Importing A PSE Crossbow

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
talha19in
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Importing A PSE Crossbow

Post by talha19in » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:07 am

Hi fellow IFGians,

I would like to know if its possible to Import a crossbow? I came to know that there is a 12% import duty on compound bows, is it same for crossbows? Has anyone imported a crossbow? Please enlightened me.

Regards,

Talha
"OWNING A GUN DOESN'T MAKE YOU ARMED ANYMORE THAN OWNING A GUITAR MAKES YOU A MUSICIAN"

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Importing A PSE Crossbow

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:03 pm

Yes you can certainly import a crossbow. I am not sure about % of duty for crossboys.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

talha19in
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by talha19in » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:01 am

Thnx Goodboy..

Any notification regarding the import or any one has done it , whome u know??
:D

cheers
Talha
"OWNING A GUN DOESN'T MAKE YOU ARMED ANYMORE THAN OWNING A GUITAR MAKES YOU A MUSICIAN"

Manga1313
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Manga1313 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:41 am

Little more info on taking a crossbow back home i mean to india from states or canada. Can that be done and do you need a licence in india to own one.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:58 am

Any notification regarding the import
There is no need of any notification for this. One of the objectives of Arms Act 1959 says:
“(a) to exclude knives, spears, bows and arrows and the like from the definition of
‘arms’.
A crossbow would fall in category of archery equipment like longbow/compound bow etc. These are not restricted items for import.
or any one has done it , whome u know??
Yes many have imported crossbows, if you search other threads in this forum you may find those people. I do not personally know anyone who has imported them. Personally I do not see there should be any problem importing crossbows. But would like to add that since you would be importing PSE crossbow, if it is something like TAC 15 Tactical Assault Crossbow with AR 15 receiver, it is better to be prepared beforehand to avoid harassment. Since it would have the deadly words "Tactical Assault" written on package instead of non deadly words like "Sporting Crossbow" and would also have deadly firearm "AR 15 receiver", some customs wisecrack may try to create problems. Be prepared in advance to convince them. I think it would be better to avoid the crossbow model that has AR 15 receiver. They seem to have other models that are equally good but without AR 15 receivers.
Little more info on taking a crossbow back home i mean to india from states or canada. Can that be done and do you need a licence in india to own one.
You can bring in crossbows. No you do not need any license for crossbows in India.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

talha19in
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by talha19in » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:06 pm

thnx for the info goodboy :D

CKAY
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Cross bow import ?

Post by CKAY » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:26 pm

Is import of Cross bows by courier/cargo route permitted ?
Input from members with experience or advice on how to import is solicited .Thanks.

JK

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cross bow import ?

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:42 pm

mr.jaideep,
if we can import an airrifle.i think we can import cross bow too.
if you need one let me know,i had seen one in an armoury.email me jk
regards

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Cross bow import ?

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Before creating a new thread please use the search box on the top right hand corner of this website. After just searching for "crossbow", it appears the topic is already discussed and answered. Crossbows can be imported. AFAIK the import policy for them is free and not restricted. You may confirm this by searching the following http://compendium.iift.ac.in/