Open sight plinking....what's your best?

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Open sight plinking....what's your best?

Post by moulindu » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:30 pm

brihacharan wrote:This is an in-explicable malady (I mean AR shooting)
> Just like any other game...there are days when anything you aim & shoot at hits 'bulls eye'
> Then there are others - when getting a 1" group or plinking a beer / deo can at 20yds just doesn't happen
Briha
Absolutely Brihaji there are days when you know the time you pull the trigger that its going to be a hit & in other days when everything you shoot you miss. My trick is in bad days i stop shooting the very moment when i feel nothing is going right, try to figure out the glitches & get back after 3-4 hrs, when the frustration is out of the system. Bu t my problem is with paper target irrespective of good or bad days i cant hit less than half of an inch at 15 yds offhand, where i have seen people hitting 5 pellet string within 8mm ctc with TX at same distance. I guess for me paper targets are harder than plinking targets for some reason, but i dont know why :evil:
regards Moulindu

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi Molindu,
> Here are some tips that you may find useful while Paper Target Shooting....
Top 10 tips for accurate air-gun shooting
http://www.airgunmagazine.co.uk/.../top ... ing-with-p...

> Today was one of those days that turned out to be quite satisfying...
> Following a sudden urge to 'Plink' (7am in the morning!!!) I took out all my 3 ARs and what with a handy empty shaving foam can lying around, I let go 15 pellets (5 each through each of the ARs) at 25ft - Hand Held using 15gr Precihole pellets.
> Managed a 1" group!!! Absolute 'Nirvana' :D
Briha

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:10 pm

Wow !!
Why did you spare the cap ? for tomorrow ??

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:26 am

Basu wrote:Wow !!
Why did you spare the cap? for tomorrow ??
Basu
> Just let it be "to lend a bit of dignity" ....like "good soldiers pass away with their boots on" :D
Briha

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:15 pm

Nice shooting Brihaji & thanx for the journal it is informative though it was meant for PCP but i got the general idea. I want to know what according to you is an easier target to hit , a paper target or a plinking target. Say getting a half inch group at paper at a certain distance or hitting a half inch plinking target consistently at same distance & stance. Would be interesting to get the inputs from other members as well.
Regards Moulindu

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:27 pm

moulindu wrote:Nice shooting Brihaji & thanx for the journal it is informative though it was meant for PCP but i got the general idea. I want to know what according to you is an easier target to hit , a paper target or a plinking target. Say getting a half inch group at paper at a certain distance or hitting a half inch plinking target consistently at same distance & stance. Would be interesting to get the inputs from other members as well.
Regards Moulindu
> IMHO - this problem could be solved by shooting at 'animal silhouettes' with a 'Red Dot' stuck on it....see image attached....
> Its a matter of 'psyching' oneself to get over the 'phobia' between paper targets with black bulls eye & a beer / deo can....
> Another alternative is to stick a large red bindi on the beer / Deo can & shoot.....
> Paper Target Shooting is a serious affair while Plinking is just plain Fun...
> Either way if you want to get 1/2" groups on paper targets & Beer Cans try my suggestion....
> Give it a try.....worked with me :D

Good Luck :D
Briha

Mozzad
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Mozzad » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Distance of 50m is a bit too long, 10 m 9/10 with a co2 airpistol.

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:34 pm

hi
Did some shooting yesterday with new tin of JSB Exact 4.52, 8.44 pellets. Since the scope was earlier zeroed with precipell pellets so with JSBs there was 6mm difference in the POI. So by dialing 5 clicks on elevation the scope was bang on. Got the tiniest group ever for 5 pellet string at distance of 20yds, bench rested.
Regards Moulindu

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:22 pm

Dear Moulindu,
Hope it is by TX 200.
At 20 yds , this stands out ,even with bench rest.
To repeat the same , difficult.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............