.22 bullet by ordnance factory

Ammunition, accessories and shooting-related gear & equipment - including Optics and Sights.
cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

.22 bullet by ordnance factory

Post by cherian.k.k » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:30 pm

hello all
when i was checking the ordnance factory web site . i noticed that under link which gives particulars of the .22 bullet.they have given details of 4 type of .22 bullet. to the best of my knowledg. there is only one type they are making. are they these also.please check this http://ofbindia.gov.in/products/data/am ... /sc/11.htm
cherian.k.k

For Advertising mail webmaster
cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cherian.k.k » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:04 pm

so they are making these stuff? will all the dealers be getting it,have used or seen any?
cherian.k.k

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:11 pm

Cherian ,
the right person asking these questions should be the Comptroller General of India...how many more generations will the IOFB continue to pull the wool over the Indian public's eyes?
They should go the way of ambassador and padmini fiat...relics of another age.
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:09 am

Very intresting.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:32 pm

cherian.k.k";p="35102 wrote: so they are making these stuff? will all the dealers be getting it,have used or seen any?
cherian.k.k
One friend of mine had some .22 tracer rounds. Tried a few for fun, real crazy effect specially at night. Have never seen the short cartridge but have used their LR for decades. As you probably know that varies from decent to junk.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:35 pm

you should try the english tracers the pack quite a punch too. I guess they were Eley (forgot)
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:44 pm

22 also comes in amour percing tip, and some very intersting type which the public at large not aware of. Tracers comes in two main color red and green.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:49 pm

IOF does make ammo for the forces, .22 are used by super tropers of this world for special occasions.
perheps thats way only one type are in the civi market. some things ar for the boys in green to enjoy. :lol:

penpusher

Re: .22 bullet by ordnance factory

Post by penpusher » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:08 pm

Tracer rounds are not going to be very kind to the rifle barrel.Ditto for armor piercing ones.

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:31 pm

nagarifle, whats the special occasion for the AP?
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:50 am

eljefe wrote:nagarifle, whats the special occasion for the AP?

one has to use ones imagination on this one. :idea: may be for light armour,(ie soft body vechile at close range, i am not sure if we should be discussing this on the forum) HR roles or close range where other type of 22 may not have the desired result. or just to be mean to the baddies :cry: and spoil his day. :)

22 power is not that good so little help is always welcome.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:56 am

Tracers rounds will surly ruin ur barrel. the way tracers are used by the boys in green is by having every fifth round a tracer round or last two round in the mag to show its coming to empty.

Thus by this practice barrel life is prolonged. :D :D

nagarifle

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:05 am

nagarifle";p="36115 wrote:IOF does make ammo for the forces, .22 are used by super tropers of this world for special occasions.
I do recall .22 of various types being used by SF's....used most often with suppressors and silencers, particularly suited for roles like guard dogs etc.... why if my memory serves me right Sako or Vaime was marketing a superb .22 'sniping rifle' for police and internal security roles.

.... In the Indian context however, the use of .22 in the forces, for purposes other than cadet and basic marksmanship training surprises me somewhat. Does any one know of such an instance? As regards .22 tracers, I believe they are useful as a co-axial spotting/zeroing gun for RCLs and the like(I know the .50cal tracer ammo is ideal for this role).... I'm not aware of other practical uses.
perheps thats way only one type are in the civi market. some things ar for the boys in green to enjoy. :lol:
Makes no sense depriving the civil market from .22 shorts and .22precision. Also makes lesser sense reserving such stuff for the green guys. :)

To me it looks more like another usual farcical affair that the IOFB specializes in ;)

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:41 pm

also i might point out that IFO does import ammo to other countries. could this be for import only?

around 10 to15 years ago when i was a wippet snatcher in green, the brits were short on 9mm rounds, so short that we had some around 1 million 9mm imported from India, i believe they(9mm) ended up in the sea.

therefore i can only guess that some of IOF 22 may be for import purose only and it could be a little better quiltity ones.

or as the USA army did when they wanted a anti tank weapon, they decided to be patriotic and produce and use made in the USA. even though the marines were very happy with carl gustove 84mm.
nagarifle

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:44 pm

oh yes .22 subsonic are used for air hijeck in silent mode.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.