The most powerful air rifle... Anybody???

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
nash
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: The most powerful air rifle... Anybody???

Post by nash » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:46 pm

eljefe wrote:Nash, You have a bit of a problem here; one of our posters, Atanu, was carded for supporting Tirths, who was asked to cease and desist from coming on IFG, FOR COUNTERFEITING airgun parts of a reputable manufacturer-MACCARI,in USA.

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 280#p99280

Could be a bad case of sour grapes, but Atanu has PM'ed me to ask whether IFG will be warning you for mentioning tirth. Please consider this a warning without a yellow card...

Hey Atanu, Happy? :mrgreen:

here's atanu's PM:

Re: Board warning issued

Sent: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:49 pm
To: eljefe
Hi Dr. eljefe,

Will you now now issue a warning to this guy for mentioning Tirths in the forum as recently as June 08, 2010?? :(

BR// Atanu

nash"Posted on June 08, 2010]HI Tirths.... This is nash here from Chennai...

I'm planning to buy a PCP Imported air rifle.. kindly guide me / help me / get me one...

Thanks and regards....
[/quote]

Hey guyz i'm extremely sorry if i've done anything wrong by mentioning tirth's name in my posts.... actually i'm new to the forum and didn't know about its rules and regulations.... i never meant to go agains't the forum's rules... sorry again guys!!!

I'll surely take due care hereafter!!!

Thanks...
"I would rather be hated for who I am..
Than be loved for who I am not"

For Advertising mail webmaster
scorpio2007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by scorpio2007 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:03 pm

Ok. Here is my first post and thanks to everyone for great suggestions and that helped a lot. I am basically from Chennai and I am a newbie wrt to air guns and sadly i was not aware of this forum, before I made my first purchase.

So my story goes like this. We went on a vacation to Coorg last week, and while driving through the streets of Madikeri, I found a shop (Prabakar Bandarkar) that was selling guns. I had no idea about the brands and hence ended up buying an air rifle which i thought was 'good' and 'accurate'. Returned to Bangalore to try it out and after the 5th pellet, the pellets got stuck inside the barrel. The gun i had bought was from Gift Industries, Kolkata and seem to be well made and I paid Rs. 5000 for the same (got some nice scoldings from my wife for wasting such a big money on a toy).

So returned back to Chennai this Monday and started going through this forum and learnt a lot of details around various brands/models etc. Now I need to fix mine. So I googled around to see if I find some gunsmiths who can fix this problem. I spoke to Sathya (mentioned below) and he was kind enough to invite me to his shop.

So went there and showed him the gun and he said he would charge Rs. 750 as service charge plus whatever it takes to take the pellets out. He also said that barrel would lose its shine as he has to heat to take the pellets out. He also said it was mainly due to washers that went bad. When I told him how much I paid, he said 'that is cheap' :-)

Needless to say, I was very upset. But I asked if there is a way I can buy another one from him after exchanging mine. He said, no issues. I wanted the IHP 35 and I got the same reply that it is not sold anywhere :-(

Tried the ESA ones and really fell in love with Model 75 for the accuracy and power. He said 18k for that and offered to take back mine for 4k. Got 10% discount and got the carry bag free. Came back home and shooting everyday and loving the toy. It is very consistent and accurate. But hurts a bit due to its weight and trigger is a bit tough. Overall, I have nothing to complain except for the price I had to pay and the ESA brand (?!).

Why is that no one is talking about this ESA brand :-)

nash wrote:Hi guys... yesterday i went to Sambandam & Co. in Ellis Road, Triplicane.

Met a guy called Sathya there....(Claims to be a National Shooting Champion)...

I asked for National rifles... but to my utter surprise that guy said... IHP doesnt make rifles anymore and the production was stopped long back... I was dumbstuck and didn't know what to say.... anyways... i knew what i was upto.... so asked for other brands...

He Showed me 3 different brands... but first i asked for the Diana Model which he claimed he had...

The gun he showed me looked quite nice on the hindsight... it had a scope mounted on it... but didn't have any logo or emblem or even a name printed on it... i was wondering whether its actually a diana.... asked for the price.... he first said 70k then said 65k.... i'll post the pics of the model.... the excitement with which i went there to see my Diana all vanished in a jiffy...

Then i asked for other brands.....they only have .22 cal models.... first he showed me a ESA Air Rifles.... priced 15K.... looked like a powerful gun... but cant really say it was any better than IHP .22.... tried a few shot inside.... indeed felt very powerful and accurate... The barrel and gauge was really superb.. and gives u a feel of balance and power....... but again.. the price!!!!

Then he showed another brand... Layon Air Rifles.... nothing worth mentioning.... looked dead as a rubber....

Then he showed me another brand.... Power Air Rifles..... it also looked powerful and balance... Priced 11.5K.... didn't feel like giving it a try....

I told him I liked ESA and asked for discount.... and after much bargaining he agreed for a Max of 10% Dis.... as i wasn't interested at the first place... i told him... i'll come tomorrow and left....

One thing is for sure when it comes to Namma Chennai...... like Santosh said.... the armouries in chennai try to rip u apart.....

anyways... i've placed an order for National .22 with Aimco Calcutta.. and have started the count down for its arrival

Just have a look at this link guyz. Its FX Monsoon Air gun... This is what i call The most powerful airgun...

