Should i buy this is it worth

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Chaitanya01
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Should i buy this is it worth

Post by Chaitanya01 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:36 pm

HI,

@Chombak thanks for all the suggestions will make sure to do all that from next time.
and i am not an expert but the knife and sheath finish is Pretty Good.

For Advertising mail webmaster
caracass77
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by caracass77 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi guys,

Posting here for the first time; been trolling the forum for quite some time and never got a chance to post. Wanted to properly introduce myself properly but no better time that now. But then I stumbled on this post and I HAD to reply. The sellers on that website (freaksnfools and some such), I have brought from couple of cheap knives. Of the two, one knife which was purported a Smith&Wesson knife (I mean who would sell it for 700/-?), but I bought it as a laugh.

The actual product was scratched and actually looked old and had hardly any edge on it. And, it looked cheap. After I gave the seller a mail-lashing and a negative rating (I refused to send it back, of course), he called and apologised and asked me to please make the rating to neutral since he said he was a new seller and it would hurt his reputation. And the promise that I would get a discount if I ever brought from them.

Now, to answer your question on how this guy is selling so cheap? I asked him the same question and he told me they are buying it directly from the factories of the original makers in China (since most of the knife-makers are now making their knives there). So maybe that is what it is. Oh yeah, I agree with most comments here, most of the stuff being sold on e-bay is kinda unreliable.

Cheers :) :)

choombak
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Should i buy this is it worth

Post by choombak » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:02 am

caracass77 wrote:Hi guys,

Posting here for the first time; been trolling the forum for quite some time and never got a chance to post. Wanted to properly introduce myself properly but no better time that now. But then I stumbled on this post and I HAD to reply. The sellers on that website (freaksnfools and some such), I have brought from couple of cheap knives. Of the two, one knife which was purported a Smith&Wesson knife (I mean who would sell it for 700/-?), but I bought it as a laugh.

The actual product was scratched and actually looked old and had hardly any edge on it. And, it looked cheap. After I gave the seller a mail-lashing and a negative rating (I refused to send it back, of course), he called and apologised and asked me to please make the rating to neutral since he said he was a new seller and it would hurt his reputation. And the promise that I would get a discount if I ever brought from them.

Now, to answer your question on how this guy is selling so cheap? I asked him the same question and he told me they are buying it directly from the factories of the original makers in China (since most of the knife-makers are now making their knives there). So maybe that is what it is. Oh yeah, I agree with most comments here, most of the stuff being sold on e-bay is kinda unreliable.

Cheers :) :)
He is selling it so cheap, one of the two reasons holds good:
1. It is counterfeit.
2. He obtained these when they were disc and sold cheap. Until last year, 25% was standard discount for BM on their msrp. Close-out items even deeply discounted.

caracass77
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by caracass77 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:37 am

Thank you sir Choombak,

I did learn my lesson. Though it IS alluring, to say the least. I did buy from cart2india, and I can say with confidence that it was a genuine product (please don't laugh) -- a Cold Steel light tanto. Made in Taiwan, but gosh, it was ready for some serious cutting action out of the box. Have made mincemeat using it, and it is as sharp. Six months on anyway. Yes, it was $$$$s, and what I could afford on a whim and a credit card, but wow.

Since then I won't buy Cold Steel, no offence to them, but well. I have read much more since then. :)

Shubir.

alameinite
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by alameinite » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi all,got a very negative feedback from a very close friend about counterfeits on ebay..he has bought a Boker MA something for Rs.1100 and now his cousin,who owns some genuine Boker blades has confirmed the counterfeit.
"The hills are barren, cold and steep, But I have promises to keep,
A lot to sweat , Before I sleep,...And Miles to run before I sleep.."
:cheers:

alameinite
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by alameinite » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:16 pm

$_3 (1).JPG
This is the one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alameinite
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by alameinite » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:21 pm

Luckily or unluckily,I had my eyes on this particular blade but now I am just trying to find out a way to positively spot and figure out fakes before purchase

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:59 pm

For me, it's knifecenter only! Expensive, yeah, so I'll buy once a year when my employers grant me my variable pay.

I might have less knives "when the call cometh", to leave it all to my descendants, but each will be a genuine piece!! (and just to make sure, I am getting my only descendant well interested in sharpies and bangies).
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:10 pm

essdee1972 wrote:For me, it's knifecenter only! Expensive, yeah, so I'll buy once a year when my employers grant me my variable pay.

I might have less knives "when the call cometh", to leave it all to my descendants, but each will be a genuine piece!! (and just to make sure, I am getting my only descendant well interested in sharpies and bangies).

Well Said :cheering:
Briha

alameinite
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by alameinite » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:18 pm

Well said sir,for that matter,the sellers listed with Junglee.com are also well credited.

Chaitanya01
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Chaitanya01 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi,

Even i wanted to buy Boker MA2 but sold out and is it confirmed that MA2 is counterfeit can you post some pics to verify and more details.

abhiram
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by abhiram » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:32 pm

essdee1972 wrote:For me, it's knifecenter only! Expensive, yeah, so I'll buy once a year when my employers grant me my variable pay.

I just noticed in Knifecenter that for benchmade knives, it shows "U S Shipping only". By anychance somebody ordered a benchmade recently from KnifeCenter?

Or is there another option for Benchmades?

Regards,

Abhiram

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
- In Omnia Paratus -

abhiram
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by abhiram » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:51 am

Got the following reply just now from KnifeCenter:

" Unfortunately, we cannot ship Benchmade internationally at this time per Benchmade corporate policy. "

So that answers my question. :(

Regards,

Abhiram

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
- In Omnia Paratus -

Rrahulkumar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Rrahulkumar » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:04 am

I too have been eyeing the Boker MA2 since quite some time

The one listed on knifeCentre is made in China as is the one sold by this particular seller on eBay so I'm not sure if the ones available in USA would be really a different quality.

I had earlier bought a S&W tanto neck knife from this seller and it is my current EDC. It seems very good quality till now (been using it since two months), has held the edge pretty good and is strong as hell for a knife that size

Really not sure if the Boker MA2 offered by him is fake or is bought under some heavy discount or the excess stock obtained from the OEM in China. .

@caracass77 if u are referring to the S&W HRT claw neck knife, I have seen its reviews on YouTube and it's a crap knife,
even the ones bought in the USA..!!

I have asked Chaitanya to give feedback on his Harley Davidson tether knife so we can actually judge the quality of this Boker MA2 offered by this seller. .

Hoping to get a reply soon from him as well as some word of advise from the veterans here on this

anonymusneo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by anonymusneo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:25 pm

just ordered the one around 300-400 , i never owned one , i was like "so what" :D
so precious shiny new object
and a paracord bracelet