Comtech Stinger & Other Impact Weapons

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Re: Comtech Stinger & Other Impact Weapons

Post by Moin. » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:06 am

essdee1972 wrote:Sorry for going OT, but, Moin & Doc, I got the Rott (he's called Jojo) neutered on advice from vet. He's a champ descendant too, daddy Indian champ called "Bronko von Hasen Hausen", Granpas intl champs. However, unlike popular opinion, Rotts are basically quite calm collected souls, unless you poke them. I took the baby (he's just 9 months, 38 kg) to a dog fair last weekend, he was probably the least excited dog around (barring a gigantic Great Dane, and another Rott). Even let total strangers pet him, except if the petting lasted for more than a minute or so, he'd make noises in his throat, which effectively put an end to the petting! Only got wild at the horses!! However, because most people cross the road rather than meet a Rottie face to face, I can't take him to most places. Hence the stinger, baton, etc.
Moin, H&H for pellets (dunno if they have knives, never been there!), Saleh for knives / baton. I got my Nieto, Vic, and sjambok from Saleh only. Just a suggestion, don't go to south Mumbai on this Sunday, chances are that you'll get stuck in the marathon. I am going Sat.
Lemme know if you get the baton.
Cheers!
EssDee
Hi Esdee, post some pics of Jojo, would love to see. I've read about Bronko, a legend in the rott lover fraternity. I'm sure jojo's got a wonderful bone structure and a massive head. Yes the marathon on Sunday, crazy people running 42 kms for fun :mrgreen: not my idea of fun :mrgreen:
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

For Advertising mail webmaster
Moin.

Post by Moin. » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:09 am

Rajat wrote:
Moin. wrote: How's the build quality of the ESP Batons ?
If its the original ESP then the baton should be Ok. Only problem is that the batons should be hardened otherwise they tend to bend / curve under heavy usage which is not needed unless in a situation where you really need to use it hard or if you are playing with it. The longer one that I see here is non hardened and its the shorter one which says "Hardened" and you definitely need more reach, leverage and clubbing power than the smaller one at Oliveplanet.
Thanks Rajat, not sure which brands are available in Mumbai. I'll try and plan a trip to Saleh, Tahir Arms etc and see what all's available.

Best Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:12 am

Prabhath wrote:Moin,

The build quality is excellent. You can google for reviews of the ESP batons. They are made in CZ. Agree with essdee about rotts. There are never bad dogs but bad owners. All a rott needs is proper socialization and a firm experienced hand.
Thank you for the feedback on ESP batons Prabhat. Absolutely, bad decision on my part to bring a rott home when I leave home at about 8 in the morning and come back by 9-10 in the night and my old mum all alone in the house. Have done many such really stupid mistakes :oops: Saddened me to teh bone to give him away.

Regards
Moin.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Visited Saleh Arms today. They had a couple of Chinese Collapsible Batons INR 1800 each. No literature or the oroginal packing so could not confirm if the mild steel was hardened or not. Was not at all impressed with the flimsy build quality so didnt pick one. Rajat as you have recommended Schrade, will try and source one somehow.

Rajat
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Rajat » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Moin. wrote: Rajat as you have recommended Schrade, will try and source one somehow.
The Schrade is good and I also own an ASP baton. ASP is one of the best too.

The other good ones are Bonowi / Camlock, Monadlock and the super heavy duty Peacekeeper RCB, Hardened ESP etc.

jayanta mukherjee
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jayanta mukherjee » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Did Saleh Arms get their clearance of the Cold Steels? Did you guys pick anything?
Well I also use a baton and it rides with me in the car. It has a very sentimental value as this belonged to my grandfather and came as a heirloom. But it is not a collapsible one. It was generally used in British Raj by the police and the resident attached with the zamindari had gifted it to him. Am sharing with you the picture and would in a few days attach some other pictures. It is built like a tank. :P

Moin regarding your qwery:- here is a link to an interesting clip:

But next month, am planning to get a new collapsible one. I will either opt for the Scrade S.W.A.T. 26 inchs or the Schrade S.W.A.T. 26" ones? Any suggestions which would be better.
Thanx in advance

Cheers,
Jayanta
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LAWYERS FIGHT FOR RIGHTS.... AN ARMED CITIZEN PROTECTS THEM
"GOD IS NOT ON THE SIDE OF THE BIGGEST BATTALIONS, BUT OF THE BEST SHOTS." ~ VOLTAIRE

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:04 am

jayanta mukherjee wrote:Did Saleh Arms get their clearance of the Cold Steels? Did you guys pick anything?
Well I also use a baton and it rides with me in the car. It has a very sentimental value as this belonged to my grandfather and came as a heirloom. But it is not a collapsible one. It was generally used in British Raj by the police and the resident attached with the zamindari had gifted it to him. Am sharing with you the picture and would in a few days attach some other pictures. It is built like a tank. :P

Moin regarding your qwery:- here is a link to an interesting clip:

But next month, am planning to get a new collapsible one. I will either opt for the Scrade S.W.A.T. 26 inchs or the Schrade S.W.A.T. 26" ones? Any suggestions which would be better.
Thanx in advance

Cheers,
Jayanta
Hi Jayanta, I may be wrong but I don't subscribe to these extreme destruction tests like the youtube link you posted or the ridiculous knife destruction tests on youtube. It's about using the right tools for the job. Why use a small 3 inch folder to Baton through a thick log or try and chop down a tree :mrgreen: when an axe will do the job faster. I am sure none o fthe avid outdoorsman are in a situation where they have to use a 3inch blade to whitlle fuzz sticks to filed dress game to chop down trees, similar with the baton. I am sure these are not designed nor meant to be hammered like this on hard concrete blocks...

Regards
Moin.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:20 am

Got me a Tactical Pen/Kubotan.. Poke and Run :mrgreen:

The glass breaker !!

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:48 am

Nice one there Moin :D
A 'Tactical' pen that can turn 'Practical' in times of need :lol:
Briha

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:24 pm

Nasty Knuckle Dusters in Solid Copper ( realized these are in copper after I tried sanding to take out the sharp edges).

Please note these are just out of theoretical interest in Non Lethal Weapons. Please do not carry knuckle dusters, can get you in real trouble so I've heard.

Regards
Moin

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:26 pm

brihacharan wrote:Nice one there Moin :D
A 'Tactical' pen that can turn 'Practical' in times of need :lol:
Briha
Thank you Brihasir :)

Regards
Moin

Rrahulkumar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rrahulkumar » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:51 pm

Moin. wrote:Nasty Knuckle Dusters in Solid Copper ( realized these are in copper after I tried sanding to take out the sharp edges).

Please note these are just out of theoretical interest in Non Lethal Weapons. Please do not carry knuckle dusters, can get you in real trouble so I've heard.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Regards
Moin
Lovely Moin.. Where did you get this piece from?

Cheers..!
RK

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:12 am

Rrahulkumar wrote:
Moin. wrote:Nasty Knuckle Dusters in Solid Copper ( realized these are in copper after I tried sanding to take out the sharp edges).

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Regards
Moin
Lovely Moin.. Where did you get this piece from?

Cheers..!
RK
Sent you a PM.
Regards
Moin.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:08 am

Moin, what's a nice guy like you doing with knucks labelled "HATE"???
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

harshit89
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by harshit89 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:59 am

I have a impact weapons which is not the exactly as comtech stinger. It is a push dagger which I think is the best impact knife and tactical one too.
Keep knives in your pocket and pray that you will never need it