r into airguns. I've got a Gamo shadomatic, kindly lemme knw wer u guys play wit ur babes! Lookn frwd to hear frm u all!

Rgds

Jozef
(Edited:Please do not post your contact details in the public forum.Use PM. Sorry, to come down on you on your first post, but

1.Please delete this post, introduce yourself in the introductions section,familiarise with the boards and then start posting.

2.Please avoid "text/SMS language and use proper English so that it is easy for every one to understand.Thank you.Moderator)

TEJINDER S WAHI
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by TEJINDER S WAHI » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:11 pm

Dear Shahid,
I am starting for Dubai to day night by jazzeera, nd likly to be there by tomorrow , please tell me how to contact you . am to be there for 7/8 days mission is to know more about air guns in Dubai.
My contact no is (No contact information on public forums please-Moderator)), the no is of the person i am staying with, Harjot Singh.
Regards.
Tjinder s wahi
:D