Some new knives in my collection (pic heavy)

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Some new knives in my collection (pic heavy)

Post by Moin. » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:09 pm

The first one's a wonderful gift which I'll always treasure, a massive Khukri in Sankela Damascus, full tang, extended pommel acts as a counterweight to make it wonderfully balanced, modified quick draw sheath. Will let pics do the talking.

Last edited by Moin. on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

For Advertising mail webmaster
Moin.

Re: SOme new knives in my collection (pic heavy)

Post by Moin. » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:10 pm

The second knife's a Rough Rider, lovely drop point sharpened to a a razor's edge on my lansky kit, gorgeous burl wood scales with dark teak accents and a lanyard hole.

Last edited by Moin. on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Ahem, have I seen this somewhere? :wink:

If I remember correctly, the blade should have been chromed.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Katana wrote:Ahem, have I seen this somewhere? :wink:

If I remember correctly, the blade should have been chromed.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Yes Sir, should look familiar to you :mrgreen: I had the grease cleaned of it. Had a bit of pitting on the chromed portions in the handle, no chrome on the blade it self. I always keep all my knives covered with coconut oil as you have advised as the air where I stay is very corrosive ( swamp and old reclaimed dumping ground). I did'nt put an edge on it as did'nt want to riuin the Sankela rosettes and my lansky kit has it's limitations wrt to large sized blades.

Best Regards
Moin.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:42 pm

This knife needs no introduction, the Kabar Short in USMC Flavour...

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Here's one of my favourite tactical folders the Smith & Wesson Special Ops, suprisingly well built, very very nasty looking tanto blade and teh steel takes a wonderful edge. It's spring assisted but opens as fast as any automatic.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:50 pm

Here's a gift what my boss picked up for me from New Zealand. The damascus pattern on teh blade is laser etched. I had the cheesy looking scales removed on one side and had it sanded.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:54 pm

The GERBER 600 Multitool, single handed opening with a flick of the wrist, tool bit extensions, very nice carry case, replacable carbide cutters. Used this for for quite some time on on my my construction sites. Very very handy & useful tool....

The replacable carbide cutters as seen in this pic.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Here's a massive Simith & wesson Home Land Security Folder. The things heavy as hell, not for EDC....

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Some new knives in my collection (pic heavy)

Post by Katana » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:01 pm

I have a similar Gerber multi tool. Bought it from Singapore in 1994. Still carry it and use it everyday of my life! Just the knife blade is different. It's more of a clip point blade, otherwise the same. Its absolutely amazing what I have done with it, and it does it's job without and breakages or blunting of the blades etc. I disassemble it completely once a year, sort out each part and put it back together, that's all that is there to maintaining these.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:01 pm

Some Rampuri Chaku's picked up recently, pics posted in the Rampuri Thread as well...

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Katana wrote:I have a similar Gerber multi tool. Bought it from Singapore in 1994. Still carry it and use it everyday of my life! Just the knife blade is different. It's more of a clip point blade, otherwise the same. Its absolutely amazing what I have done with it, and it does it's job without and breakages or blunting of the blades etc. I disassemble it completely once a year, sort out each part and put it back together, that's all that is there to maintaining these.

These are very dependable specially for the price these come at. The Leatherman and the Victronox's may have better build quality (handled both recently) but are twice as expensive...... This one's pure value for money and I love teh way the pliers slide out with a flick of the wrist.

P.S: How do you disassemble these ?

Best Regards
Moin,

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:14 pm

To disassemble, remove the clips where you press to release the pliers. Everything will become lose. Then its just a matter of brains! ROTFL The springs are inside and can be easily put together again. No rocket science required. In fact you'll be surprised at how simple these are. Its the quality of the metal and finish that endears me to these multi tools.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:24 pm

Katana wrote:To disassemble, remove the clips where you press to release the pliers. Everything will become lose. Then its just a matter of brains! ROTFL The springs are inside and can be easily put together again. No rocket science required. In fact you'll be surprised at how simple these are. Its the quality of the metal and finish that endears me to these multi tools.

Thank you Sir :mrgreen: I'm couriering this to you if I'm unable to put in back again..lolllzzzz :lol:

Regards
Moin.

Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Katana » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Will do it, my friend. Am also about to complete restoration of a another friend's childhood Diana 27. These kind of 'projects' is what keeps me going in my spare time.

I only wish I had an armourer's license. :roll:

Right, here pics of mine. Basically the same with some minor differences. I believe this was the first model Gerber came out with, although I'm not sure. If you see the pic clearly, you will be able to make out extensive use this one has been through.
GerberMultitool 001 (Small).jpg
GerberMultitool 002 (Small).jpg
GerberMultitool 003 (Small).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Katana on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.