Problem with IOF 32 S.W Long Ammo

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Problem with IOF 32 S.W Long Ammo

Post by TC » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:36 pm

ashokgodara wrote:hi TC
it seems problem can be in revolvers too.one of my friend have 2013 model revolver.he called me and told only one cartridge fired out of six and when he tried these missed cartridges in his father revolver that too iof make all fired.have seen a guy how gone to kanpur factory3 times for misfire problem and problem remains unsolved thanks.
ashokgodara wrote:no nothing else. problem lies in 2013 model pistols.i have not encoutered any problem like big rims etc thanks
It seems 13 is indeed an unlucky number for users of IOF products

TC

For Advertising mail webmaster
Amit357
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Amit357 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:17 pm

TC wrote:
ashokgodara wrote:hi TC
it seems problem can be in revolvers too.one of my friend have 2013 model revolver.he called me and told only one cartridge fired out of six and when he tried these missed cartridges in his father revolver that too iof make all fired.have seen a guy how gone to kanpur factory3 times for misfire problem and problem remains unsolved thanks.
ashokgodara wrote:no nothing else. problem lies in 2013 model pistols.i have not encoutered any problem like big rims etc thanks
It seems 13 is indeed an unlucky number for users of IOF products

TC
TC,IMHO IOF is unlucky for any user,i know this will get a lot of flak but then as i said its MHO.IOF users nightmare/mistry's Delight

shooter.177cal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by shooter.177cal » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:44 pm

Dear Amit,

I have personally fired 120 cartridges continuously in IOF .32. I encountered no problem at all. NOT at all, after all it is a revolver (based on Webley Mechanism).

Either the ammo which you are using, has been reloaded (but that does not happen much) or ammo is old, maybe that's why it is leaving mush residue. (IOF .32 fresh ammo is corrosive so residue from new IOF ammo should also not be a surprise.)

As far as ejecting is concerned, if cylinder rod is not operating freely, that might be the cause and not the cartridges. (i am assuming that your astra revolver is not break action self extracting, as I have not seen astra revolver)

:skeet:
For those thing how I got 120 cartridges, shooters have bigger quota. Although, .32 IOF is not a competition approved revolver but no one stops you from having fun at shooting range, ofcourse, you will not qualify.
Last edited by shooter.177cal on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ajaaybeer
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ajaaybeer » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:08 pm

I have gone through this thread about defective .32 long K.F ammo . It seems that they have inherent problem of ejection now. I have sourced 2017 batch ammo stressing about jamming of ammo and defective batches of 2013.
But it seems 2017 batch also suffers same problem. I bought it in march 2018 and the cartridge shell expands after firing . I do not have a action picture of heated and freshly fired shells but i tried putting them back (empty shells ) but they wont go into the revolver both IOF or Webley.
Maybe as quoted above they have altered the charge or else they have started using thinner brass shells which expands more.
I would appreciate any accurate knowledge on the subject.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a WELL-ARMED lamb contesting the vote!

BENJAMIN FRANKLIN