Absolutely Amazing gun.... and a great video... superb picturisation..... just lovely...

@ SANTOSH & HVJ1

Yeah very true guys... i know i'm kinda gettin a bit too excited.... but such is my love for Diana my princess!!!

Anyways i've zeroed in on buying National 35 .22 cal from Aimco Calcutta and have already placed my order with them....

But i wanna show u guyz why i love diana so much.... here are the list of Diana models.. jus have a look at them and be ready to get mesmerised by its true beauty!!!! Someday hopefully I'll own one of those...Insha Allah!!

Thanks guyz.... here are the pictures....

( Note: Only the First Four Pictures are taken @ Sambandam & Co. Rest are from the official site of Diana Air Rifles)
Thanks
/Prabu

FPSRussia
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FPSRussia » Thu May 31, 2012 6:22 pm

scorpio2007 wrote:Ok. Here is my first post and thanks to everyone for great suggestions and that helped a lot. I am basically from Chennai and I am a newbie wrt to air guns and sadly i was not aware of this forum, before I made my first purchase.

So my story goes like this. We went on a vacation to Coorg last week, and while driving through the streets of Madikeri, I found a shop (Prabakar Bandarkar) that was selling guns. I had no idea about the brands and hence ended up buying an air rifle which i thought was 'good' and 'accurate'. Returned to Bangalore to try it out and after the 5th pellet, the pellets got stuck inside the barrel. The gun i had bought was from Gift Industries, Kolkata and seem to be well made and I paid Rs. 5000 for the same (got some nice scoldings from my wife for wasting such a big money on a toy).

So returned back to Chennai this Monday and started going through this forum and learnt a lot of details around various brands/models etc. Now I need to fix mine. So I googled around to see if I find some gunsmiths who can fix this problem. I spoke to Sathya (mentioned below) and he was kind enough to invite me to his shop.

So went there and showed him the gun and he said he would charge Rs. 750 as service charge plus whatever it takes to take the pellets out. He also said that barrel would lose its shine as he has to heat to take the pellets out. He also said it was mainly due to washers that went bad. When I told him how much I paid, he said 'that is cheap' :-)

Needless to say, I was very upset. But I asked if there is a way I can buy another one from him after exchanging mine. He said, no issues. I wanted the IHP 35 and I got the same reply that it is not sold anywhere :-(

Tried the ESA ones and really fell in love with Model 75 for the accuracy and power. He said 18k for that and offered to take back mine for 4k. Got 10% discount and got the carry bag free. Came back home and shooting everyday and loving the toy. It is very consistent and accurate. But hurts a bit due to its weight and trigger is a bit tough. Overall, I have nothing to complain except for the price I had to pay and the ESA brand (?!).

Why is that no one is talking about this ESA brand :-)
Don't want to offend you, but this is how unscropulous people lie to their customers. The price of first rifle you bought was OK if not reasonable. But I cant believe that he asked 750rs [plus] heating the barrel to get the pellet out.

I have seen Esa air rifles and they look good but dont even worth 8k let alone 18k.. He must have repaired the GIFT air rifle for Nutts(that too without heating the barrel) and sold that for 10k(Given the treacherous nature of his)...

Regards and stay away from such guys..

S

scorpio2007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by scorpio2007 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:43 pm

FPSRussia wrote: Don't want to offend you, but this is how unscropulous people lie to their customers. The price of first rifle you bought was OK if not reasonable. But I cant believe that he asked 750rs [plus] heating the barrel to get the pellet out.

I have seen Esa air rifles and they look good but dont even worth 8k let alone 18k.. He must have repaired the GIFT air rifle for Nutts(that too without heating the barrel) and sold that for 10k(Given the treacherous nature of his)...

Regards and stay away from such guys..

S
Yes, you are absolutely right and no doubts on him repairing and reselling it. I had to get rid of it and hence did not find any other way :-(

He showed receipts for 15-20k that he sold to others. My only question is that do they (ESA) cost so much? Why no one in this forum seem to be even mentioning that brand?
Thanks
/Prabu

1974Phantom
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by 1974Phantom » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Guys I recently purchased the IHP35 for 7.2K came with cover and 500 .22 wadcutter type pelllets along for the price. IHP rifles are available in Mumbai I also checked their website the dealer info is available http://indianhumepipe.com/Products/Spor ... x#6...Also accuracy is superb I shot a rat from distance of 50 feet approx nice gun I only wish I could get a good quality scope for a lesser cost.

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:55 pm

Not all those wander , are lost...............

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:40 pm

Dear scorpio,
ESA is a Kolkata made AR and the cost should be max Rs 4000/-.
I suggest new buyers just to read various valuable posts where they can not only get a better idea but also name of outlets where they can get it at reasonable price.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

scorpio2007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by scorpio2007 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:35 pm

Now I am wiser than before [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH][SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] Learnt not to trust any local Armories. Can't blame anyone else but me for my ignorance. Now i have a lot of guidance from senior shooters and coaches from my range.
Thanks
/Prabu