Knives like Rambo's

All Things Sharp and Pointed: compound and crossbows, knives and swords.
Sourojit
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Knives like Rambo's

Post by Sourojit » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:06 pm

Does anyone know whether designs like the ones below are available in any shop or online in India now?

I am not looking for an exact copy ,because they are movie props and were limited edition, but is there any manufacturer who makes knives similar to those?And maybe also a holster to hide it under the trouser leg?

And do you know whether Victorinox Pocket knives can be purchased online and shipped to India?Do the Customs people allow that or are they available in India?

Thanks!! :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Give me blood,I will give you freedom."
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Knives like Rambo's

Post by Vikram » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:41 pm

Sourojit wrote:And maybe also a holster to hide it under the trouser leg?
You may really want to reconsider it. If you get caught with something like that, the repercussions can be unpleasant.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Sourojit
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Sourojit » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:52 pm

Yeah well I know that.. Vikram.
So what I am looking for is a smaller knife,not one as big as Rambo's which was probably 9 inches long.
I am looking at 5 inches or so.One with style , like Rambo's.
"Give me blood,I will give you freedom."
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose

Ramandeep
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ramandeep » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:20 pm

Check http://www.oliveplanet.in they were selling the licensed make of Rambo knives.
Last edited by Ramandeep on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 shot 1 kill!

abhiram
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by abhiram » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:09 pm

Victorinox knives are available in many Indian ecommerce websites itself. And yes, they can be purchased online from international stores who ships to India. Customs does allow multitools and pocket knives.
- In Omnia Paratus -

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:04 am

Oliveplanet seems to be going belly up - many items (including the Rambo knives) are out of stock for last few months.

Sourijit, Victorinox are available at Basecamp stores, most gun sellers, as well as Amazon (dot in). Even flipkart and snapdeal have them. Just don't go for eBay - you'll likely end up with a fake.

You can look at the old favourite - knifecenter - for a Rambo type shorter blade. Or you can try Muelas from Basecamp or Nietos from most gunshops. They aren't the best there is, but they do have that serrated back!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:25 pm

Sourojit wrote:Yeah well I know that.. Vikram.
So what I am looking for is a smaller knife,not one as big as Rambo's which was probably 9 inches long.
I am looking at 5 inches or so.One with style , like Rambo's.
as Vikram pointed out in a very subtle manner there will be very unpleasant reprecussions if caught with a 5 inch fixed blade concealed like that. Even from a self defense perspective for which a knife is not a suitable choice unless you are trained to use it in a offensive or defensive manner, wearing it in ankle holster like fashion is not an ideal place to wear it if you want easy access. How do you plan to draw it in lets say a SHTF situation.

Therefore please do not try such things. VIC SAKs are brilliant edc blades. You can get them in all basecamp stores or large malls.

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

painn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by painn » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Moin,

Thanks for sounding that note of caution. Fully endorse what you said.

muthu
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by muthu » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:50 pm

Vikram,
I do have a 11 inch knife,
6 inch blade and 5 inch handle
i use it for treks
Do i need to possess any license for carrying this at times of trekking ?
If so, what is the procedure for it ?
Please help as nowadays while traveling in train, most stations have scanners.

I do not want to get into trouble at the neck of the movement while traveling in and around India.

I live in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu,
Purchase docs not available as it is around 15 + years old.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:12 am

muthu wrote:Vikram,
I do have a 11 inch knife,
6 inch blade and 5 inch handle
i use it for treks
Do i need to possess any license for carrying this at times of trekking ?
If so, what is the procedure for it ?
Please help as nowadays while traveling in train, most stations have scanners.

I do not want to get into trouble at the neck of the movement while traveling in and around India.

I live in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu,
Purchase docs not available as it is around 15 + years old.
Hi Muthu

I'll take the liberty of pasting this link here where all your doubts have been clarified by GBM

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16750

P.S: The 9 inch referred in the Arms act is the blade length i.e excludes the length of the handle.

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:42 am

Where any person is found carrying or conveying any arms or ammunition whether covered by a licence or not, in such manner or under such circumstances as to afford just grounds of suspicion that the same are or is being carried by him with intent to use them, or that the same may be used, for any unlawful purpose, any magistrate, any police officer or any other public servant or any person employed or working upon a railway, aircraft, vessel, vehicle or any other means of conveyance, may arrest him without warrant and seize from him such arms or ammunition.  

The above's from the arms act chapter iv, section 20.
Last edited by Moin. on Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:10 am

Without warrant : (without using discretionary power) 

Section 41 (1) (a) : The police officer may arrest any person who commits in his presence a cognizable offenceSection 41(1) (ba) : The police officer may arrest any person who commits any cognizable offence punishable with an imprisonment of a period more than 7 years.{5}Section 41(1)(c to i) :  The police officer may arrest without warrant under the circumstances mention in sub clauses c to i.

Section 42 : The police officer may arrest a person who commit in his presence a non cognizable offence and refuses to give his name and address.

Section 151 :A police officer knowing of a design to commit any cognizable offence may arrest without the orders/ warrant from a Magistrate as a preventive action to maintain law and order . Without warrant (with discretionary power)

P.S: Please go through the existing threads on similar subject in this section of IFG. People like GoodboyMentor have spent considerable time and energy educating us all on the legal aspects of possesing sharp and edged weapons and blades.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:13 am

Section 151 in The Code Of Criminal Procedure, 1973

151. Arrest to prevent the commission of cognizable offences.

(1) A police officer knowing of a design to commit any cognizable offence may arrest, without orders from a Magistrate and without a warrant, the person so designing, if it appears to such officer that the commission of the offence cannot be otherwise prevented.

The above for those with the itch to wear Rambo knives in ankle holsters :) :) lolll...

caracass77
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by caracass77 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Also depending on WHO you are dealing with and the officer's mood. I (imported) a khukri from Delhi to Bombay, thanks to one jolly chap in uniform. Well, not that jolly! :))